Options

NYC area fans - car pool

KartsKarts Posts: 116
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I was on the Eurovan last year and that experience was so amazing, I'd like to do the same for some of this tour... Seems like all shows after and including Camden are within a 3-4 hour drive from the city. It's likely going to be 8 shows with a second Camden and Mansfield date added.

I'd like to hit up all 8 of these shows - anyone want to car pool so that we can get to and from the venue every night? I figure with such a short drive there's no point staying at hotels, though I'm not completely against that...

Anyone out there interested in this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I might be interested, but I am also hiting up MMJ at Radio city on JUne 20th
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    actually I am interested pm me
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    I know I want to go to both camdens and both Mansfields, so I may be interested. I think I may stay in Mansfield but I may be interested in a carpool for Camden. I am just waiting on a friend to figire out which shows he can do. We are defintely doing MSGs and 99% sure Hartford. But I got to talk to him about the others.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    we are definitely doing Camden on the 19th, and if Camden II is NOT the 18th, we're in for that too...would love to carpool.
    also, hartford--we can carpool and split the ferry.

Powers, i'll email you about this.

peace
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    is the NOVOTEL hotel in new york close enough to get home safely from MSG each night? walking or cabbing?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    interested
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    is the NOVOTEL hotel in new york close enough to get home safely from MSG each night? walking or cabbing?

what's the address?
  • Options
    226 wst 52nd street
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    226 wst 52nd street

It's not a bad walk, but if you're female and unfamiliar with the area, I would take a cab. Would probably be only $6 to $8.
  • Options
    manhattan wrote:
    It's not a bad walk, but if you're female and unfamiliar with the area, I would take a cab. Would probably be only $6 to $8.
    thanks man, appreciate it, i will be with my galpal and we walk a lot, so it should be no prob, but the cab is very cheap too, anyways, thanks..good to know...
    im booking, gonna stay 3 nights there....cant wait to see all the sights in NY!!! lots to do....

i would really be interested in taking an old school hip hop tour on NY, heard of those? know anything about them, ive just heard they happen....
  • Options
    natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165
    226 wst 52nd street

It'll take you about 20 minutes to walk from the Garden. You'll be fine - it's through Times Square and there will be thousands of peeps on the street at that time.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    thanks man, appreciate it, i will be with my galpal and we walk a lot, so it should be no prob, but the cab is very cheap too, anyways, thanks..good to know...
    im booking, gonna stay 3 nights there....cant wait to see all the sights in NY!!! lots to do....

i would really be interested in taking an old school hip hop tour on NY, heard of those? know anything about them, ive just heard they happen....

you mean this i assume: http://www.hushtours.com/
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    cool thanks for that....4 hours is a huge chunk of the day, dont think the misses would like that...but ill check it out...thanks.