Getting In Line For GA The Day Of

I was wondering for those who get in line for GA on the day of where you usually end up. Was thinking the next time they do a stadium series to try for GA

Drove by the GA lineup in Seattle the day of around 1:30 and the lineup didn’t seem too bad. 

Thoughts. 

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,530
    We showed up to the GA line to both Seattle shows around 4pm each day (Same as we did i Wrigley for 2016).  Ended up about 10 to 12 people deep pretty close to center (a bit over to Stone's side).   Maybe a few rows closer than we got for the Wrigley 16 shows.

We got a bonus the first night.   For some reason they'd pause letting people in through the floor entrance and I think we got it in just before a pause.  There was no line at the GA merch booth, so we our tshirts/poster and still got a good spot.  It was a nice bonus.

It was also amazing that they closed the roof until the sun went down so we wouldn't fry.   Even waiting 4ish hours for the band to play is grueling in the hot sun.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,838
    edited August 2018
    At MSG2 in 2016 I went to a taping of The Late Show, cabbed to the stadium about 20 minutes after doors opened, was 8 people deep center.

Based on getting into last night’s show (also 30-40 minutes after the GA line was let in) for the floor you could’ve gotten 6-8 people deep on the sides.

GA isn’t as tough to get a good spot as the forums suggest. People obsessing over rail spots make it sound more difficult than it is.
    Post edited by tschav on
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    tschav said:
    At MSG2 in 2016 I went to a taping of The Late Show, cabbed to the stadium about 20 minutes after doors opened, was 8 people deep center.

Based on getting into last night’s show (also 30-40 minutes after the GA line was let in) for the floor you could’ve gotten 6-8 people deep on the sides.

GA isn’t as tough to get a good spot as the forums suggest. People obsessing over rail spots make it sound more difficult than it is.
    I remember the 2016 MSG show having a very small GA line up, and I had seated tickets. I agree obsession with the rail overblows how early you really have to get there.

+1 for the Late Show! Love Colbert :D
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22