Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    100 Pacer said:
    Saw the massive merch tent set up across the street already during the pregame footage. 
    Are there fitting rooms?
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,769
    And on-site tailors?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Shakescky said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I'm pretty bummed that I made a special trip to Theo Chocolate yesterday to buy some Home Shows chocolate bars, and that was the one day they decided to close early at 12:30 for a company event! Grrrrr........
    i would be bummed as well. i must thank you though because your situation reminded me of a moment in time in my life when my friend attempted to swing by a lindt chocolate store. the mall was closing for the evening and there had to be about ten minutes left in the final hour. the store is opened and she gets right up to its entrance for the security gate to slowly lower down in front of her.

half of me felt bad while the other half of me couldn't stop with contagious laughter. it is some kind of scene you would see portrayed in a comedy genre.
    Oh no! What a disappointment. I can imagine it was hard for you to keep a straight face in that situation, though. As I was standing there yesterday staring at the Home Shows chocolate through the door, all I kept thinking about was the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld: "No chocolate for you! Come back next week!" Talk about being denied.....
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,059
    JP218404 said:
    A 10C ticket lottery winner bundle would be best IMO.  ya win the lottery you get  to buy the unique show shirt and poster only.  works better for a full tour rather than the stadium shows but still would help. my guess is some people would still line up and flip but at least you can get those items easier if you choose to.  I bet we are all willing to pay a little extra for this type of option too.
    But then you'd get flippers willing to forfeit the cost of one ticket in order to makeup their loss by transfer /selling the other ticket and flipping the pre sale merch. Nothing will work until everything is mass produced to take away the limited nature of the items. 
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Almost everyone on Lost Dogs is a flipper in my opinion...
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,701
    baseborn said:
    Oh, and if anyone wants to sell me a Rome poster for a reasonable price, please let me know. But someone on here was selling a DAMAGED one for $350 the other day. Another example of the craziness.
    But he got the GREAT PRICES reply or something like that which makes it all OK. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948

• Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    baseborn said:
    as someone who wasnt born yesterday around here,and touring the last 12 years at every year atleast 1 tourr ill say my opinion  this merch obsesion-flipping,trading shit that going on that getting worst and makes it more difficult just to get a shrt or a poster from show u went
    its clear that i hate flippers,everyone knows it..the big problem for me,,is that fans become instead of fans,,that just go to a show ,listen the song,get a poster to remember the show etc,,becomes instead of fans.,businessman
    they buy what ever they can from shows everywhere on the planet,from the merch booth,to ap sales,online,to 10c sales,to any record comapny release ..they bying every type of repease in any type of merch just to make money of it,or trade shit.,they see the whole as business..they dont give a fuck about the shows as they give for the merch,they never talk aboit the show,they domt post thewir review,they dont care for the 3 hours of music.what matters irto make business,make money,,make something from this merch thing..
    probably they searching during the show at facebook groups and at ebay and in lost dogs how much the second market goes and how the stickler worth and what trade they could do..i wish was 2-3 of them..well,,we had sawyer back then here..now there are tons around and everywhere..it makes me sick..cos they see the band as business and how to get something form it..and all this ruin it for all the rest fans and especially the casual ones who dont have a chance to get anything related to the band as merch..
    ill check merch,ill try to get a poster but thats it,,music is what i sign in for when i felt in love with this band,,and no merch will never makes me more happy than see them live..
    i got 10 shows pins and stickers and poster on europe tour..and i was more happy that today arrived at australia .when i sent em to another fan that will love them,me,,well,its a fuckin sticker,.,show was more important.for me,.,
    yes just sent to another fan for free....yes,including  fuckin emek roma poster,berlin,padova,and a couple more..,ones goes hundreds dollars in flipping pages and websites..and i felt good,didnt stressed at all.,,its just stuff..feels good to be a fan of this band and love them than be a businessman and on y care what u will earn from this..
    feels good to be a fan .and not a cashier in a bank

Yep - frustrating isn't it. I have to say that for a band who are so focused on the fan experience etc (for which i'm super grateful), the whole way the merch operates is madness to me. I would love a Rome poster, i went to the show (from the UK) and it was great - but me having to pay a flipper $700 for a $30 poster so I have a memento is just beyond crazy. Surely offering guaranteed poster availability to a ticket holder isn't an impossibility - even if it's after the fact. I'd happily pay now for them to do a new print run and send them in 3/6/9 month's time. There has to be a better way........

I was at London 1 this summer and there were posters on ebay for £200 at 3pm the day of the show. That's an unacceptable situation in my opinion.
    I went to the Padova and Rome show to introduce the band and what you experience at the shows to my fiancée. We tried to get a Poster, event shirt, sticker and pin for these two shows. In Padova everything went easy as long as you where there at noon to pick up your tickets and get to the merch booth. In Rome we had zero chance to get the beautiful Emek poster which she wanted to have cause she could relate to the theme Emek created. We could not even get a damned sticker. The merch run was absolutely crazy and we were really disappointed seeing several so called "fans" running to the bus with 4 poster tubes to bring their prey back to the hotel. Besided that she really loved the concert and I can proudly say that she is now a PJ fan and wants to go on tour when ever they come back to Europe...

No Rome poster on show day but then something absolutely amazing happened. An italian friend messaged me that he has an extra Rome Poster and he is willing to give it to me face value plus shipping! You can't image how overwhelmed I was seeing this generosity. He could easily sell it for € 400 on ebay but instead he chose to help us. You know who you are and I will 100% return this amazing favor... :)

Last thing I want to say...It's horrible that you have to be at the venue 8 hours before the show just to get a chance to buy a sticker/pin and poster. We are all visiting cities we have never been before and in my opinion we should not be forced to spend the whole day at the venue to get a few "souvenirs"..
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344
    Man the skull thing is so overused.  Guess it’s cooler than a live head in a helmet though.  Although they could have done a gory severed head I suppose.
    I agree, I'm anti-skull as well, which makes it easy to walk past a lot of merchandise.
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,585
    +1
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344
    edited August 2018
    RW8297 said:
    +1
    I've made some barter trades with community members for posters. 'Never sold a poster, concert memorbilia, or music for profit. It feels like the frequency of people selling any of the aforementioned items for profit has been on the rise here the past 5 years.  I'd say it's peaked over the past 3 years. 'Disappointing indeed, as it's not a community building practice in my opinion. Enjoy the shows everyone.
    Post edited by BF89905 on
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,828
    I agree wholeheartedly. Wasn’t there a time when that was frowned upon and they just did their dirt on eBay? As recently as 3 years ago I was buying posters on lost dogs at great prices from other members. That’s doesn’t happen anymore.
  • Options
    It’d be nice to get some rehearsal footage or maybe some pics of the band before these shows? You know, to hype us up even more about the actual concert instead of buttons?  Instead we get 100 merch teases. Just seems odd to me 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I agree wholeheartedly. Wasn’t there a time when that was frowned upon and they just did their dirt on eBay? As recently as 3 years ago I was buying posters on lost dogs at great prices from other members. That’s doesn’t happen anymore.
    Espresso beans is just as bad. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    I’ve been around this band for awhile and have traveled to see them since ‘94. I pick cities I want to go to, enjoy my time there and go see my favorite band. Didn’t line up in ‘03 when there were “blocks”, don’t line up for GA, and sure as fuck won’t line up for merch. I go for the music.
    The most disheartening thing about this band right now is the fans. All the craziness with merch, the rail, etc...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    jdopj said:
    I’ve been around this band for awhile and have traveled to see them since ‘94. I pick cities I want to go to, enjoy my time there and go see my favorite band. Didn’t line up in ‘03 when there were “blocks”, don’t line up for GA, and sure as fuck won’t line up for merch. I go for the music.
    The most disheartening thing about this band right now is the fans. All the craziness with merch, the rail, etc...
    Couldn't agree more, well said.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,089
    nicknyr15 said:
    If you're selling cheap, you better know who you're selling to. People will turn around and flip that, too. Learned that the hard way.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Disagree.  No one is selling valuable posters for $35 anywhere.  i always see the best prices on here from a lot of folks.  The whole point of that forum is to sell and trade and most people take care of eachother. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    Disagree.  No one is selling valuable posters for $35 anywhere.  i always see the best prices on here from a lot of folks.  The whole point of that forum is to sell and trade and most people take care of eachother. 
    Agreed.  Also... That forum moderates itself pretty well.  If someone is blantantly flipping it gets called out pretty quick. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Oh look, more baseball cards lol

The PJ baseball theme is WAY played out

Wake me up for the only merch that matters, posters
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    If you're selling cheap, you better know who you're selling to. People will turn around and flip that, too. Learned that the hard way.
    This is also very true. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Agreed.  Also... That forum moderates itself pretty well.  If someone is blantantly flipping it gets called out pretty quick. 
    Buy a poster for $35sell it a couple of weeks later for 10 times the price. Of course its flipping. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    edited August 2018
    Kearn5y said:
    on2legs said:
    Buy a poster for $35sell it a couple of weeks later for 10 times the price. Of course its flipping. 
    I’m good with that as long as the seller only bought one poster.... that’s not flipping to me.  Everyone is entitled to buy one poster and to do what they please with it.... frame it, sell it, or burn it.  My issue is with people who buy multiples.  That prevents someone else from getting their one poster. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited August 2018
    hihobibo said:
    JP218404 said:
    A 10C ticket lottery winner bundle would be best IMO.  ya win the lottery you get  to buy the unique show shirt and poster only.  works better for a full tour rather than the stadium shows but still would help. my guess is some people would still line up and flip but at least you can get those items easier if you choose to.  I bet we are all willing to pay a little extra for this type of option too.
    But then you'd get flippers willing to forfeit the cost of one ticket in order to makeup their loss by transfer /selling the other ticket and flipping the pre sale merch. Nothing will work until everything is mass produced to take away the limited nature of the items. 
    Hey I’m just trying to think of a way that people who want that can get it problem free. Of course there will be issues but at least a good group of fans will get takin care of
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    my2hands said:

Posters for me only really matter too. I’m glad the Montana show isn’t at a baseball statdium.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    my2hands said:

Maybe next tour they play in a hockey arena here in Canada and release PJ hockey theme cards. Now that would be exciting! 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    Went to see phish the other day and I know not everyone likes them or their music but that’s not why I’m writing this.

your opinion aside, it was such a great experience to not have a bunch of bros standing in line going crazy for
    merch or standing in line causing drama for GA space.  Everyone went right in, people were amazingly friendly and happy.  There was no line for merch anywhere and people just danced and laughed around the place the whole night.  It was great.  Such less drama and bs.  Way better vibe than a lot of the recent PJ experiences I’ve had.  I have always loved PJ and the music, but the fans and merch make it a bit hard to love.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

• Options
    Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 168
    edited August 2018
    demetrios said:

Uh.. why is it in Seahawks colors and has a baseball on the side? Horrible attention to detail, drives me nuts just like the baseball cards on old basketball card scheme. Come on dudes.

Good news is, this'll save me money, no way I'd buy that hat, it would drive me batty. (I'm only slightly OCD.)
    Post edited by Given2Fly on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,089
    I, too, think the baseball cards are tired and would strongly encourage people not to buy them and please send all leftover stock to me as I will deal with it properly
This discussion has been closed.