Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• Options
    Could be interesting about an over sale. I refreshed and got an error, refreshed again and managed to get it in my cart and check out. Wouldn’t say I was overly fast, possibly 30 seconds?
    IF there is an oversell, I would assume he would honor all sales and then just deduct the amount from Wednesday's batch.  But who knows.  Normally artists are very quick to mention if there was an issue and it's been 15 minutes already and nothing posted on any of his socials so I think you're all fine. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    Was logged in before 9, hit refresh maybe 4 time between 8:59:30 and 9:00:00, got locked out...by the time I was able to log in they were gone blah,

congrats to those that scored! If any of you have a show edition and want to trade or sell, please let met know. I wanted for nearly 3 hours on Sun am (got in line at 6:45 am on Sept 2), but by the time I got to the front, they only had the other posters.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    That's nuts that anyone was able to get it before logging in. The site never even gave me the option to buy for the first 30-60 seconds.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,849
    PJNB said:
    baseborn said:
    The damn site logged me out. Missed it.......
    Ditto. Then I stumbled and took 3 tries to get my PW right.

Miraculously I still managed +1
    I forgot it was a 10 character password. Fucked me up bad. Wonder why I got logged out. Hopefully won't happen again tomorrow. 
    When did you log in? I got logged out of my account after 10 minutes. So before the sale I logged back in 3 minutes. 

Hope you score one tomorrow if not Wednesday. 
  • Options
    All morning I saw the Sold Out message... then around 11:50, the graphic for today's sale changed, but it still said Sold Out.  Then right at 12, it disappeared.  I refreshed a few times, clicked back and forth to my account to make sure that I was still logged in, and then refreshed the store page again.  This time it was there, I added to cart, all of my info was already preloaded, and I made it through to get one.  This is my first Mumford poster of any kind!  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    u had to make an acount?if not cant score one?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    tubes10s said:
    This goes the same for those saying that they can just choose to stand in line for hours and hours.  Some folks don't have that time or opportunity due to other choices.  And then there's some folks can't or won't pull off either one, waiting in hours of lines or paying on the secondary market.  

Ultimately though, I believe that either option IS an option for all, if they make it a priority and plan accordingly.  Yes, for some folks it may require less planning and prep to burn hours standing in line, or just pay more to a flipper... but either option is an option for all of us.  

I would question anyone who stands in line for 6 hours so that they can pay $35 for a poster, when they could have gotten one for $100 on ebay, especially those who say that money is an issue.  Every one of us should have a value that we assign to our time.  6 hours of your time isn't worth more than $65?  
    There are pages and pages of responses I haven't caught up on, so maybe this has been addressed.  But the obvious point you're missing is, a show day is a show day. For those able to take off for a day anyway to go to a show where getting your tickets and getting in may start at 4:00pm, once you're already leaving work early, and especially if you're traveling from further away and need to take the whole day anyway, why not just leave that much earlier and wait in line for hours?  But doing it multiple times?  Or traveling to multiple cities?  You should count your blessings if in your world EACH of these things is an option for ALL.

Again, there are people who couldn't go to ANY of the 2018 shows, despite maybe wanting to more than anything else going on in their lives.  How do you explain that?  You know enough about everyone's responsibilities and financial options to know that going to a show, waiting in line, buying on secondary market is an option "if you just plan accordingly?"  Again, count your blessings.  You're lucky that that's your world, but get it straight, that is NOT everyone's world and a lot more people than you realize really cannot responsibly make the choices you think are for all.

• Options
    JH6056 said:
    There are pages and pages of responses I haven't caught up on, so maybe this has been addressed.  But the obvious point you're missing is, a show day is a show day. For those able to take off for a day anyway to go to a show where getting your tickets and getting in may start at 4:00pm, once you're already leaving work early, and especially if you're traveling from further away and need to take the whole day anyway, why not just leave that much earlier and wait in line for hours?  But doing it multiple times?  Or traveling to multiple cities?  You should count your blessings if in your world EACH of these things is an option for ALL.

Again, there are people who couldn't go to ANY of the 2018 shows, despite maybe wanting to more than anything else going on in their lives.  How do you explain that?  You know enough about everyone's responsibilities and financial options to know that going to a show, waiting in line, buying on secondary market is an option "if you just plan accordingly?"  Again, count your blessings.  You're lucky that that's your world, but get it straight, that is NOT everyone's world and a lot more people than you realize really cannot responsibly make the choices you think are for all.

Put me in the group that wasn't able to go to any of the 2018 shows.  It doesn't change how I feel about what choices that I think are for all though.  Maybe some options are much tougher for some than others, but it doesn't mean the option wasn't available.  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    demetrios said:

wow
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Whoa!!! Shipping confirmation received from Dan!  :o
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    JH6056 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    The days where you at least had a chance at a reasonably priced variant or AP are over. It’s unfortunate, but understandable. A lot less posters will be purchased by me now. They may be killing flippers, but they are also killing the average joe collector. 
    If someone is making it a point to collect APs and variants, I would not categorize that person as an average joe. In terms of value, that's the deep end of the pool.
    Agreed. If you're making an effort to grab variants you know what you're paying. $75-100 for APs and $150-200 for variants seems pretty average to me. Even for much smaller bands/shows
    The point is that it’s starting to price people out of even trying. Not sure which smaller bands you are buying prints for then if you think variants are anywhere near 200
    The flippers are the ones being priced out. Plenty of people are and have been paying 200ish for these prints. It's a better system if those transactions are occurring on the artist's website vs Ebay, ebeans, etc.
    I am new to posters and collecting, but not new to pricing and being a fan. I don't really see how anyone can argue that regular people are not being priced out when variants go for $200.  I FULLY support the artist going for what he can, and if he sells out, more power to him and to all the others.  So nothing I'm about to say is a criticism of the artists - they should get the money first if flippers are going to cash out on their work later.  I get that, totally support the artists selling for market value.

But in this discussion of what the impact is, there are people who'd love to get into collecting, and who'd love to get high demand posters that they love, but who can't afford variant prices and how are they not priced out?  Surely you don't think everyone who wants to collect can collect and has the disposable cash to pay $200 for a poster?

The other discussions about how these prices impact flippers I guess time will tell.  But this is Pearl Jam - there are fans who couldn't even afford to go to any of the 2018 shows, much less pay a bunch of cash for posters they couldn't get at cost or expensive variants.  It just really concerns me when we have these convos and it seems like many assume everyone who's a fan (not flippers) who wants in on the poster game has the cash to be in on the game, as if it's just a question of choice to buy or not as opposed to basic affordability.  For some money's not an issue; for many money is a huge issue.
    If someone is on a budget, many SEs can be acquired at affordable prices. Demand is such that every version cannot be within reach to every person. If someone really neeeeeeeeeds a s/n version or a different color, we're not talking about a simple souvenir.

What's interesting is that you were on here looking for advice on how to sell your extra posters at market rate. If it's ok for you to make money on these prints, I would really hope you're allowing the actual artist the same leeway.
  • Options
    tubes10s said:
    JH6056 said:

Put me in the group that wasn't able to go to any of the 2018 shows.  It doesn't change how I feel about what choices that I think are for all though.  Maybe some options are much tougher for some than others, but it doesn't mean the option wasn't available.  
    I respect that. And... I think it's very dicey (and frankly very presumptous) of anyone to think they know the details of what is and is not available to others.  I know 3 different people for whom saving the money and making the trips (because PJ didn't play near them even though they live in the US) was simply NOT a choice, even though 1 of the 3 got tix through 10Club and tried so hard to get the money together for travel and lodging.  It just wasn't happening for any of them, and not for lack of trying or saving.

No question, sometimes mindset and creativity (and then lots of patience and follow through) are the difference between "No, never happening" and "OMG I made this happen!"  But sometimes the gap between "Hell yeah I'm going/buying!" and "Waaaaah I tried everything... it's not working!" is too great.

My simple point is, some people have far more complicated financial situations and responsibilities than apparently you and several others posting about buying secondary or waiting for 6 hours have.  Never ever presume to know enough to speak for others about what is and isn't a choice is my main point.

But we can all talk about ourselves and those we know and those who post their situations here, because we know those situations.  Just don't assume what seems doable to you is doable for everyone, even in the most optimistic or strategic of mindsets.  Sometimes.... it just AIN'T HAPPENING, and that's real life, but it's upsetting when others act like it just didn't happen because someone didn't try hard enough or wasn't strategic enough.

And I say ALL of this as someone very fortunate to be able to make all this stuff work, including 4 '18 shows and a lot of merch purchased.  But I know many who, even with offers of some help, couldn't make it work, and I KNOW how hard they tried.  No one should tell them they had an option and just didn't make it happen.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    demetrios said:

Thought you would have tried for the variant. Still not sure what I did wrong to get logged out. 
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    tubes10s said:
    JH6056 said:

I respect that. And... I think it's very dicey (and frankly very presumptous) of anyone to think they know the details of what is and is not available to others.  I know 3 different people for whom saving the money and making the trips (because PJ didn't play near them even though they live in the US) was simply NOT a choice, even though 1 of the 3 got tix through 10Club and tried so hard to get the money together for travel and lodging.  It just wasn't happening for any of them, and not for lack of trying or saving.

No question, sometimes mindset and creativity (and then lots of patience and follow through) are the difference between "No, never happening" and "OMG I made this happen!"  But sometimes the gap between "Hell yeah I'm going/buying!" and "Waaaaah I tried everything... it's not working!" is too great.

My simple point is, some people have far more complicated financial situations and responsibilities than apparently you and several others posting about buying secondary or waiting for 6 hours have.  Never ever presume to know enough to speak for others about what is and isn't a choice is my main point.

But we can all talk about ourselves and those we know and those who post their situations here, because we know those situations.  Just don't assume what seems doable to you is doable for everyone, even in the most optimistic or strategic of mindsets.  Sometimes.... it just AIN'T HAPPENING, and that's real life, but it's upsetting when others act like it just didn't happen because someone didn't try hard enough or wasn't strategic enough.

And I say ALL of this as someone very fortunate to be able to make all this stuff work, including 4 '18 shows and a lot of merch purchased.  But I know many who, even with offers of some help, couldn't make it work, and I KNOW how hard they tried.  No one should tell them they had an option and just didn't make it happen.
    The way you post it's like PJ posters are somewhere on the base level of Maslow's hierarchy.  They are an absolutely unnecessary good and if they're expensive or hard to get or whatever, so be it.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

Thought you would have tried for the variant. Still not sure what I did wrong to get logged out. 
    When did you log in? I believe we get logged out after 10 minutes or so.

Variant is cool but love the red sky. 
  • Options
    mikeliska said:
    JH6056 said:
    tubes10s said:
    JH6056 said:

The way you post it's like PJ posters are somewhere on the base level of Maslow's hierarchy.  They are an absolutely unnecessary good and if they're expensive or hard to get or whatever, so be it.
    Nothing at all about what I said frames posters or even shows as a basic human need.

I am simply responding to posts where people say stuff like "Sometimes it's not worth it and you just buy on secondary market" or "Making it to a show or being able to buy a poster is simply a matter of choice and some planning".  It's not that simple, and some long time or giant fans have wanted to go to a show or buy some PJ merch that they're not able to.

If we can all just agree that no one here knows everyone else's financial situations and responsibilities (like kids or aging parents or small businesses or whatever), and that making statements like that as if anyone can do it is presumptuous and unfair to those who don't have a choice, then we're all on the same page.

But I deal with child welfare (child abuse cases) for a living, so really, I'm the last person you need to worry about being confused about concerts or posters/merch as a basic need.  Super clear they're not.  Just wish some folks would stop assuming that options they have are truly available to all when they're NOT for some.  That's it, that's all.
  • Options
    I hear you but if $100 is too much for a poster for your financial situation, then $35 is too much for a poster as well.
  • Options
    mikeliska said:
    I hear you but if $100 is too much for a poster for your financial situation, then $35 is too much for a poster as well.
    That is some weird logic
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mikeliska said:
    Right... because $35 = $100.  Because if buying a meal for a family of 4 at $35 is doable for them, then buying the same meal for $100 is too.  Or if you can splurge on movie tickets on your paycheck for $35, then automatically you can splurge on the same movie for $100.

Remind me to NEVER hire you to be my family or business accountant! =) 
  • Options
    Is it?  Why?  If you're wringing your hands over $65 (or similar) for a completely unnecessary thing, chances are that $65 should have gone towards paying bills, saving for retirement, kids education, whatever.  I don't mean to say one should never buy a thing unless your entire financial house is in order but gig posters are luxury goods.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    JH6056 said:
    mikeliska said:
    Right... because $35 = $100.  Because if buying a meal for a family of 4 at $35 is doable for them, then buying the same meal for $100 is too.  Or if you can splurge on movie tickets on your paycheck for $35, then automatically you can splurge on the same movie for $100.

Remind me to NEVER hire you to be my family or business accountant! =) 

:lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mikeliska said:
    Is it?  Why?  If you're wringing your hands over $65 (or similar) for a completely unnecessary thing, chances are that $65 should have gone towards paying bills, saving for retirement, kids education, whatever.  I don't mean to say one should never buy a thing unless your entire financial house is in order but gig posters are luxury goods.
    I see the point about not presuming you know or understand everyone's financial situation - especially on a board with thousands of members - is still totally lost on you.

Not gonna try any harder, hopefully others understand the point.

In the meantime, can you please DM me your address?  Cuz I'd love to send you several envelopes with $35.00 in them, and since it's basically the same as $100.00, can you please send me back $100.00 for every $35.00 I send you?  Thanks, that'd be great.  Cuz, like, no real difference and all...

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    edited September 2018
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

When did you log in? I believe we get logged out after 10 minutes or so.

Variant is cool but love the red sky. 
    I agree so I will probably score the variant tomorrow lol. It logged us out 10 minutes before the drop? I should have checked but had my daughter wanting some attention. Need to put more devoted time into it tomorrow.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    JH6056 said:
    mikeliska said:
    I see the point about not presuming you know or understand everyone's financial situation - especially on a board with thousands of members - is still totally lost on you.

Not gonna try any harder, hopefully others understand the point.

In the meantime, can you please DM me your address?  Cuz I'd love to send you several envelopes with $35.00 in them, and since it's basically the same as $100.00, can you please send me back $100.00 for every $35.00 I send you?  Thanks, that'd be great.  Cuz, like, no real difference and all...

{bodyslam}
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    When does the Whalen AP go on sale?
  • Options
    If paying $100 or $35 or similar for something absolutely, completely unnecessary doesn't fit 100% squarely in "I have no need for this money other than satisfying my whims" you shouldn't be doing it.  Full stop.

It's the opposite mentality that leads us to a situation where 75%+ of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, 57% have less than $1k in savings, why the median retirement account has less than $18k, etc etc etc.
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    JH6056 said:
    mikeliska said:
    JH6056 said:
    tubes10s said:
    JH6056 said:

Nothing at all about what I said frames posters or even shows as a basic human need.

I am simply responding to posts where people say stuff like "Sometimes it's not worth it and you just buy on secondary market" or "Making it to a show or being able to buy a poster is simply a matter of choice and some planning".  It's not that simple, and some long time or giant fans have wanted to go to a show or buy some PJ merch that they're not able to.

If we can all just agree that no one here knows everyone else's financial situations and responsibilities (like kids or aging parents or small businesses or whatever), and that making statements like that as if anyone can do it is presumptuous and unfair to those who don't have a choice, then we're all on the same page.

But I deal with child welfare (child abuse cases) for a living, so really, I'm the last person you need to worry about being confused about concerts or posters/merch as a basic need.  Super clear they're not.  Just wish some folks would stop assuming that options they have are truly available to all when they're NOT for some.  That's it, that's all.

Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    mikeliska said:
    If paying $100 or $35 or similar for something absolutely, completely unnecessary doesn't fit 100% squarely in "I have no need for this money other than satisfying my whims" you shouldn't be doing it.  Full stop.

It's the opposite mentality that leads us to a situation where 75%+ of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, 57% have less than $1k in savings, why the median retirement account has less than $18k, etc etc etc.
    Might be good to take this convo to AET, cuz there are far more complex factors than "Ooops, I thought I could afford that poster but dammit, now my house is in foreclosure!" that account for the financial data you just quoted.