Options

Parking near SafeCo?

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
Apologies if this has been discussed before...did a search and couldn't find anything on this topic.

Flying in to Seattle for the first show on August 8th and decided to rent a car (mainly for the following day). Anybody familiar with the area have any tips on where to find parking a decent distance from SafeCo without having to pay an arm and a leg? Not interested in the $60 parking at the venue, but anything less than $20 and within a mile would be okay. Or should I not even bother and just Uber in/out?
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus

Comments

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I don’t know the area at all so we are just taking Uber from hotel which is near airport. Uber’s are so cheap these days. Although after the show, Uber prices will sky rocket. 
  • Options
    jlondon31jlondon31 Posts: 88
    Just take the light rail. It runs from the airport into downtown seattle with stops along the way. It even has a stop a couple of blocks from the stadium. It runs about $3.50, less stress, hassle and it may be quicker as well.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Considering taking an Uber; only concern is that it's probably going to be a clusterfuck after the show. The light rail sounds great but I'll be coming from an AirBnB about 5 miles south of the venue - not sure if there's a light rail station any closer to me than SafeCo itself.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    Parking in Seattle is a nightmare. Anytime of the day. But if you insist on driving park near Chinatown. There is street parking and even a reasonable self parking lot at 5th Ave S and S Jackson Street. It's a like a 15 minute walk to SafeCo from there. And you can get a good meal after the show since some restaurants are open late there
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    jlondon31 said:
    Just take the light rail. It runs from the airport into downtown seattle with stops along the way. It even has a stop a couple of blocks from the stadium. It runs about $3.50, less stress, hassle and it may be quicker as well.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. Does it still run late at night after the show? Thanks 
  • Options
    madhat181 said:
    Parking in Seattle is a nightmare. Anytime of the day. But if you insist on driving park near Chinatown. There is street parking and even a reasonable self parking lot at 5th Ave S and S Jackson Street. It's a like a 15 minute walk to SafeCo from there. And you can get a good meal after the show since some restaurants are open late there
    Great info. Thank you!

• Options
    peacepeace Posts: 55
    The car rental company that I am renting from, Budget, has a parking spot for customers. They are only charging me $10 per night to store my rental car. My hotel 2 blocks way is charging $45 per night for the same service. 

• Options
    peace said:
    The car rental company that I am renting from, Budget, has a parking spot for customers. They are only charging me $10 per night to store my rental car. My hotel 2 blocks way is charging $45 per night for the same service. 

How much did you pay to rent from them? I looked into renting from their airport location and as of last week they were asking $100+ per day for a shitty economy car...

• Options
    jlondon31jlondon31 Posts: 88
    jmug23 said:
    jlondon31 said:
    Awesome, thanks for the info. Does it still run late at night after the show? Thanks 
    I believe it runs until 1am. Here's a link so you can see the stops.

• Options
    easystreeteasystreet Ocean Shores WA Posts: 9
    If you come from the South of Seattle starting from Michigan St  Which is around a mile maybe from Safeco. I always use 4th Ave but you can use 2nd Ave or 1st ave these streets will take you right to Safeco field  just start looking for parking around Holgate Ave. Michigan and Holgate run East to West.  1st, 2nd 3rd or 4th run North to South. Coming from the Nothend can't help with that.
  • Options
    If you come from the South of Seattle starting from Michigan St  Which is around a mile maybe from Safeco. I always use 4th Ave but you can use 2nd Ave or 1st ave these streets will take you right to Safeco field  just start looking for parking around Holgate Ave. Michigan and Holgate run East to West.  1st, 2nd 3rd or 4th run North to South. Coming from the Nothend can't help with that.
    Awesome advice, thanks! Is this street/metered parking? Is there a time limit to park?

• Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    If flying in, take light rail right from airport to stadium or anywhere else in downtown core.
  • Options
    easystreeteasystreet Ocean Shores WA Posts: 9
    There's parking on the street,parking just west of fourth ave cant miss it there's lot parking the  closer you get the price goes up. go early. I'm going Light Rail from the Airport.    
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    I would avoid driving and take the light rail if you can. Safeco is only about a 1/2 hour walk from the city center so depending on where your coming from walk, lightrail or uber.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    I would avoid driving and take the light rail if you can. Safeco is only about a 1/2 hour walk from the city center so depending on where your coming from walk, lightrail or uber.
    If you walk just be aware of your surroundings!!!
  • Options
    peacepeace Posts: 55
    @ Walkunafraid,  I am Ubering to the downtown location from Seatec to pick up my car. I used my Costco card and the car is only $62.14 per day. 
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 694
    Awesome advice, thanks! Is this street/metered parking? Is there a time limit to park?
    There is street and metered parking. Time it right and you can get it free after 6:00
  • Options
    peace said:
    @ Walkunafraid,  I am Ubering to the downtown location from Seatec to pick up my car. I used my Costco card and the car is only $62.14 per day. 
    Thanks for the info. I'm so used to being able to rent a car for about $40 a day that everything in Seattle around the Home Shows seems really inflated. I ended up finding a company out of SeaTac called Silvercar that rents only Audis. Got a first-time user discount, so it ended up being $71/day. More than what I wanted to pay, but at least it's an Audi. 

• Options
    There is street and metered parking. Time it right and you can get it free after 6:00
    Thanks again for your help. Still deciding whether to drive in or take an Uber, but the advice of yours and others has really helped me pinpoint my options. 

• Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 694
    If you are staying five mile south, I would just uber to the show. I live 2-3 miles north and I either bus or uber to every event downtown. Recently I've been taking Lime Bikes. The times I've driven I've either had to pay more for parking or had to spend the time looking for it. Not worth it for me. Time is money.