10c ticket transfer... question

so I know how it works, I like to idea keeping the scalpers at bay but....

when buying from someone you dont know? you have to claim the ticket and I suppose it would be wise to do it right away so it yours but... suppose they take a screen shot of said ticket. 

when you claim the ticket via am.ticketmaster does it change the bar code? whats stopping them from using just the screen shot of the ticket they sold you to get it?

btw... went to Seattle w/ my son using my own 10c tickets I didn't transfer and did use just a screen shot to get in.

just curious because unfortunately I need 1 ticket for Wrigley #1 and w/ all the shady ppl trying to make a buck I dont wanna get burned.

some dude had a 10c ticket.... I sent $125 PayPal... said he would send me a screen shot but I wanted the legit transfer. I got refund instead.

Comments

• As far as I know, when a transfer is completed, a brand new bar code is issued, thus voiding any previous ticket (or screenshot of a ticket).  If you claim the transferred ticket, it doesn't matter if the previous owner took a screenshot and sent it to 1,000 other people, those barcodes are all voided and you're fine. 

The challenge is obviously when you pay for the non-transfer ticket.  You run the risk of someone having sent that to multiple people.  Obviously if you are dealing with someone on these 10C forums, odds are it's legit, but mistakes can happen, and the only way to 100% know your ticket will scan at the gate is if you accept a transfer from someone else.  

I hope that makes sense, and if someone can add to this or make any corrections to what I said, please do!  
  • kwarlockwarloc Posts: 42
    edited August 2018
    I figured the code had to be changed. once a ticket is claimed w/ am.ticketmaster it's yours but they giver/seller can snatch it back until u claim it. 
    Post edited by kwarloc on
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    ^ correct. Ticketmaster re-issues the ticket when you transfer (goes for normal tm transfer too)
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • lance dwlance dw Posts: 52
    I have a question kind of on the same topic. I spoke with the 10 club and they let me know the only legal way to use/buy someones nontransferable ticket is if they let you login to their account and you download the ticket onto your phone.

Well I've done that a couple times now and have 5 tickets in my apple wallet. I am obviously only using one and the rest of my crew is using the other 4. Will the gate let me scan 5 tickets from my phone or do I have to send my buddies a screen shot and have them use that?
  • Jimmy124Jimmy124 Posts: 52
    I am a little confused, i see that only one ticket is transferable, but i am seeing pairs being exchanged. Are these non ten c tickets?