Options

TONIGHT’S LONDON SHOW POSTPONED

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,597
    Look i took my kids today for their first show. Yeah lots of excitement  has now turned to emptiness.  But I know the next rescheduled show may well be the show  of our lives let alone theirs .  Life goes on and life is painful. But just sometimes things have a habit of coming right. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Put this in perspective . Many have lost hundreds  of pounds and many have many miles to travel and pay for. But nobody died 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Sandy66Sandy66 Queensland, Australia Posts: 226
    I have travelled from Australia for this tour, 7 shows to be exact and yes I am devastated about tonight and dreading an announcement that more will be cancelled! But I have seen them twice in Amsterdam and London 1, I have never been to Europe before so whilst I will be very upset if more are cancelled, I am getting to see some amazing places because of my love for this band. I hope that it is nothing too serious and Eddie and the band continue to encourage us fans to see the world with their amazing live shows.
    BDO, Melbourne, 2014.   EV Solo, Melbourne, 2014.   Memphis, 2014.   Detroit, 2014.   St Paul, 2014.  Global Citizens Festival, NYC, 2015.   Columbia, 2016.   Jazz Fest, New Orleans, 2016.   Philly 1 & 2, 2016.   MSG 1 & 2, New York, 2016.  Ottawa, 2016.   Toronto 1, 2016.  Amsterdam 1 & 2, 2018.  London 1, 2018.  Padova, 2018.  Rome, 2018.  Prague, 2018.
  • Options
    Sandy66 said:
    I have travelled from Australia for this tour, 7 shows to be exact and yes I am devastated about tonight and dreading an announcement that more will be cancelled! But I have seen them twice in Amsterdam and London 1, I have never been to Europe before so whilst I will be very upset if more are cancelled, I am getting to see some amazing places because of my love for this band. I hope that it is nothing too serious and Eddie and the band continue to encourage us fans to see the world with their amazing live shows.
    This .. big love
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    TremormanTremorman Posts: 382
    Tremorman said:
    Tough break for all involved, hope Ed feels better!  Band has had some bad luck the last few tours with 3 cancellations (Raleigh  '16, Lollapolooza Argentina '18, London '18)
    I wouldn’t call Raleigh bad luck. Except for the fans.
    The HB2 bill was passed by NC long after the tour was scheduled, that is bad luck.
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    I'm sorry for those who are sad now. The band is sure to be devastated and it drives Ed crazy to cancel the show today.
    I'm just wondering if three days are really enough to recover. He should take no risk.

Become healthy Eddie and to all London travellers, I hope you can come back in mid July! 
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Tremorman said:
    Tremorman said:
    Tough break for all involved, hope Ed feels better!  Band has had some bad luck the last few tours with 3 cancellations (Raleigh  '16, Lollapolooza Argentina '18, London '18)
    I wouldn’t call Raleigh bad luck. Except for the fans.
    The HB2 bill was passed by NC long after the tour was scheduled, that is bad luck.

look on the bright side. at least they will make up the London show.

no way that will ever happen with Raleigh.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,815
    kce8 said:
    I'm sorry for those who are sad now. The band is sure to be devastated and it drives Ed crazy to cancel the show today.
    I'm just wondering if three days are really enough to recover. He should take no risk.

Become healthy Eddie and to all London travellers, I hope you can come back in mid July! 
     Fingers crossed that the Dr. told him 3 days because it's not a chronic issue. 
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    kce8 said:

Fingers crossed that the Dr. told him 3 days because it's not a chronic issue. 
    Yeah but if it's the flu you can imagine he would feel sick for more than tree days. It's not really a lazy job what he is doing at nights in an arena… ;)
  • Options
    tidus10xtidus10x UK Posts: 120
    TBH anyone who was there last night can’t really be that surprised.  Ed battled like a trouper and the guys gave us a good show. But when he thanked everyone at the end you could tell his voice was shot. Just hope it hasn't done any permanent damage.  It must as hard for the band and crew as it is for those disappointed and who may have travelled great distances to be there.  Get well soon Eddie.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    "Absolutely gutted and devastated" is what I keep reading about tonight's show.  I'm sure that is how Puerto Rico still feels.  #FirstWorldProblems
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,799
    deadendp said:
    "Absolutely gutted and devastated" is what I keep reading about tonight's show.  I'm sure that is how Puerto Rico still feels.  #FirstWorldProblems
    Good perspective. 
    Or kids who are detained in AZ, TX, CA, etc.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    Good perspective. 
    Or kids who are detained in AZ, TX, CA, etc.

and FL.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    FMe and Lolo,

True.  Thank you for adding in.  A lil perspective is helpful sometimes.  

Get better, Ed!  
  • Options
    SunshinejarSunshinejar Wales Posts: 53
    Hope you get better soon Eddie love! I’m so sad for everyone missing out tonight but I a part of me is filled with light , me and my partner spent 600 pound on tickets and travel and due to unforeseen circumstances we were unable to make it London for both shows.. we were devastated and have lost lots of tears as it was out of our control, to find out the show has been rescheduled means we can come!!! We thought the dream was over and it’s not! ❤️ I can’t wait until mid July!!!
  • Options
    Hope you get better soon Eddie love! I’m so sad for everyone missing out tonight but I a part of me is filled with light , me and my partner spent 600 pound on tickets and travel and due to unforeseen circumstances we were unable to make it London for both shows.. we were devastated and have lost lots of tears as it was out of our control, to find out the show has been rescheduled means we can come!!! We thought the dream was over and it’s not! ❤️ I can’t wait until mid July!!!
    So good to hear it's turning out to be good for a few people then! I hope for your happy comment after the show in July! 
    Good luck!
  • Options
    dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    edited June 2018
    Let people vent their dissapointment. Of course there are far worse things. The four years long wait drove us Europeans mad, this doesn't help :D 
    I'm preparing for the worst. He has been struggling since second AMS night and few days of rest after Pinkpop didn't help. I don't think this will be enough but let's hope for the best.
    Post edited by dresi_4 on
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Options
    Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Gutted, but we are feeling lucky, seeing 2 nights already.  Off to see a tribute band instead. Making the best of a disappointing day.
  • Options
    Gutted, but we are feeling lucky, seeing 2 nights already.  Off to see a tribute band instead. Making the best of a disappointing day.

request "Otherside" for me.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    deadendp said:
    you know what false equivalency is? I guess you never get upset about anything in your life, ever, because, you know, Puerto Rico. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,154
    deadendp said:
    you know what false equivalency is? I guess you never get upset about anything in your life, ever, because, you know, Puerto Rico. 
    Exactly
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I am sending out healing vibes, virtual hot tea, and hugs to Ed.  I am positive that this decision was not made lightly by the team and was only made out of necessity.

To all the fans who may miss shows I am sending you hugs as well. I have been in the shoes of fans that have traveled long distances, invested a large sum of money and had an unexpected cancellation. It is hideous and gut wrenching. In the end, we made the most of being with friends and enjoying our location. I hope that those that have traveled can find enough peace to be able to make beautiful memories.

Hopefully the band/team can come up with something special for the cancelled London gig. Maybe a special designed poster for each person that bought tickets? Though they too, are already very much at a financial loss from having to cancel the performance.

• Options
    deadendp said:
    I'm thinking that you didn't read close enough.  Perspective not false equivalency, but not surprised you came out to play and attack me. I could say the sky is blue and you would bitch at me about it.  

I get it that people are disappointed.  Yes, people spent a lot of money. I get being sad about it.  
    However, take in the sights and see stuff!

Thankful this is a temporary condition.  That's all I was saying. Sadly, there are people impacted by situations beyond their control that aren't just a temporary thing.  My point was, just think about that, too.  
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 325
    I'm not bothered  because  my heart is with all my fellow fans that travelled form 4 corners of the earth
     I saw so many trying to  get last min flight at extra cost or who l knows what. These are my dear friends and nobody moaned. Venue e
    Security  said to us
     I have never seen fans of any band react like this with no anger . That s testament  to all of us good folk. I had a panic attack last night and I was crying like a baby. And people from all over the world saved me and I had a gig I will never forget . Nobody was angry all sad but humble. Good work 10c people. My kind ..(mostly
    I was just saying the same thing to my wife - we are here from New York and have spoken with others who came from all over and we all wish there was a show tonight, but totally understand.  It was easy to see that Ed was struggling last night.  They would be playing if the could and I was very happy to see the best band in the land for at least one night.
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    I'm thinking that you didn't read close enough.  Perspective not false equivalency, but not surprised you came out to play and attack me. I could say the sky is blue and you would bitch at me about it.  

I get it that people are disappointed.  Yes, people spent a lot of money. I get being sad about it.  

Thankful this is a temporary condition.  That's all I was saying. Sadly, there are people impacted by situations beyond their control that aren't just a temporary thing.  My point was, just think about that, too.  
    I recognize your handle, but no idea what you mean by "...you would bitch at me about it" comment. and that's an attack? yikes. 

I get having a positive attitude about things, but people are allowed to be disappointed, regardless of what is going on in the world. minimizing someone's issue just because "it could always be worse" isn't helpful. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,799
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:

I recognize your handle, but no idea what you mean by "...you would bitch at me about it" comment. and that's an attack? yikes. 

I get having a positive attitude about things, but people are allowed to be disappointed, regardless of what is going on in the world. minimizing someone's issue just because "it could always be worse" isn't helpful. 
    I viewed the post as one trying to lend perspective.  I posted previously that people should absolutely be understood in feeling upset/angry today, and I also shared that I felt badly for them.  Nothing wrong with providing perspective.  Missing a concert is most assuredly a first world problem. 

We can note it that HFD finds this perspective lending to not be helpful. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:

I viewed the post as one trying to lend perspective.  I posted previously that people should absolutely be understood in feeling upset/angry today, and I also shared that I felt badly for them.  Nothing wrong with providing perspective.  Missing a concert is most assuredly a first world problem. 

We can note it that HFD finds this perspective lending to not be helpful. 
    oh please. you can lend perspective without speaking from your tower. using the hashtag first world problems is not "lending perspective". it's making fun of the people who are disappointed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    Come on Team PJ.  It's understandable to be pissed of and disappointed, but  let's not piss on each other.
  • Options
    Sandy66Sandy66 Queensland, Australia Posts: 226
    deadendp said:
    Really, so I'm not allowed to be upset about the concert being cancelled because of all the tragedy in the world, ok, I apologise for being so heartless 
    BDO, Melbourne, 2014.   EV Solo, Melbourne, 2014.   Memphis, 2014.   Detroit, 2014.   St Paul, 2014.  Global Citizens Festival, NYC, 2015.   Columbia, 2016.   Jazz Fest, New Orleans, 2016.   Philly 1 & 2, 2016.   MSG 1 & 2, New York, 2016.  Ottawa, 2016.   Toronto 1, 2016.  Amsterdam 1 & 2, 2018.  London 1, 2018.  Padova, 2018.  Rome, 2018.  Prague, 2018.
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    There is no way yeah can be ready by Friday. Postpone Italy shows and resume in Prague
This discussion has been closed.