Options

Black

Lesser ManLesser Man Posts: 1
I've always liked the lyrics Eddie sings at the end of Black...

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star In somebody else's sky,
but why Why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine"

It has always reminded me of this girl I truly loved forever who never took the same feeling to me.
Lesser Man
-"it's got to get better sometime."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm right there with ya buddy. It means a lot ot me too.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Maybe you will not think the same as I but I get the same feeling from "Hard to Imagine"as I do from "Black". The part where Ed sings "Things were different then/ all is different now/ I tried to explaine" reminds me of the "We...we belong ....we belong together" part on the "Black" unpluged version. Maybe?
    Lick my monkey!
  • Options
    My favourite song :D
    I got a plan
  • Options
    We should start the "bring back the 'we belong together' part of black" campaign.
    "I'm making music for music's sake, and I have an audience I'm proud of." -EV

• Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Just watched MSG I version-beautiful!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    i love black - its such an amazing song!!

always makes me cry - makes me think of what might have been...

i love'd the 'we belong together'!!

oh, 600th post : ) i need to get our more
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    Hit the nail right on the head dudes. The lyrics pull me in and the tunes just finish me off. It's a great song that there Black is.
  • Options
    I wonder if anyone has ever listened to Black, and not thought about someone during the last lines...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lesser Man
    I've always liked the lyrics Eddie sings at the end of Black...

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star In somebody else's sky,
    but why Why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine"

It has always reminded me of this girl I truly loved forever who never took the same feeling to me.

This song is what got me hooked on this band 9 years ago. That line right there is my favourite in the song. While I don't have anyone that I would say is my "black" that line does hit kinda close to home though :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ledbetter143
    I wonder if anyone has ever listened to Black, and not thought about someone during the last lines...

Impossible , only if you weren't a PJ fan maybe.
    Clear eyes, Full hearts, CAN'T LOSE!
  • Options
    Monyc'Monyc' Posts: 35
    Beautiful song.... a classic!!!
    17/07/2003 Mexico City
    18/07/2003 Mexico City
    19/07/2003 Mexico City
    11/09/2005 Kitchener Ca
    12/09/2005 London Ca
    13/09/2005 Hamilton Ca
    15/09/2005 Montreal Ca
    07/12/2005 Monterrey Mx
    09/12/2005 Mexico City
    10/12/2005 Mexico City
  • Options
    Originally posted by dgenerate1857
    We should start the "bring back the 'we belong together' part of black" campaign.
    Yeah, that would be cool. Gives me the chills everytime I hear it.
    Drunken Butterfly
  • Options
    man, when gabe and i broke up (for like four days) before he left for college, "Black" was the other song I bawled my eyes out too... luckily we got back together...

but that song demonstrates the pain of someone getting away... and the torture your heart goes through... and when eddie wails the "Why"s at the end... GOD... that's powerful shit...

*sigh*

PJ Lovin,
    Jessica
    of_the_girl
    "At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet." --Plato

www.myspace.com/birdinamitten
  • Options
    I have that lyric as a saved message in my phone.

It's one of those songs that makes you remember what you once had.
    "She once believed in every story he had to tell" - Nothingman
  • Options
    Originally posted by dgenerate1857
    I agree, I really love that part. The unplugged version is so powerful.
  • Options
    Originally posted by of_the_girl
    ... and when eddie wails the "Why"s at the end... GOD... that's powerful shit...

*sigh*

PJ Lovin,
    Jessica
    of_the_girl

Yep, its how he sings the song that makes it.
    Man I just had a nightmare of Oasis covering it.
    And we're all allowed to dream of the next time we touch.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 1
    This is my first post on the boards, and I have to say Black is at the top of my list, and no matter how many times I hear it, I have to sit back and think of what might have been...
  • Options
    Probably there saddest song to date. At first when I heard it at age 13, I didn't know what the lyrics meant but the song really had this vibe that I could not believe. Once I learned the words, I could not belive how strong it was. I was at a restaurant on the upper east side and on my way home from school I would always play three songs from ten. The jukebox only had Ten in it. This was about seven years after its Release. Everytime I played this song, I would always get a response from people iin the bar. Everyone seems to know this song for some reason. Listen to this song almost everyday.

I have wished for so long, how I wish for you today.
  • Options
    I know it's already been sung,can't be sad enough-black is the best song ever to be written!!!
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
    "I may be drunk but at least I'm not insane."
    "I don't have a drinking problem 'Cept when I can't get a drink."
    "There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk"
    -Tom Waits