Options

*** LONDON 1 SETLIST THREAD ***

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    webbowebbo London, UK Posts: 104
    EDDIE TALKED ABOUT GIVENTOLIVE AND THE WALKING CHARITY THEY DID
    I'm so glad he mentioned this!
    That was amazing! Someone threw a GTL London O2 tee onto the stage and Eddie draped it over his monitor and then went on to talk about Tom’s walk from Bristol to London. 
    My new Youtube channel - learn how to play every guitar part for every PJ song! https://www.youtube.com/letsplayall
    My tribute band's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pearljammband/
  • Options
    Back from the show. Crowd had great energy, ready and willing to go wherever the set list took them. Eddie's rough voice was only noticeable a couple of times. 

Venue made a mess of GA entry, forcing a bunch of us in the 10c GA line to bypass/merge with other 10c folks who'd been there longer .
  • Options
    presententspresentents Posts: 139
    I’ve seen PJ 15 times and I definitely noticed Eddie was struggling with the voice. He sang most parts of songs where he usually goes high, he went low, or anytime he had to push with his diaphragm he would break. All 4 other members regularly sang which is rare and I don’t believe that was a coincidence, it was to give fullness to the sound that Ed usually handles. The crowds energy tonight was great and the fact that the arena was killing the sing a longs made it for a still wonderful experience but to say it wasn’t noticed to me is a stretch. He made mention of seeing a throat doctor in the first half of the first set so clearly he’s dealing with something. That could also be why the sets are slightly shorter as well, that may also be a coincidence. Also, the set was great but didn’t have a lot of the high energy bangers and mostly the more mellow tunes, so if you’re hoping for Leash, Blood, or Evacuation I can almost guarantee you that won’t be happening anytime soon. I am very curious for tomorrow nights set.