Release for Paul 8/20

Although I have been on this board for over a decade, this is my first post.  I wish it had to do with a fun fact or something that added to the great posts on this community board but unfortunately it is a request, a favor if you will.  Last week I received a call from my mother that my dad had taken a turn for the worst.  I rushed home to grab a few things in hopes to making it to say goodbye to my father....the best man a kid could ask for.  He was never too tired or busy to drop everything to spend time with me.  Always fun-loving and positive, the kind of person who drew people to him.  He never cared about his "goofy" behavior as long as he could make you laugh or smile.  About halfway there I got another call from mom to tell me he had passed.  I pulled over on the highway as it hit me harder than I expected.  Then, on PJ Radio, Release played.  It was like the band was reaching out to me to help me with my feelings.  The song brought more to light and became so much more special than the millions of times I heard it before.  I know there are so many requests for songs to be played and I understand if it can't happen, but it would mean a lot to me if you could play Release in honor of my father Paul at Wrigley on 8/20.
Thanks for listening and I promise a more uplifting post next time.

Comments

• PJWGIIIPJWGIII Posts: 810
    Big bump from me! It would mean a lot for me too to hear my favorite song at my first show. Hoping you get it for Paul!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    Contributor & Patron - liveon4legs.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10 | 2024: Vegas 5/16-&-18, Indy? Wrigley 2?

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris