Options

Jeremy

What do you think 'Jeremy' is about? The lyrics are intriguing but kind of diffficult to interpret...
Saw things so much clearer...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nautnaut Posts: 3
    The song is a story baed on factual events of a suicide in Indiana? I believe.
    Shoe the shoeless!
  • Options
    Yea. It's based on a kid that went into his English class (I think it was English), took out a gun, and well...blew himself away. The video to Jeremy explains it greatly but the censored version is kinda confusing because of one frame they took out. I won't ruin it for you but it's creepy as hell but I still love it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Troubled Souls Unite
    What do you think 'Jeremy' is about? The lyrics are intriguing but kind of diffficult to interpret...

It about 2 things 1.) a kid that Ed went to highschool with brought a gun in one day and waved at somebody 2.) A kid from a highschool in TX. He was that kid who always got picked on etc. He had a presentation to make in his English class showed up late , the teacher gave him some crap , he stood up to do his presentation took the gun out and put in his mouth or at his temple.....
    Clear eyes, Full hearts, CAN'T LOSE!
  • Options
    The video for Jeremy is my fav video ever. I think they really got acoss the emotion in the song. I really liked the whole "78 degrees and sunny" (I"m not sure if that's what it was) headlines and weather descriptions. I think it was telling such a serious story and those randomly popping up kind of let us know the things we were concerned about when this was happening. I don't know. Just a very moving song and video.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." -'Release' PJ
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    http://members.aol.com/corduroy19/pearljam/jeremy.html

this help? Its the article that Eddie read......so now you know :)
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    There is just something about this song.. I've heard ot many times, never really paying attention to it. Just sort of listening to it without hearing..
    Once I got the album "ten", I just.. heard.
    Got a bit obsessed aswell. I've been reading every single
    news clipping in the net I can find about Jeremy.
    I feel so sad and helpless..

And the video.. Oh My God. It is brilliant.
    I have seen the original version and yes.. It does freak me
    out..
    Mostely I love the picture where "jeremy" is rapped in the US flag and there are flames behind him..

I will Bow down for Eddie for making this song, aswell as
    all the others.
    Thank you.

(Long text from a newbie, Nice to be on boards :) )
  • Options
    Ive never been a big Jeremy fan I always zap through it to hear others.

Maybe MTV is to blame for overplaying it back then, who knows?
    And we're all allowed to dream of the next time we touch.
  • Options
    I do hate that if you hear a good song, any song and you really like it.. after couple of weeks you can't stand it because they've been playing it way Too much on the radio.