SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE UPCOMING 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF....INDIO 1993/SHOE THE SHOELESS!

Back when bootleg videos were the thing, this was one of those shows that really made this band seem "kick ass" to me.  Was anyone on this board there live?  How was the experience?  How was the setlist live?  It's probably not the most epic or memorable live PJ show of the 90's, but it's in the conversation, especially amongst hardcores who saw the bootleg for the first time, whether it was in their college dorm room or in their man cave.

Let's chat about one of the most memorable live shows of the 1990's:  Pearl Jam at Indio, CA (Shoe the Shoeless/F me in the Brain).  It's too bad Wash and Alone were soundchecked but not played.  

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/1993/empire-polo-grounds-indio-ca-3bd65ce8.html

Comments

• KS1695KS1695 Posts: 30
    I was there! It was my first PJ show. The throwing of shoes was nutso. But this show did lock me in as a fan for life.
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
    edited July 2018
    I am totally envious of you.  That show is epic.  Other than Atlanta, 1994, I don't know what other live PJ show of the 90's that I'd would have wanted to have been at more other than maybe their Off the Ramp debut.  Was, in fact Ed and Jeff waiting by the gates to check on who was barefoot? LOL.   Thanks for sharing.
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Posts: 810
    YES! SHOE THE SHOELESS!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    Contributor & Patron - liveon4legs.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10 | 2024: Vegas 5/16-&-18, Indy? Wrigley 2?

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • KS1695KS1695 Posts: 30
    I am totally envious of you.  That show is epic.  Other than Atlanta, 1994, I don't know what other live PJ show of the 90's that I'd would have wanted to have been at more other than maybe their Off the Ramp debut.  Was, in fact Ed and Jeff waiting by the gates to check on who was barefoot? LOL.   Thanks for sharing.
    LOL, I still had both my shoes on, so they let me pass j/k....Thanks for taking me back down memory lane. I still have my fave PJ thermal shirt I bought at that concert. I might have to pack it for when I head up to Seattle next month!
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Great show would have loved to be there, still there are probably at least a dozen shows from the fall 93 spring 94 Vs tour that are just as good.

Just of the top of my head 10.31, 11.12, 11.17, 12.8, 3.13, 3.14, 3.29, 4.3, 4.6, 4.7, 4.12, 4.17
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,141
    "Let's see some balls.  I need some shorts."
  • "Let's see some balls.  I need some shorts."
    LOL that's awesome.  I remember when he caught an article of clothing and it was like the perfect timing of when he (Ed) reached out his hand.
  • KS1695 said:
    LOL, I still had both my shoes on, so they let me pass j/k....Thanks for taking me back down memory lane. I still have my fave PJ thermal shirt I bought at that concert. I might have to pack it for when I head up to Seattle next month!
    you need to take that thermal to Seattle.  It's 25 years old!  Nice.
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Posts: 810
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    Contributor & Patron - liveon4legs.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10 | 2024: Vegas 5/16-&-18, Indy? Wrigley 2?

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris