Options

Go/Kurt Cobain??

What is 'go' about? I once heard that it was about Kurt Cobain. Is that true?
Saw things so much clearer...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eh...I think that's a bit of a stretch. Definetly has nothing to do with his suicide because VS came out in 1993 and Cobain killed himself in 1994.
    “DON'T TELL ME this IS REAL because it is the edge chunk of what I feel!”

-Michael McClure
  • Options
    Can't swear to the accuracy of this, but I heard a long time ago that Go was written about an old pickup truck owned by Eddie
  • Options
    Could you mean The *Go* Team?...
  • Options
    nautnaut Posts: 3
    I have seen two things that lend credit to the idea Go was written about/for Cobain. One being that I have heard Ed say at one of the shows, "This one is for Kurt" before he started into Go. The other being on the SNL performance in 94 during Go he opened up his shirt to reveal a "K".

It's definitely possible.
    Shoe the shoeless!
  • Options
    I have that SNL show taped. Couldn't ever figure out what the "K" was for. As for the meaning of "Go"...no idea. I guess it could represent Cobain but I'm just not sure. Hell, I never am.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by naut
    I have seen two things that lend credit to the idea Go was written about/for Cobain. One being that I have heard Ed say at one of the shows, "This one is for Kurt" before he started into Go. The other being on the SNL performance in 94 during Go he opened up his shirt to reveal a "K".

It's definitely possible.

It's possible that he re-interpreted it in Kurt's memory... I remember when Kurt attempted an overdose in Italy, Ed had some quote about "Don't go..." in a magazine

From Melody Maker, 5/21/94:
    "I remember when he got sick in Rome -- I didn't realize then that it was actually a suicide attempt -- I was in Seattle. I went out to grab something to eat and I saw the headlines. That he was in a coma. I just freaked out, man. I went home and made some phone calls, tried to find out what the fuck was going on. Then I started pacing the house and started to cry.

"I just kept saying, 'Don't go, man, just don't fuckin' go... just don't go.' I kept thinking, 'If he goes, I'm fucked.'"
    --quoted from http://www.fivehorizons.com/archive/articles/mm052194.shtml

But since the song predates both the attempted suicide and the actual death of Kurt, I think it's a misinterpretation. I also read that it was about an unreliable vehicle of Ed's...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    As per the book, "5 against one", go, reffers to his busted ass pick up truck.
  • Options
    mulacmulac Posts: 97
    i always though immortality was about kurt
    the passenger is life