Options

this jammed me evenflow

August stormAugust storm Posts: 186
evenflow

this song really brings me back this is one of my favorite songs, i remeber the first time i heard it i said wow, what the hell did he just say:) lol i had to sit back smoke a bowl and listen to thisone again and again..............funny thing is this song reminds me of my dad, to me the words are screaming survival ! i have never been one to totally try to figure out what a song meant to the person who wrote it, songs have to many different doorways...but anyway the part about resting his head on a pillow made of concrete again...and looking through the paper though he doesnt know how to read well my dad is or was illiterate when i was growing up couldnt read or write.. he always made sure i was taken care of though all by hiself! i remeber once we were driving from texas back to california , we had been living in texas for a year or two. well on the way back to california we got into a car accident and i busted my head wide open on the dashboard and almost bled to death. during the accident we went off an embankment down a hill and hit a fence down at the bottom,my dad carried me all the way up this hill ,he had injured his arm and feared the car was gonna catch fire. when we got to the top of the hill he said he just started walking with me trying to find help, after some time went by a truck pulled up with a bunch of guys who spoke no english. they seen that i was bleeding really bad and i was starting to try to fall asleep, so they rushed me to the hospital which was almost an hour away. my last memories was my dad telling me " baby please dont go to sleep keep talking to daddy" then i remember us arriving at the hospital and the last thing i seen was a needle moving towards my eye and my dad crying really bad, i had lost so much blood, and my head was so torn up at that point im not sure my dad thought i was gonna make it. for some reason this reminds me of that time in my life, and how my daddy is and always will be my hero, and how he found a few perfect strangers who were willing to help!

feel free to share
peace
whats good for the goose is good for the gander