Options

Which Was Better: Seattle Night 1 or 2?

LP7671LP7671 Posts: 1
edited August 2018 in Given To Fly (live)
Curious, for those who were at both Seattle home shows, which night did you think was better and why?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,106
    lol... Night 2 by far.   Night 1 had an amazing setlist and the band was tight, but it was missing that certain mojo that PJ brings on their best nights.

Night 2 had the mojo.  It didn't hurt that they drafted an amazing setlist.  I know we have to hear even flow/corduroy/DTE/porch/Rearviewmirror everynight.  It's the songs in between that help make the show.  The night 2 setlist was filled with alot of my favourite PJ songs, covers, etc...  When the band tries that hard, the crowd responds.  Crowd was a lot more alive on the 2nd night (at least in the pit).
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2018
    I don't think this is like a "Fenway 1 or 2?" question back in 2016 when there was maybe a little more discussion and different opinions about it.  For most who were at both nights, Seattle 2 was a game-changer.  Maybe a few will weigh in preferring Seattle 1, and I've seen some say they liked the setlist for Seattle 1 better, but I didn't see an ocean of people leaving Seattle 1 looking like they'd just met some mythical creature or won the lottery.  Seattle 2... most people looked that way as they left, or at least they looked blissfully happy.  The setlist was great, but there was so much more about it that was magical.

Seattle 2 was not only better than Seattle 1 (in my opinion), but better than most of the shows I've seen them do in the last 9 yrs (from 2009 to now). Charlottesville '13 is the only one that I saw that compares, and Seattle 2 probably beat it.
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Seattle 2 not even close. Had the magic of Moline. 
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Night two. The band played a better set list, had more cohesion and momentum, had better tone, and maintained tighter focus than night one (which was musically very good but not so deeply memorable, bar for the cause it represented).
  • Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 306
    Night 1 was special for me, first time for GA for me about 6 rows deep in center, met some great people standing in line all day. But.....night 2 was epic, setlist blew night 1 out of the water imo. Instant classic.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,151
    Usually it's easy to pick favs for me, but this time it's really hard. Both nights were great...

IMHO, night 1 was tighter. Night 2 may have had a better setlist, but night 1 still got "Throw Your Hatred Down", "All Those Yesterdays", "We Are Gonna Be Friends", "Nothing As It Seems", "Long Road" into "Release", "I've Got A Feeling", "Help, Help"... etc. 

Night 2 seemed a little sloppier, but again, a better overall setlist. "Oceans", "Missing", "All Or None", "Search And Destroy", "Rats", "Leash"... etc. 

People may disagree, but I'm calling a draw. 2 great nights! 
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Night 1 felt a bit more intimate to me ... with all the stories, love for Seattle.  Long Road into Release brought me to tears. Nothing As It Seems, just beautiful. Amazing night.

Night 2 had more energy, more momentum.  And an amazing set list. Missing.  I Won't Back Down. It's OK. Freakin magic.

Grateful I could go to both. But N2 is the winner. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    edited August 2018
    Night 1 had some good spots - Long Road/Release/Throw/Jack White cover...definitely had a festival/family picnic vibe to it, hard to explain. Crowd was mellow.  

Night 2 is still hard to put into words. Absolutely an amazing set, ton of energy, crowd was great, etc. 

Night 2 takes it for me easily.

Regardless, glad I was able to get to both shows. 
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    What? How is this a question? N2 was unquestionably the best show of the tour!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    release00release00 Posts: 342
    Amazing what ‘flow’ can do to enhance the show. 

I’m a poet and didn’t know it
    "So much it dont show"