Options

Can we get an overhead map for Wrigley?

BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
I worked as a location manager in the film business for 15 years and we would always create maps for the crew to point out where things were located catering, crew parking, set, basecamp... etc. etc. 
Is anyone familiar enough with the venue or the band to design something like this?   Or does something like this already exist?

Here's an example:

I'm like a tab

Comments

• Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    I guess that’s why movies suck these days. You guys waste all your time making these maps. Just walk around the park. It’s fun!!
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    here's an overhead view of the 2016 setup if people want to look for what their field sightlines might be.

• Options
    I guess that’s why movies suck these days. You guys waste all your time making these maps. Just walk around the park. It’s fun!!
    LOL.
    Locations maps could be one of the essential keys to a film crew.   Without a great location department, films can really suffer.  
    Imagine 300 extras with no catering tent or imagine having actors, directors, above the line crew show up with no place to park.  

The location department on a film are like the Road Crew.   They set everything up so the day runs smoothly.    Without the location department... movies don't get made.   Now... whether that movie is any good or not is up to the overall production.    I've worked on some dog shit films and our Location department was amazing.    

I'm like a tab
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    Dug1200 said:
    I would imagine a very similar setup as 2016. The park area is now complete (the gray triangle below the "2"), but that will be an area for people with tickets to hang out before entering the stadium. No merch stands will be floating there - 2 and 3 will definitely be merch stands again, not sure if Metro (1) will exist.

I'm sure most info will be sent out tomorrow.
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited August 2018
    Above map is pretty accurate with the exception that the merch tent is supposed to be at Clark/Waveland intersection, to the left of the famous Chicago Fire Department Station over there.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    LOL.
    Locations maps could be one of the essential keys to a film crew.   Without a great location department, films can really suffer.  
    Imagine 300 extras with no catering tent or imagine having actors, directors, above the line crew show up with no place to park.  

The location department on a film are like the Road Crew.   They set everything up so the day runs smoothly.    Without the location department... movies don't get made.   Now... whether that movie is any good or not is up to the overall production.    I've worked on some dog shit films and our Location department was amazing.    

All good points.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    And charging stations!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 438
    LOL.

Good location department = crickets
    Bad location department = dozens of threads from 10clubbers complaining about logistics
  • Options
    anybody ever have tickets in field W or field X?  I'm in field W, 15th row, wondering if the view was obstructed at all from the sound board tent thing?
  • Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 438
    anybody ever have tickets in field W or field X?  I'm in field W, 15th row, wondering if the view was obstructed at all from the sound board tent thing?
    You should be able to see the whole stage ... maybe not one of the video screens but that's no big deal.  The bigger issue is the sea of people in front of you on flat ground.
  • Options
    Discopij said:
    LOL.

Good location department = crickets
    Bad location department = dozens of threads from 10clubbers complaining about logistics
    Could not have put it better myself.   
    I'm like a tab