Membership Seniority quick question!

ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,282
edited August 2018 in The Porch
Hey all!  So I came here first around 2010, and my membership lapsed around 2015 due to me going to college and having to allocate my funds on concerts/fan club money to more pressing things, and I just renewed my membership today - excited to be back and ready to rock with all of you! :)

So I am assuming my number is totally horrible now though - and I was wondering how screwed I am when it comes to winning tickets through the lottery, and seating.  It the lottery itself seniority driven, or is it just with seating?

I am cool with potentially getting bad seats if choosing reserved seating because at least I still have GA to go with or Ticketmaster resale as a last resort - not that I am a "front row" guy, but getting something/anything better than them looking like ants on stage is my real only goal haha.  My membership wasn't super high in 2013 when I saw them in LA but was able to get GA for one show and not-too-too-terrible seats for the night after, and really if I still have a chance at that experience again I am a happy camper
Post edited by ForceofNature101 on

Comments

• RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    I joined in Jan 2018, a few days before the lotteries opened for the US dates...my number is 678xxx...I only entered into one lottery,  Missoula reserved seating...to my amazement I won a pair of tix in sec 104....not bad seats, and definatly much better than I could have gotten thru the Tickermaster sale. I'm happy being a 10c member....
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• RobZ said:
    I joined in Jan 2018, a few days before the lotteries opened for the US dates...my number is 678xxx...I only entered into one lottery,  Missoula reserved seating...to my amazement I won a pair of tix in sec 104....not bad seats, and definatly much better than I could have gotten thru the Tickermaster sale. I'm happy being a 10c member....
    Nice!!  Yeah the ones I got in 2013 were not bad at all considering how many people with better numbers probably went for reserved seating as well

Thanks for the reply! It is good to be back, after a brief period of less PJ in my life than I'd like  =)
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,557
    Seniority has no bearing on the lottery. And as long as there's a GA pit, seniority really isn't what it used to be.
  • Seniority has no bearing on the lottery. And as long as there's a GA pit, seniority really isn't what it used to be.
    Thanks!  Yeah I assumed as much but just wanted to make sure, I didn't know if any major ticket distribution methods changes since I was here last :)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,690

Seniority only comes into play with regards to how reserved seats are allocated. Nothing else.

So it has zero effect on whether you are selected for tickets in the lottery, that is based purely on a random draw and your odds are determined by how many folks put in for a show.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • I have no idea how seniority works. I went to both shows at Safeco and both nights had the same neighbors in different sections. I was in section 117 on night one and 142 on night two with seats in row 10 on night two. I’m not sure what sections would be better for reserved seats for 10 Club but I’d be curious to know since it seemed our seats were pretty awesome.  
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    PaulC1978 said:
    I have no idea how seniority works. I went to both shows at Safeco and both nights had the same neighbors in different sections. I was in section 117 on night one and 142 on night two with seats in row 10 on night two. I’m not sure what sections would be better for reserved seats for 10 Club but I’d be curious to know since it seemed our seats were pretty awesome.  
    Row 3 on the field for Wed Safeco Field show.