Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• Options
    Deadman said:
    kramer73 said:
    I like the 2 poster limit of each design
    Not sure why anyone needs more than 1, but I do like it too.
    Am I missing something, but hasn’t there always been a limit of 2 posters? 

The thing is is it’s rarely enforced 
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    Deadman said:
    kramer73 said:
    Am I missing something, but hasn’t there always been a limit of 2 posters? 

The thing is is it’s rarely enforced 
    Hmmm not even sure.  Can’t say I’ve ever felt the need to buy more than 1 of the same exact poster.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    I like the idea of poster only tent. Make it cash only.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    pjl44 said:
    How do they enforce "no lineup before 9am?"
    They don’t. They had the same rule for Wrigley 2016. I got there an hour before said time just to take a look and there were already about 300 in line, the front of which looked like they’d already camped out for a while. I said fuck it and got in line too.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:
    That’s what it has always been.  It will not be enforced.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    No socks?!?
    Stone is gonna be full on t-shirt tucked into belted pleated shorts, rocking Moses sandals - with NO SOCKS !!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    kramer73 said:
    I’ve never been to a show that this wasn’t enforced. 
  • Options
    Gonna go out on a limb and say one of the Seatlle posters pays tribute to CC
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    kramer73 said:
    I've also never seen it enforced - most recently Fenway 2016, Toronto 2016
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    Deadman said:
    kramer73 said:
    To flip them first on ebay and then on lost dogs.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Too bad they can't keep the limit to 1 per poster design per customer, seeing that they will be selling all 5 poster designs for all 7 day's.

Same customer could be first in line (or top 10) for the next 7 day's buying up posters & all the merch their eye could see, nothing management can do right? Just hope they have enough to go around for their fans.

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    kramer73 said:
    I’ve never been to a show that this wasn’t enforced. 
    me neither, on the whole the limits were enforced at every show i went to in Europe this year. I heard a few stories of a few Italian shows where the merch sellers were not told in time, but other  than that it was a strict limit
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    For those curious as to why someone would by two of the same print here are a few simple reasons.
    1. Use the second poster as trade bait for future posters or for a poster you missed out on for a previous tour
    2. Have a merch buddy (i.e. Ill get your shit in Seattle, you get my shit in Missoula) This saves fans time from having to wait in merch lines in two different cities
    3. Some people just flip these posters to fund their tours
    4. Some people buy a spare in case one gets damaged

Im sure there are many more reasons, but if the two poster limit per print is enforced, I do not see an issue with it. 
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    For those curious as to why someone would by two of the same print here are a few simple reasons.
    1. Use the second poster as trade bait for future posters or for a poster you missed out on for a previous tour
    2. Have a merch buddy (i.e. Ill get your shit in Seattle, you get my shit in Missoula) This saves fans time from having to wait in merch lines in two different cities

Im sure there are many more reasons, but if the two poster limit per print is enforced, I do not see an issue with it. 
    Id go with 3, 1, 2 & 4 in that order
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057

Possible that someone wants to frame the front and back views of the posters, since a lot of cool stuff is on the back side now.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    #4 i only do with Vaults.   Never thought about a poster being damaged lol
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434
    It should be one poster per person.  Can’t see a legitimate reason why someone should need to buy more than one poster. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    on2legs said:
    It should be one poster per person.  Can’t see a legitimate reason why someone should need to buy more than one poster. 
    Well, my concert buddy is getting in the day after me in both Chicago and Boston. Thought I would be a nice guy and help by maybe picking up a poster for him so he did not have to wait in line too. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Well, my concert buddy is getting in the day after me in both Chicago and Boston. Thought I would be a nice guy and help by maybe picking up a poster for him so he did not have to wait in line too. 
    No offense to you personally.... But is it being a nice guy to the dude on the line behind you who is actually there and will miss out while your buddy who isn’t there gets one?   

Just my opinion... but it should be one per person and then the posters go to the people actually on line. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    demetrios said:
    Too bad they can't keep the limit to 1 per poster design per customer, seeing that they will be selling all 5 poster designs for all 7 day's.

Same customer could be first in line (or top 10) for the next 7 day's buying up posters & all the merch their eye could see, nothing management can do right? Just hope they have enough to go around for their fans.

With the 7 days stretch
    is it possible posters are sold out on the 5th day?

some customer can show up on the first day
    buy another 2 posters the next day
    then buy another 2 and so on
    nothing 10c can do about this
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    demetrios said:

With the 7 days stretch

I think they hold back posters for each day.  

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

With the 7 days stretch

I think they hold back posters for each day.  
    They do but they definitely have more earlier on of sought after items. 2016 things that were in high demand were supplied less and less after each day. There were barely any Catches left for Sunday at Fenway. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    No offense to you personally.... But is it being a nice guy to the dude on the line behind you who is actually there and will miss out while your buddy who isn’t there gets one?   

Just my opinion... but it should be one per person and then the posters go to the people actually on line. 
    Not disagreeing, I'd be fine with one per person.  But it is just as likely the guy behind me is buying to put on ebay. Or only buying to trade with someone for a Seattle poster, or a Berlin poster, etc. Or buying 50 stickers to trade. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Not disagreeing, I'd be fine with one per person.  But it is just as likely the guy behind me is buying to put on ebay. Or only buying to trade with someone for a Seattle poster, or a Berlin poster, etc. Or buying 50 stickers to trade. 
    I agree.  One person would solve a lot of headaches. 

• Options
    demetrios said:

With the 7 days stretch

In Boston in 2016 they took a pic of a guy to make sure they stopped selling him boxes of baseball cards. Thought that was pretty funny. Also, would not sell full boxes after that. At least while I was there. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    pjl44 said:
    How do they enforce "no lineup before 9am?"
    They don’t. They had the same rule for Wrigley 2016. I got there an hour before said time just to take a look and there were already about 300 in line, the front of which looked like they’d already camped out for a while. I said fuck it and got in line too.
    Yeah, definitely wasn't enforced at Fenway either. Maybe someone makes them put the disclaimer in.
  • Options
    How about the supply inside the stadium?
    will it be minimal?
    i still think the best way is to get merch inside
    always works for me for the european tour

PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    2pp on posters seems completely reasonable to me. Hell, there are still Fenway posters in the store. They're trying to sell through these things.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    on2legs said:
    problem(s) and conflicts solved!
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited August 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
This discussion has been closed.