MoPop Exhibit 10C Early Access

According to the announcement of the screening/exhibit, there was supposed to be a separate announcement about how to get early entrance to just the exhibit, before it opens to the public, for 10C members. Has anyone seen anything else about this?

“ADDITIONAL BENEFIT: The special Pearl Jam: Home & Away exhibit will be open to Ten Club Members for exclusive previews on Wednesday, August 8th and on Friday, August 10th (paid entrance to the museum required) before the public opening day on August 11th. An official Ten Club announcement on how to purchase admission will be made soon.”

*Rock and/or Roll!*

Comments

• iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    I was literally just talking to my gf about this, I dont want to miss out on this.
  • Still waiting...
    2000 Berlin
    2012 Berlin 1/ Berlin 2
    2014 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Berlin
    2017 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Amsterdam 3/ Antwerp (EV Solo Shows)
    2018 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Krakow/ Berlin/ Seattle 1/ Seattle 2
    2019 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Berlin/ Düsseldorf (EV Solo Shows)
    2022 Frankfurt
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,530
    I was hoping they would include the 9th.  I know there's the contest that day for the screening of night 1, and it includes the exhibit.    We have seahawks tickets so I didn't feel I should enter the contest.   We're going to go for the marvel exhibit anyways, so getting to see the pj one too, on the day off between shows, would be sweet.
  • Zod said:
    I was hoping they would include the 9th.  I know there's the contest that day for the screening of night 1, and it includes the exhibit.    We have seahawks tickets so I didn't feel I should enter the contest.   We're going to go for the marvel exhibit anyways, so getting to see the pj one too, on the day off between shows, would be sweet.
    Yeah, I’m actually debating two other events the night of the 9th, but would love to see the museum the day of either show. I didn’t want to  wait until Saturday the 11th because it’ll be crazy busy and it’s  the day we fly home. 
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • gus stillsgus stills Posts: 351
    If you're into comics at all, a former professor of mine at the UO is curating an exhibit there running concurrently on the Marvel universe. More bang for your buck if you make it down there for the PJ exhibit.
  • If you're into comics at all, a former professor of mine at the UO is curating an exhibit there running concurrently on the Marvel universe. More bang for your buck if you make it down there for the PJ exhibit.
    Someone else mentioned that to me, and we’re definitely interested! The museum itself was already on my list of things to check out while in town, so both exhibits are just added perks!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    If you have reserved tickets for either of the days I would recommend going on that day.

As for further news, expect to hear about the pre public August 8th and August 10th exhibit access on August 11... 

Ten club and PJ struggle with effective communication.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Posts: 614
    If you're into comics at all, a former professor of mine at the UO is curating an exhibit there running concurrently on the Marvel universe. More bang for your buck if you make it down there for the PJ exhibit.
    Someone else mentioned that to me, and we’re definitely interested! The museum itself was already on my list of things to check out while in town, so both exhibits are just added perks!
    You should definitely check it out. I'm not into comics at all, but even I was impressed. It's the largest exhibition we've ever had at MoPOP, and it's fantastic! Just to let you know, there is an $8 fee for the exhibit in addition to museum admission.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,531
    Hi Zelda, will the Marvel exhibit be open on the 9th during the 10C screening event? If I've overlooked this and it's posted somewhere obvious, sorry for asking, but I haven't found that information yet (have been really busy with work making sure things don't blow up while I'm away) Thanks very much, Matt
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    Hey, Matt! Thanks for reaching out. As far as I've been told, there will be minimal galleries open during the screening event to include Pearl Jam, Infinite Worlds of Science Fiction, Fantasty Worlds of Myth and Magic, and Scared to Death: The Thrill of Horror Film. I've been told that those are the only ones, so if you want to see the Marvel exhibition you would definitely want to see that during regular business hours that day. Other possible exhibitions we have that you might want to check out during regular hours would include Nirvana, Hendrix Wild Blue Angel, and Indie Game Revolution as well as Sound Lab and Holodome. Hope this helps out, and let me know if you have any other questions!
  • ZeldaZonk said:
    Hey, Matt! Thanks for reaching out. As far as I've been told, there will be minimal galleries open during the screening event to include Pearl Jam, Infinite Worlds of Science Fiction, Fantasty Worlds of Myth and Magic, and Scared to Death: The Thrill of Horror Film. I've been told that those are the only ones, so if you want to see the Marvel exhibition you would definitely want to see that during regular business hours that day. Other possible exhibitions we have that you might want to check out during regular hours would include Nirvana, Hendrix Wild Blue Angel, and Indie Game Revolution as well as Sound Lab and Holodome. Hope this helps out, and let me know if you have any other questions!
    Any recommendations on how long to give ourselves to check the whole place out if we’re going during the day on Wednesday or Friday, including the 10C stuff? 
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,531
    Awesome, thanks so much Zelda!!! Your insight on here is so greatly appreciated. You're like the cultural ambassador of Seattle on here!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • So I'm confused, are 10C members going to be able to see the Pearl Jam stuff Wednesday or Friday? 
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    So I'm confused, are 10C members going to be able to see the Pearl Jam stuff Wednesday or Friday? 
    Yes, but you need to purchase tickets for entry on those days: https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/mopop-pj-exhibit-ten-club-offer

If you won tickets in the 10c drawing for the August 9 screening event, your ticket also allows you entry to the PJ exhibit between 10am and 7pm, in addition to the screening. The link above has all the info.

It took me awhile to sift through all that too, figured I'd save someone the trouble :)

mwplum said:
    Awesome, thanks so much Zelda!!! Your insight on here is so greatly appreciated. You're like the cultural ambassador of Seattle on here!
    ha ha ha Thanks! I'm very happ to help and I'd gladly accept that title!  ;)
    flyerphan said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Any recommendations on how long to give ourselves to check the whole place out if we’re going during the day on Wednesday or Friday, including the 10C stuff? 
    I would plan on spending at least 3-4 hours (or longer) if you want to check out the entire museum in addition to the PJ gallery. Some people are the type to breeze through (which is totally fine), but then you find yourself rushing and not really getting to spend the time looking closely at the artifacts and really appreciating what is standing right in front of you. For example, Marvel is our biggest exhibition that we've ever had and it's in three different gallery spaces. Just to see everything in that exhibition is a good amount of time, and then you have all of the other exhibitions. Indie Games Revolution is basically a space dedicated to video games that visitors can actually play, so unless you're going to play the games that would be one you could easily breeze through or potentially skip. Sound Lab is where we have various instruments that visitors can play, so that's another one that you may or may not want to spend much time in, etc. Hope this helps you to get a good game plan in motion!
  • Dug1200Dug1200 Posts: 200
    edited August 2018
    ZeldaZonk said:
    flyerphan said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I would plan on spending at least 3-4 hours (or longer) if you want to check out the entire museum in addition to the PJ gallery. Some people are the type to breeze through (which is totally fine), but then you find yourself rushing and not really getting to spend the time looking closely at the artifacts and really appreciating what is standing right in front of you. For example, Marvel is our biggest exhibition that we've ever had and it's in three different gallery spaces. Just to see everything in that exhibition is a good amount of time, and then you have all of the other exhibitions. Indie Games Revolution is basically a space dedicated to video games that visitors can actually play, so unless you're going to play the games that would be one you could easily breeze through or potentially skip. Sound Lab is where we have various instruments that visitors can play, so that's another one that you may or may not want to spend much time in, etc. Hope this helps you to get a good game plan in motion!
    Do you know if the marvel exhibit is included w CityPass?

edit:  $8 extra with CityPass
    Post edited by Dug1200 on
    Yeah, unfortunately the upcharge still applies. It's a great exhibit, though. I'm not into Marvel and I was quite impressed.
  • Dug1200Dug1200 Posts: 200
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Yeah, unfortunately the upcharge still applies. It's a great exhibit, though. I'm not into Marvel and I was quite impressed.
    Thank you
    You are quite welcome. Hope you enjoy the galleries!