Tour VS New Album

2»

Comments

• Staney12Staney12 Posts: 43
    A new double album plus tour:)
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    A new album would mean more touring anyway.. So I'd say a new album..! 
    Only 2 releases since 2006 is kind of crazy
    2 more than Tool, at least.
  • CahootsCahoots Posts: 140
    edited July 2018
    Huh.  I didn't expect that so many fans were unfavourable to the last two records.   As for the comments about Cant Deny Me, it would have made an ok B Side or even a Lost Dog.  I certainly don't hate it but then again I don't play it.

Anyhow I like the idea of a double album (posted earlier), to improve on that, lets make it a double concept album.

Also (weirdly) I kinda like the idea of them calling it quits and capping the run.  Ending it all with a graceful "thank you, goodnight"

Post edited by Cahoots on
    Cahoots

1992 VAN
    1993 VAN
    1998 Missoula
    2000 Barcelona & Boise
    2002 SEA 2x
    2003 VAN
    2005 VAN, Calgary, Edmonton & Saskatoon
    2006 The Gorge
    2009 SEA & VAN
    2011 VAN
    2013 Portland & VAN
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Missoula
  • edited July 2018
    My hope is a PJ show in California sometime in 2019. I'd also take a new PJ album any time. It seems odd a band so inspired by Neil Young (who puts out new material every year it seems), isn't constantly writing and recording new music. It may be a shocker to us Faithfull fans - but some bands do stop making new albums and only tour. The Grateful Dead were a perfect example of this. However, to the contrary, bands like Yes, Dave Matthews Band and Tom Petty (R.I.P.) are still putting out new material AND touring. Hell, even the Rolling Stones put out a blues cover album a couple of years back. Which camp is PJ in...? Hopefully we'll find out more in 2019.
    Post edited by thispureamericanriot on
  • JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    I'm dying for new music!! As much as I'm looking forward to going to Boston I want new music from this band! 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    I never really expected PJ to be immune to what we saw happen to pretty much every other rock bands that managed to have their careers go this long.  Not many rock bands put out their best work when they're a quarter century in.   We all saw it in all the older bands we followed when PJ was still new.   It happens.

A new album would be sweet, but shows are great too.  As long as we get one or the other I'm happy.    I feel pretty lucky that the band that's been my favourite since I was 14, is the one that's still out there playing amazing shows.  So many other bands didn't make it this long.    I already feel like I got my fair share, and now we're in bonus time.