Post Seattle Shows Soccer/Football

AKmattAKmatt Posts: 35
The latest 10C Newsletter had discounts for the Sounders/FC Dallas game on the Clink on 8/12.  Not to start a Cascadia Rivalry battle on this board, but the Timbers are playing the Whitecaps in a rivalry match at Providence Park in Portland on the evening of Saturday, 8/11.  As a season ticket holder in the Timbers Army, I'll be driving down the Saturday morning after the Friday show.  I'd be happy to offer anyone a ride down to Portland for anyone who wants the (cough...better) football experience after the shows.  I can't get you back to Seattle after the game because I live east of Portland, but there is the Bolt Bus or Cascade Express.  Any out of towners that really want the full experience could probably make both games, since the Seattle game isn't until late Sunday afternoon.

For any international friends coming into town that are footy fans, these two teams seriously offer the best of the American soccer experience, and the stadiums are vastly different (Portland have the smaller, more intimate older stadium and Seattle with the massive, modern stadium).  The timing is really perfect for these two games with the shows.

Comments

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    ATL United > Timbers

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• AKmattAKmatt Posts: 35
    Which United is that?  There are so many these days, it is hard to keep track.  

Sarcasm aside, it is actually pretty cool to see the support AU has achieved in its short history.  I lived in Atlanta through middle school, high school, and college (Georgia Tech), before moving to Oregon for law school.  I attended many empty stadiums/arenas with the Braves and Thrashers (though Knights games were more fun).  Last year, when AU was playing at Bobby Dodd, I was really hoping the Timbers would get an away game there, so I could fly down for it.  Alas, we didn't get a game down there until they already moved.  I have a friend in Atlanta that just came up here last weekend and he insisted on going to one of our games while he was here.  The atmosphere of the Atlanta games got him on board the MLS train, and I am sure there are plenty like him down there these past two years.  Hell, I wasn't much of a soccer fan until I went to my first Timbers game in 2012.  I would like to make an away game down to Atlanta one of these days, but we only go down there every other season.  Maybe I'll get lucky in two years and Pearl Jam will play a show at whatever corporate sponsor is on Lakewood Amphitheater these days the same week as a game.

And Almiron has not taken Diego Valeri's crown as best #10 in MLS, yet.  Valeri has a MLS Cup and MVP trophy to his name.  He's the reason I went with the Argentina PJ kit.  Figured I could get away with that one in the Timbers Army.
    AKmatt said:

Sarcasm aside, it is actually pretty cool to see the support AU has achieved in its short history.  I lived in Atlanta through middle school, high school, and college (Georgia Tech), before moving to Oregon for law school.  I attended many empty stadiums/arenas with the Braves and Thrashers (though Knights games were more fun).  Last year, when AU was playing at Bobby Dodd, I was really hoping the Timbers would get an away game there, so I could fly down for it.  Alas, we didn't get a game down there until they already moved.  I have a friend in Atlanta that just came up here last weekend and he insisted on going to one of our games while he was here.  The atmosphere of the Atlanta games got him on board the MLS train, and I am sure there are plenty like him down there these past two years.  Hell, I wasn't much of a soccer fan until I went to my first Timbers game in 2012.  I would like to make an away game down to Atlanta one of these days, but we only go down there every other season.  Maybe I'll get lucky in two years and Pearl Jam will play a show at whatever corporate sponsor is on Lakewood Amphitheater these days the same week as a game.

And Almiron has not taken Diego Valeri's crown as best #10 in MLS, yet.  Valeri has a MLS Cup and MVP trophy to his name.  He's the reason I went with the Argentina PJ kit.  Figured I could get away with that one in the Timbers Army.

Right On. Timbers fan base is insane. We are trying for that in ATL. I too grew up going to an empty Fulton Co. Stadium so it was awesome to see all the fans coming out to support the AU. I would love to go to a Timbers home game someday.

PS: I think it is called Aaron's Lakewood Amphitheatre nowadays.   :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• AKmattAKmatt Posts: 35
    Shoot me a PM if you are ever in Portland, and I'll find you a ticket.  
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    AKmatt said:

There is only one United!

;) 
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
    AKmatt said:
    Shoot me a PM if you are ever in Portland, and I'll find you a ticket.  

Thanks man!!! that's nice of ya!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore