Options

Mike McCready - Nice guy but not a fan of stage antics

13»

Comments

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    My avatar is a photo I took of Mike at the London O2 show in 2009. It’s blurry because he was in full flow, and I wouldn’t want it any other way!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,602
    ryph raph said:
    He only walks in counterclockwise circles while onstage.
    This is bad, very bad, you must always walk clockwise in the circle.
    I saw him run around the entire stage counterclockwise.  I left the show in disgust.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Mike is a super nice guy. 
    Having said that I'm with OP. But then again I'm a Stone kinda girl. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Mike is a super nice guy.  Every time he comes to visit he does the dishes.  Just wish Stone would do them sometimes...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,706
    This has to be a troll post.....just has to be

Mike is a legend.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    MIKE HAS 4 BALLS,HE NEEDS TO RUN AND MOVE ALL THE TIME..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    I always thought mikes side was the place to be... if I have to pay $120/ticket, I expect a show.  

If mike stood still and didn’t engage with the audience, than there wouldn’t be much to watch on the PJ stage.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    Agree with OP. Mike has become a cheeseball. Moments when Eddie is singing serious lyrics and Mike is throw out picks and whatnot are pretty lame.
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    This thread also touches on the mind blowing concept that it's possible to love this band, but not love every. single. thing. they. do.
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    MIKE HAS 4 BALLS,HE NEEDS TO RUN AND MOVE ALL THE TIME..
    Testicular juggling!!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    PP193448 said:
    Mike is a super nice guy.  Every time he comes to visit he does the dishes.  Just wish Stone would do them sometimes...

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,759
    This thread also touches on the mind blowing concept that it's possible to love this band, but not love every. single. thing. they. do.
    While I disagree with the OP I fully agree with this post. 
  • Options
    i need to know how does the OP know mike is a "nice guy"?
    weird is every where
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    i need to know how does the OP know mike is a "nice guy"?
    weird is every where
    Not a damn thing weird about shit stirrers..... they're everywhere! 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,922
    sherm said:
    Are those my only 2 choices?!
    I changed my comments since people obviously can't take a joke, but seriously his whole walking around pointing act in between playing.  Could do without it...anyway love PJ, see y'all at Wrigley N1

We can see your original post. It's not a joke to personally attack a band member. Name calling is not ok.

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

This discussion has been closed.