Options

Your favorite PJ song

sidefrictionsidefriction Posts: 13
Mine would have to be Animal, I Am Mine, Black, Lukin, Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town, and Yellow Ledbetter.

Of course there's a lot more :P
A man lies in his bed in a room with no door. He waits, hoping for a presence, something, anything to enter. After spending half his life searching. He still felt as blank as the ceiling at which he stared. He is alive, but feels absolutely nothing, so is he? When he was six, he believed that the moon overhead followed him. By nine, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact, no trade-backs. So this is what it's like to be an adult? If he only knew now what he knew then. Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers. He decides to dream...dream up a new self...for himself.

"In 20 years no one will remember Limp Bizkit or any of these 'alternative' rip-off bands like they will Pearl Jam. They understand the word integrity, the others don't."
- Joey Ramone

I'm trying to make this review the most popular on MMMDI - http://musicmademe.com/reviews.php?...w&reviewid=6804
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Album track- Given To Fly
    Non album track- Angel
    You Cannot Hesitate To Lay The Pimp hand Down
  • Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    In My Tree best song ever...
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    My favorite song , even though it is hard to choose, would have to be Daughter. Describes my relationship with my mother. I was moved when I first heard it!
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Options
    SoundSound Posts: 579
    AROUND THE BEND
    OFF HE GOES
    HOW YOU ARE
    I'M OPEN
    CORDUROY
    SOMETIMES
    TREMOR CHRIST
    IMORTALITY
    I GOT YOU - LIVE AT VERONA ITALY
    STATE OF LOVE AND TRUSTE
    It was a dream, not a nightmare. A beautiful dream I could never imagined in a thousand nods. I saw this girl next to me, she wasn't beautiful until she smiled. And I felt that smile come at me in heat waves following. Soaking through my body and out my finger tips in shafts of color. And I knew somewhere in the world, somewhere, that there was love for me.

Jim Carrol
  • Options
    This changes EVERY DAY, damn...

Top ten today(In no order)

Man Of the Hour
    Mankind
    Smile
    Daughter (almost always at the top, I dunno why I just LOVE THIS SONG)
    Off He goes
    Elderly Woman...
    Crazy Mary
    Once
    Oceans
    Black
    5'5" is a long way to fall
  • Options
    Footsteps, Corduroy, RVM, Insignificance, Angel.

Those are the ones that come to mind first.
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Options
    nautnaut Posts: 3
    Damn, what a hard question to answer.

I don't know that I could answer that, but I'll answer a different question. Which one is most emotionally moving to me? Long Road.
    Shoe the shoeless!
  • Options
    Hey you all! This is my first post in the pit. Been a die-hard fan since i saw them play Chicago in 95. Anyways, nice that my first post gets to be about my favorite songs... alright top 10

Hard to Imagine (absolute favorite right now)
    Black
    Indifference
    In My Tree
    W.M.A.
    Thumbing My Way
    Given To Fly
    Breath
    Nothingman
    Release
  • Options
    I apologize for posting again so quickly... most specifically my favorite song before I was reacclamated with Hard to Imagine....

BLACK from Atlanta, 4-3-94. The most beautiful rendition I have ever heard... I love the end - "We belong together, together, together!" so much passion...

Anyways, if anyone knows of another show where it was as good im very interested to know!
  • Options
    Black and Long Road :D
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    porch
    indifference
    hail hail
    in my tree
    present tense (makes me tear up a little)
    push me pull me
    love boat captain
    EDUCATION (This one has been on repeat since I first heard the cd. I love it for some reason.)
  • Options
    nothingman,...

im also a big fan of lowlight,... and too many others to list,...
    you're a real hooker. im gonna slap you in public.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    i couldnt ever pick a favorite song. like most people, it changes every day. When i hear release, i envision it playing at my fathers funeral. i would request it, because i am becoming more and more like my dad everyday. I actually knew him since i was born, and lived with him, he hasnt died. hard to imagine is one of the most amazing, moving songs i have ever heard in my entire life. rear view mirror is a great breakup song. probably the best breakup song ever. so much emotion and raw energy and momentum. momentum is something that eddie tlaks about, and it is my favorite element of pearl jam. thanks for everything you have done for me PJ, you will never know how much you have done
    All the friends and family, all the memories going round
  • Options
    -I'd have to say "Off He Goes" is my favorite slow song
    -Wishlist is the most listened to
    -Lukin my favorite heavy Nirvana sounding song
    -NOT FOR YOU my favorite College song

and "All those Yesterdays" is just my plain favorite
  • Options
    Monyc'Monyc' Posts: 35
    well fuckers... is

GIVEN TO FLY!!!

Best song ever!!!
    17/07/2003 Mexico City
    18/07/2003 Mexico City
    19/07/2003 Mexico City
    11/09/2005 Kitchener Ca
    12/09/2005 London Ca
    13/09/2005 Hamilton Ca
    15/09/2005 Montreal Ca
    07/12/2005 Monterrey Mx
    09/12/2005 Mexico City
    10/12/2005 Mexico City
  • Options
    Definately impossible to pick just one favorite song

Release - often brings tears to my eyes
    State of Love and Trust
    Rearviewmirror - someone said best break-up song ever, I agree!
    Last Exit
    Save You
    Cordoroy
    Animal
    Off He Goes
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

I'll hold the pain, RELEASE ME!
  • Options
    Mine are in no order- except perhaps the first 2
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Footsteps
    All those yesterdays
    Light Years
    Off He Goes
    Present Tense
    Nothingman

and Betterman & Alive were in there, but I think I may have dropped those. I'm half inclined to add Down to the list, but if I did I'd have to add LBC, I got shit... it would never end then!
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
    Down to the bits that I left uptown
    I need a fix cause I'm going down
  • Options
    it changes almost daily but here goes....

do the evolution
    corduroy
    footsteps
    off he goes
    thin air
    given to fly(live versions)
    indifference
    grievance
    oceans
    save you
    .................and the list goes on and on
  • Options
    It used to be Black & Rearviewmirror for a long time but now it's Yellow ledbetter & SAVE YOU-dam' good lyrics, just love the part at the end;"help me to help you help yourself"-so touching
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
    "I may be drunk but at least I'm not insane."
    "I don't have a drinking problem 'Cept when I can't get a drink."
    "There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk"
    -Tom Waits
  • Options
    I try to keep my list of favorites down to a reasonable number, say ten to fifteen. Then I hear one I've never heard before--for example, I only listened to Breath for the first time about a month ago--and I have to work it into the list, but which one has to shift to make room? Now Lost Dogs has come out and I'm seriously loving Dead Man. Just too many great songs.
    ". . . as each breath goes by I only own my mind."
  • Options
    Release, Thumbing MY Way, Brain of J
    We all walk the long road.........
    I got memories i got shit
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    immortality
    black
    small town
    all those yesterdays
    evolution
  • Options
    There are so many great Pearl Jam songs that are high up on the list, but my favorite of all time would have to be Corduroy. That song is fantastic every time they play it. <3
  • Options
    They are all so good, but my favorites are Jeremy, Alive, Given to Fly, Black, Porch, I am Mine, Betterman amd Daughter in that order.
  • Options
    Hmm it changes constantly for me, but songs I always love to listen to are:

Immortality, Animal, Blood, Corduroy, Alive, Oceans, Red Mosquito, Present Tense, Help Help, I am Mine, Faithfull, In Hiding, Nothingman, NAIS, Light Years, Long Road

But new favorites are Satan's Bed, Wash, WMA
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
  • Options
    Originally posted by MF1918
    This changes EVERY DAY, damn...

Top ten today(In no order)

Man Of the Hour
    Mankind
    Smile
    Daughter (almost always at the top, I dunno why I just LOVE THIS SONG)
    Off He goes
    Elderly Woman...
    Crazy Mary
    Once
    Oceans
    Black
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    definately changes everyday but today it's:

Hard to Imagine
    Hold On
    I am Mine
    Release
    All those Yesterdays
    Sad
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    Strangest Tribe
    "Justice cannot be for one side alone but must be for both" Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Options
    SoundSound Posts: 579
    ALL OR NONE

because the next song is allways the best. This particular one is the last
    It was a dream, not a nightmare. A beautiful dream I could never imagined in a thousand nods. I saw this girl next to me, she wasn't beautiful until she smiled. And I felt that smile come at me in heat waves following. Soaking through my body and out my finger tips in shafts of color. And I knew somewhere in the world, somewhere, that there was love for me.

Jim Carrol
  • Options
    Originally posted by INVDDRLUST
    Strangest Tribe

I just discovered this song for the first time on Lost Dogs. I LOVE it. It's absolutely beautiful. I can't possibly choose a favorite, but this one is definitely in the short list.
    ". . . as each breath goes by I only own my mind."