Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    BLACK35 said:
    Nothing. Actually haven't received any customs fees for the Mumford, Whalen or Williams

Ya, the artist prints seem to be arriving fine without customs fees. Its only the ones coming in form the 10C because of the shipping carrier I believe.

I just got my Seattle Shuss yesterday from 10C and it had $15 customs.

My Chicago Jackson A/P had no fees.

My CRB Spusta A/P had no fees

Well at least it's nice not to get hit all the time with fees then
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    BLACK35 said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Nothing. Actually haven't received any customs fees for the Mumford, Whalen or Williams

Ya, the artist prints seem to be arriving fine without customs fees. Its only the ones coming in form the 10C because of the shipping carrier I believe.

Thomas AP cost me 37$ at the door.
  • Options
    PJNB said:8
    BLACK35 said:
    BLACK35 said:

Ouch!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    BLACK35 said:
    PJNB said:8
    BLACK35 said:
    BLACK35 said:

Ouch!

Shipping carrier
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    PJNB said:
    That's ok.  You get free healthcare.   =)
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    Sa
  • Options
    RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 295
    Sa
    True dat.
    09/04/93 * 07/19/98 * 11/05/00 * 05/30/03 * 09/02/05 * 09/04/05 * 09/05/05 * 09/07/05 * 07/21/06 * 07/22/06 * 04/02/08 (eV) * 04/03/08 (eV) * 09/21/09 * 09/22/09 * 09/25/09 * 07/15/11 (eV) * 09/25/11 * 12/04/13 * 08/10/18 * 05/04/24 * 05/06/24
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    JP218404 said:
    Like to get a glimpse of that poster...
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    Milestone said:
    PJNB said:
    It's not free.  It's paid for through taxes.   It's getting pretty rough too.  Hasn't been a doctor in my city taking new patients in years :(

I guess the major hurdle in the US is paying for insurance, but I often wonder if the portion of my taxes that goes to health care costs me more than insurance in the US would cost me.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Kearn5y said:
    bbiggs said:
    Anyone know when the Boston Mumford APs are supposed to ship? 
    I received mine yesterday, but I’m in the U.K. Would suggest that they are now being sent though
    Did you get shipping notice?
    No, just arrived in the post yesterday. I originally got shipping notice when I bought it, but I think everyone got one of those
    Is there a tracking number in your order history over @ https://www.dan-mumford.com/account
    Hi, just looked on my account and no tracking number on there. It just says shipped.
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    demetrios said:
    Kearn5y said:
    bbiggs said:
    I received mine yesterday, but I’m in the U.K. Would suggest that they are now being sent though
    No, just arrived in the post yesterday. I originally got shipping notice when I bought it, but I think everyone got one of those
    Is there a tracking number in your order history over @ https://www.dan-mumford.com/account
    Hi, just looked on my account and no tracking number on there. It just says shipped.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    demetrios said:
    Kearn5y said:
    bbiggs said:
    My order status just says completed. So I guess it hasnt shipped yet.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Zod said:
    Milestone said:
    PJNB said:

I guess the major hurdle in the US is paying for insurance, but I often wonder if the portion of my taxes that goes to health care costs me more than insurance in the US would cost me.
    Based on what I pay, I highly doubt it. I currently have $366.48 deducted a week for my health insurance. that's 19 grand out of my pocket annually (until the next huge rate increase), and that's after my employer pays for 1/3 of the plan.

Health insurance premiums have gotten out of control in the last decade, basically tripling in that time span.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,370
    Poncier said:
    Zod said:
    Milestone said:
    PJNB said:

Based on what I pay, I highly doubt it. I currently have $366.48 deducted a week for my health insurance. that's 19 grand out of my pocket annually (until the next huge rate increase), and that's after my employer pays for 1/3 of the plan.

Health insurance premiums have gotten out of control in the last decade, basically tripling in that time span.
    Right about where I am for a couple, in NJ, no kids...insanity. Boss also pays 1/3. We do have a fairly low deductible tho.
    We had someone on our lesser expensive plan get very sick and he got screwed, so we got rid of that plan.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Zod said:
    Milestone said:
    PJNB said:

OMG!!! That is unreal what you get taken off your chq each month. I would be in the poor house and I have a decent job. I'm blown away by this
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    @Poncier and @BLACK35 can we discuss this in AMT?!?  I'm curious to learn more about this.
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    Poncier said:
    Zod said:
    Milestone said:
    PJNB said:

OMG!!! That is unreal what you get taken off your chq each month. I would be in the poor house and I have a decent job. I'm blown away by this
    That's Obamacare (Romneycare actually here in Massachusetts which predated Obamacare) at its finest. My kid will have the grades to go to MIT but I'll only be able to afford to send him to Ringling Brothers Clown College as a result of this great system.
  • Options
    @Poncier and @BLACK35 can we discuss this in AMT?!?  I'm curious to learn more about this.
    Is there a thread over there in AMT.
    I'm not a guru on the Canadian Healthcare, just blown away by the numbers poncier mentioned
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Poncier said:
    Zod said:
    Milestone said:
    PJNB said:

That's Obamacare (Romneycare actually here in Massachusetts which predated Obamacare) at its finest. My kid will have the grades to go to MIT but I'll only be able to afford to send him to Ringling Brothers Clown College as a result of this great system.
    Sadly, that great institution pack up its oversize suitcase and loaded up into its undersize car and skipped town back in the 1990s. Your kid has no future.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Poncier said:
    Zod said:
    Milestone said:
    PJNB said:

Sadly, that great institution pack up its oversize suitcase and loaded up into its undersize car and skipped town back in the 1990s. Your kid has no future.
    Damn animal rights people.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    Poncier said:
    Zod said:
    Milestone said:
    PJNB said:

Thanks for the context.  I didn't realize the premiums were that expensive in the US.   That's alot more than I pay through taxes.   On the flip side we have a major GP shortage here so you can't find a dedicated doctor.   All you get is going to different walk in clinics or hospitals if something goes wrong.

People say Canada has the best health care but were not the only country with publicly funded health care.  I have to imagine other countries do it a bit better.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Zod said:
    Milestone said:
    PJNB said:

Holy shit.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    We pay $28k here a year for my wife and I and 2 kids for insurance, not including the $15k my wife’s employer pays as well for us.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    We pay $28k here a year for my wife and I and 2 kids for insurance, not including the $15k my wife’s employer pays as well for us.
    It would just be cheaper for you to pay cash at this point...
  • Options
    That's not insurance.  That's theft.  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    It would just be cheaper for you to pay cash at this point...
    Yeah it’s a damn joke- I actually just signed on that’s how I know.  I haven’t had insurance for about 10 years prior- never needed it, but I’m 38 so gotta be safer I guess.  But for 4 healthy people who don’t go to the dr. Except for annual checkups for the 2 year old, 43k is ridiculous
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Seattle Ames up 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Mumford AP arrived today. The sky looks orange to me, not red, even though I ordered the regular edition, not the variant. It's probably correct, but I'd like to find someone with a show edition for a side-by-side comparison to check.
    I SAW PEARL JAM