Missoula

Last September I suffered a stroke.  We had just left St Regis, heading towards Missoula on I-90.  It has been a long year, but I’m mostly recovered and ready to finally hit the road for Missoula once again.  My husband, not the true 10 Clubber in the family, asked if he could hijack my page for this post.  Here he is.

I didn’t want to just send out a random Facebook post.  So many people won’t understand.  So many 10 Club members will.  I’m expecting there to be a lot of water works flowing for me over the next couple days, probably more than during the 2-days my daughter and I spent in town last September.  

So many evocative lyrics!! They can sometimes hit you out of nowhere, like a surprise left, perhaps. Today we continue our walk on the long road with a drive to the place where our lives changed.  I wanted to write something to go with the day.  So, I did, and you’ll see reference to the song that will probably hit me the hardest (if it gets played).  It’s about time for this love boat captain to take the reigns.  See you all at the show!  Cheers!!

An hour from Missoula 

An hour from Missoula 
90 miles an hour, make’n time, make’n memories
How many times?  We return like a promise met, like a gift
We share smiles, and the music, and the music
Like a song, you slipped away, but only for a moment

There’s something wrong with your smile
Are you there?  Don’t go, Come back
Less than an hour from Missoula 
90 miles an hour, make’n time, save’n memories
How many times?  How many more times?  
And the music plays. come back. Oh please come back.

An hour from Missoula
90 miles an hour, make’n time, make’n memories
You’ve come back, we’ve come back.  Like a promise, like a gift.
How many more times? Many more times.  Many more times.
We share smiles, and the music, and the music