I love this band so much..

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
Especially when I'm at the show. And see what song they skip!! Love how they fuck with my head.. Best band of all times!! 
Come on Barcelona..!!! 

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    We do too, Dimi. We do too. Enjoy your tour! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    what did they skip?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Wow, they scratched Ghost, Deep, 1/2 Full and YL Can't tell what the other song was.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • I hope they play Ghost in Barcelona! 
    84/2401/236
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    We all know you are just there for the merch :wink:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    I hope they play Ghost in Barcelona! 

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    We all know you are just there for the merch :wink:
    The only connection of me with merch this tour is that i met and chat with Santos.. Hahhaa
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    tbergs said:
    Wow, they scratched Ghost, Deep, 1/2 Full and YL Can't tell what the other song was.
    L bolt?
  • Still on my way back (home), after a beautiful weekend again with best friends, after another perfect summer holiday around Pearl Jam on tour in Europe!
    I love this band so much, too :) 
    ... for Eddies voice (I truly like what he speaks out loud during the shows - ps: yes, thanks also Sea for the perfect sum up)
    ... for each individual of this fantastic group, who is just Genius on his chosen Instrument!!!
    ... for this wonderful music and this intense energy grown out of it whenever played live!

So these postive vibes are still around me and that is feeling just good :) ...  
    So, wishing the lucky ones who are still seeing shows a great end of the tour!!!
    I need to thank them already and again for this years great tour and my 2 super gigs Rome&Berlin <3 

and ps2: thanks for the nice post...
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

I normally would try to hit 7-10 shows a tour, but by August of 2016 I was pretty burned out on Pearl Jam shows.  For this year I "limited" myself to three shows in Europe and one show in the U.S. and thought that may even be too many.

Well, I was wrong.  I could not have enjoyed the three shows in Europe more.  I even enjoyed Alive, Jeremy, and Corduroy again (sorry Just Breath - never).  It was a little sad to fly home from Krakow knowing the band and my friends were continuing on.

Thanks Pearl Jam for helping me see the world and still playing out of your minds and mixing up the sets after all of these years.  I am 37 now and it is fun to think back to my 14 year old self delivering newspapers every morning listening to my PJ mix tape on my Sony Walkman.  Had no idea at the time I would eventually see the band all over the world.   Would have blown my mind. 

• PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247

I normally would try to hit 7-10 shows a tour, but by August of 2016 I was pretty burned out on Pearl Jam shows.  For this year I "limited" myself to three shows in Europe and one show in the U.S. and thought that may even be too many.

Well, I was wrong.  I could not have enjoyed the three shows in Europe more.  I even enjoyed Alive, Jeremy, and Corduroy again (sorry Just Breath - never).  It was a little sad to fly home from Krakow knowing the band and my friends were continuing on.

Thanks Pearl Jam for helping me see the world and still playing out of your minds and mixing up the sets after all of these years.  I am 37 now and it is fun to think back to my 14 year old self delivering newspapers every morning listening to my PJ mix tape on my Sony Walkman.  Had no idea at the time I would eventually see the band all over the world.   Would have blown my mind. 

Maybe 3-4 shows per tour is the magic number to always want more (which is better than feeling burnt out)

Btw imagine being the boys, having to go out there every single night and make it special.. I just don't know how they do it..! They truly are a special band

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

Maybe 3-4 shows per tour is the magic number to always want more (which is better than feeling burnt out)

Btw imagine being the boys, having to go out there every single night and make it special.. I just don't know how they do it..! They truly are a special band

For sure.  I'm going to add Wrigley though now. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

For sure.  I'm going to add Wrigley though now. 
    3-5 shows per tour is perfect. I found myself burnt out after anymore than that. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714

Probably part of the reason why the mix up the setlist. Just by watching interviews, and in a way getting to understand their personalities by their interests, the way they talk, these guys could not play the same set of just hits every night.