Away show posters

Curious if there will be any poster pre-sale for the away shows? If not, will they be available via Ten Club?

Comments

• bshanerbshaner Posts: 15
    man, i hope there are some available on here for members at a reasonable price...or somehow still available during the show.  i'm heading to wrigley night 1 but 1) won't be in town until early afternoon, and 2) won't wait in line for several hours just to get a poster.  this show is 20 years to the day since my first pj show and i'd love to get this one to frame and hang by the poster from that show.  
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,216
    edited July 2018
    Im flying up to Chicago that Friday morning before the Wrigley shows and headed straight to the merch line. Hopefully get all my merch shopping taken care of then. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Last time we went to Wrigley, we got there and immediately jumped in line for posters. After about 2 hours and moving maybe 100 feet, I got bored with it and left the line. My buddy ended up staying and got posters for me. I ended up with 2 and still haven't gotten around to framing them yet. I'd love a pre-order option because standing in line for hours in August heat isn't my idea of fun, but we'll see what happens.

Didn't they have posters for sale along with the merch a couple of days before the show anyways? I might have to have a Chicago friend swing down and grab something if that's the case.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,674
    I really wish this was the case.  There is no way in hell I want to spend a day or 2 out waiting in a line.  I would love to get the posters from these shows, but refuse to do the line garbage 
    (nor will I enter a raffle or buy from a flipper)
  • I don't blame you. I live only a few hours from Chicago and have been there a million times before, so I don't feel obligated to explore the city. I just don't want to stand out in the heat for a poster I may or may not even really be that into or the chance that what I DO want is sold out.

They were being sold inside anyways if I recall. And I believe they even brought out more for day 2. And aren't some still for sale in the web store currently?

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I don't blame you. I live only a few hours from Chicago and have been there a million times before, so I don't feel obligated to explore the city. I just don't want to stand out in the heat for a poster I may or may not even really be that into or the chance that what I DO want is sold out.

They were being sold inside anyways if I recall. And I believe they even brought out more for day 2. And aren't some still for sale in the web store currently?
    There were tons of posters in 2016. They were sold outside a couple day ahead of time at the temporary merch stand, inside the venue, and outside the next day. Then later on here.  I'm assuming it will be the same way this time. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    edited July 2018
    I don't blame you. I live only a few hours from Chicago and have been there a million times before, so I don't feel obligated to explore the city. I just don't want to stand out in the heat for a poster I may or may not even really be that into or the chance that what I DO want is sold out.

Some of the Boston 16 posters are still available.....none of the Wrigley 16 posters are.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Rumours are they made adjustments this year for the Euro tour due to the lacking sales of 2014 and 2012. With the not so hot Wrigley's and Fenway's of 2016 posters not selling out I wonder if more adjustments are coming. If not you will have no issues getting a poster if you are not picky.
  • jtgreenjtgreen Posts: 75
    Yep! I got to Wrigley around 2 on night 1 in 2016, skipped the merch lines for food and some drinks. Got inside relatively quickly and got everything I wanted at a booth inside. There were at least 4 booths inside that night. A couple of the Wrigley ones were in the store recently but it looks like they're gone now. I don't think the Klausen one ever showed up there though.

I live a few hours from the city so I also don't really feel the need to explore. I have a few friends who live close to wrigley so I plan on going up Friday and meeting up for drinks. If the lines don't look terrible Friday morning, I'll jump in one so I can spend Saturday doing whatever. Otherwise I'll just grab what I want Saturday night. 
    Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest.
  • I waited in the outside tent merch line for quite a while after night 1 to get a shirt. When they handed it to me it had wet spots but I didn't think much of it. Got to the hotel and when I had lights on, I could see where the wet spots were, there were stains! Looked like something blue bled onto the cream shirt and dyed it. LUCKILY they let me swap it out when I went back for night 2 but I had to wait in the long ass line again just to exchange it. Then I ended up with the same design in the mystery box, haha.

After night 1, we just stopped by a booth inside for the hell of it but most things seemed to be sold out or at least sold out of our sizes. I regret not even bothering to get stickers or anything, now I wish I could get my hands on them for a fair price.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• I just hope they just do 1 poster for each night.  4-6 posters for a single show or two night stand is a bit much IMO.
    107 Shows and counting
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    I just hope they just do 1 poster for each night.  4-6 posters for a single show or two night stand is a bit much IMO.
    Yep
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    I just hope they just do 1 poster for each night.  4-6 posters for a single show or two night stand is a bit much IMO.
    This ^. Expecting at least 4 per city though.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,674
    This ^. Expecting at least 4 per city though.
    plus variants
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    There's no way they'll keep it to 1 poster per city.  You have to assume they have artists lined up who want to do it, and they won't have any issue selling them.  I'd say 3 each is a safe bet.  
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,466
    At least 4 each like last time, with 1 at each being the clear winner which will be impossible to get without standing on a lot of lines and buying other merch. This is how they answer the "I want a momento of the show" question while still making bank on merch.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,452
    10 for seattle

because, charity
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016