'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

1102103105107108135

Comments

  • ski-bumski-bum Posts: 872
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    Variant Thomas is pretty neat! :) 


    Been waiting for my AP to arrive. This is a good sign. Packed good?
    Got my AP a while ago. Packed fine, but rolled backwards, which was odd. No issues though. 
    It was packed good. Steve & Tom for years have rolled their prints that way. 
    Still no regular AP here. Also I thought the Catches were sent out with bad packaging? I was not in the poster game back then but thought I remember something along those lines. 
    Yes
    Many of the "catches" showed up damaged.
    That's why you don't see many variants.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 250
    BLACK35 said:
    So Whalen is on sale today and its Central time, correct?
    Anyone else having problems setting up addresses on that toysandposter website once you create an account?  I've tried 3 browsers and two computers and can't get an address input. 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 21,162
    KS80184 said:
    BLACK35 said:
    So Whalen is on sale today and its Central time, correct?
    Anyone else having problems setting up addresses on that toysandposter website once you create an account?  I've tried 3 browsers and two computers and can't get an address input. 
    It won't let me either. I went thru like I was making a purchase and entered all that stuff. It doesn't show it as a saved address, but it pops up when I go thru with a purchase....just make sure you cancel it and clear your cart lol.
    I just checked and still not saved, guess I have to take my chances
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 5,352
    ski-bum said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    Variant Thomas is pretty neat! :) 


    Been waiting for my AP to arrive. This is a good sign. Packed good?
    Got my AP a while ago. Packed fine, but rolled backwards, which was odd. No issues though. 
    It was packed good. Steve & Tom for years have rolled their prints that way. 
    Still no regular AP here. Also I thought the Catches were sent out with bad packaging? I was not in the poster game back then but thought I remember something along those lines. 
    Yes
    Many of the "catches" showed up damaged.
    That's why you don't see many variants.
    Thought so. Mine just arrived and it was in a huge tube but no damage. 37$ custom fee too. Can't wait to see what my BK variant custom fee is going to be.
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 58,093
    PJNB said:
    ski-bum said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    Variant Thomas is pretty neat! :) 


    Been waiting for my AP to arrive. This is a good sign. Packed good?
    Got my AP a while ago. Packed fine, but rolled backwards, which was odd. No issues though. 
    It was packed good. Steve & Tom for years have rolled their prints that way. 
    Still no regular AP here. Also I thought the Catches were sent out with bad packaging? I was not in the poster game back then but thought I remember something along those lines. 
    Yes
    Many of the "catches" showed up damaged.
    That's why you don't see many variants.
    Thought so. Mine just arrived and it was in a huge tube but no damage. 37$ custom fee too. Can't wait to see what my BK variant custom fee is going to be.
    Customs hit? D'oh! I wasn't hit with Canada Post. Sorry man. 
  • Ian Williams AP arrived in Pittsburgh yesterday...just an fyi. Quick shipping
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 58,093
    Ian Williams AP arrived in Pittsburgh yesterday...just an fyi. Quick shipping
    Cool! Mine just landed in Toronto.

    Crossing fingers there won't be a Canada Post strike on September 26th.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 21,162
    demetrios said:
    Ian Williams AP arrived in Pittsburgh yesterday...just an fyi. Quick shipping
    Cool! Mine just landed in Toronto.

    Crossing fingers there won't be a Canada Post strike on September 26th.
    Yes, this scares me a little
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 8,755
    edited September 2018
    Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 
    Chicago 1&2-18 Cork-EV-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

    Life is hard, that's why no one survives

  • fanofzsfanofzs NYCPosts: 478
    edited September 2018
    Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 
    Mine dodged a bullet.  My poster was way at one end of the tube.  Not sure if it was rolled that way or slid down from center during transit. 
  • Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 
    Would it frame out?
  • UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 210
    edited September 2018
    Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 
    Sorry to hear! In Canada? Anyone receive their Seattle BK in Canada yet?
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 
    Sorry to hear! In Canada? Anyone receive their Seattle BK in Canada yet?
    Not yet here in Toronto.
    "Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
    ----
    Montreal 8/20/98
    Montreal 6/29/03
    Boston 5/24/06
    Boston 5/25/06
    Mansfield, MA 6/28/08
    Toronto 8/21/09
    Buffalo 5/10/10
    Berlin, DE 6/30/10
    East Troy, WI 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI 9/4/11
    Toronto 9/11/11
    Toronto 9/12/11
    Hamilton, ON 9/15/11
    London, ON 7/16/13
    Ottawa 5/8/16
    Toronto 5/10/16
    Toronto 5/12/16
    Boston 8/7/16
    London, UK 6/18/18
    Milan, IT 6/22/18
    Chicago 8/18/18
    Chicago 8/20/18
    EV Solo
    Toronto 8/13/08
    Detroit 6/26/11
    TOTD
    NYC 11/7/16
  • Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 
    If you do plan on keeping it then I wouldn't worry too much but that does suck.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H Posts: 1,636
    Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 

    How'd it ship?  Mine arrived in a heavy duty poster tube in great shape.  I feel like I could stand on it before it'd buckle. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) 
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,141
    PSUS2H said:
    Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 

    How'd it ship?  Mine arrived in a heavy duty poster tube in great shape.  I feel like I could stand on it before it'd buckle. 

    Usually BK’s posters are very well packed in sturdy jumbo tubes
  • shermsherm Seattle, WaPosts: 708
    PJ-Cubs said:
    PSUS2H said:
    Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 

    How'd it ship?  Mine arrived in a heavy duty poster tube in great shape.  I feel like I could stand on it before it'd buckle. 

    Usually BK’s posters are very well packed in sturdy jumbo tubes
    That was how mine showed up.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 
    Mine arrived today safely but I can see how they’re getting damaged. The tube isn’t the problem, it’s that he isn’t rolling smaller than the width of the tube and taping the paper to make it more like a “paper tube” inside the tube. When the print is rolled and then put in the tube and allowed to expand so the paper is flush with the tube walls, it allows the print to get loose and slide around. That’s where edge and corner damage can unintentionally come from. Mine was fine but it definitely moved around a bunch. 
    Uniondale, NY 4/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 250
    Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 
    Mine arrived today safely but I can see how they’re getting damaged. The tube isn’t the problem, it’s that he isn’t rolling smaller than the width of the tube and taping the paper to make it more like a “paper tube” inside the tube. When the print is rolled and then put in the tube and allowed to expand so the paper is flush with the tube walls, it allows the print to get loose and slide around. That’s where edge and corner damage can unintentionally come from. Mine was fine but it definitely moved around a bunch. 
    Exactly.  Gotta get the posters to expand out so that they stay up against the wall vs. sliding near the ends of the tubes.  The tube within the tube is worse when they use the flimsy craft paper that won't hold up to any sort of movement against the ends (I tend to use a 3m paper that's more like the consistency of a paper grocery bag when I ship trades).
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 21,162
    Should we be in the "New" Section of poster and toys website for poster drop or go under concert posters?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
  • Williams variant arrived today. Huge dent in the tube but the print was fine since he rolled it tighter than the tube and it wasn’t touching the walls when the damage hit.

    Print is amazing. 
    Uniondale, NY 4/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 250
    was thinking featured products on home page
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MAPosts: 289
    edited September 2018
    I missed it because I was checking "New Stuff" and Concert Prints"......because it would just make too much sense to have it show up in those places  :o

    I love playing a guessing game.....why cant they just say where it is going to be
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 1,172
    Redrumh2o said:
    I missed it because I was shecking "New Stuff" and Concert Prints"......because it would just make too much sense to have it show up in those places  :o
    Same.
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 257
    it was hard  to find on the website at first, was looking under concert posters,,,had to go to shop and scroll down  missed the variant  scored the ap
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1

  • Redrumh2o said:
    I missed it because I was shecking "New Stuff" and Concert Prints"......because it would just make too much sense to have it show up in those places  :o
    It was under new stuff, but the default is listed alphabetically.  If you had changed it to new to old it would’ve shown up. Grabbed a variant. 
    Uniondale, NY 4/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 2,557
    Impossible to grab these APs from a phone. For me. Oh well. I managed a Mumford this week so I’m not upset. You win some you lose some. I loved the Whalen variant. Congrats whoever scored 
Sign In or Register to comment.