Options

Your interpretation of Oceans...

I always thought i knew what oceans was about until i started pondering it today. What does it mean to you? its an absolute awesome song and i love it to death..its amazing the amount of emotion the guys can put into their songs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I always thought of Oceans as being a song about two seperated lovers dreaming about each other and the time when they will come back together.
    I discovered the secret of life, but forgot to write it down.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I totally agree with you take my hand! This song is gorgeous and is definitely one of my fav songs EVER! It's fuckin perfect. I couldn't resist this thread. Here is my take on it...

This is definitely a love song. A very powerful, passionate one at that. There is such a binding feeling involved in it. A message that seems to say "I will always be with you". I get such a strong feeling of devotion and commitment.

Just as the tides are high and low, so are relationships. What it all comes down to here is that no matter what, I will come back to you, I am always with you. Time or distance cannot come between true love. "Hold tight the ring", I definitely see that as a keepsake, a symbol of this bond and dedication to one another. Even though I may not be right by your side, I am always with you, the love is always there...the ring is a reminder of that. Soo beautiful.

The song, the actual music has it's highs and lows too, which always puts an image of a wave in my mind. It's so smooth, it glides along and just flows so perfectly! Such a pure, magical thing.

For Eddie I see this as a song about his combined love and passion for the ocean/surfing, as well as that special someone. Again, I think it's simply beautiful. When he hits the "I will be there once moooooooore.
    Oooh Ooooooooooh." it really takes me places. :o So much emotion!! This is true.

What a song!!! Whatever it means to you, wherever it takes it, it somewhere so personal, passionate and heartfelt. It's an incredible journey.

Thanks for this gem Pearl Jam!

:)

(p.s. The Unplugged version?!!?!? :o Heaven sent!!)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    In the early years, during the last chorus ed would sing "ooooohhh Beth.... ooooohhh Beth yeah" so im guessing the special someone might be his former wife :(
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Yeah it's true. Just like the Unplugged version, he mentions her as well.

I wanna hear some of those version where he says "oooh Beth, ooh Beth". I can't imagine this song getting any more emotional but there it is. Wow! I really must hear that.

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    i think the Greenville (9/4/98) show with Oceans opening the show he mentions Beth.....

Kinda in the later years as well
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    WernyWerny Posts: 63
    I thought this brilliant song was about like "Everything will be okay someday".

I think the lyrics are too strange, I just love the music!!! One of the most addictive tunes ever! It's a shame it isn't even 3 minutes long.
    This puke stinks like beer, and everybody's here, so come on come on come on, let's lay waste to this Century...