Options

UPDATE: JUST BREATHE and/or a FUCK ALS for Joel J.O.E.L. in Seattle or Missoula..

2»

Comments

• Options
    NanouNanou Posts: 191
    Bump for Joel.
  • Options
    I’m SO glad to read Oceans was played for Israel (RIP)  How many hearts were overjoyed to hear the dedication and the song? Thank you Pearl Jam! Please, JUST BREATHE and/or a #FUCKALS for Joel

#myheromyson #TeamJoelyD #cureALS
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    and a huge FUCK ALS!
  • Options
    Just Breathe for Joel and his mama.....
  • Options
  • Options
    I’m SO glad to read Oceans was played for Israel (RIP)  How many hearts were overjoyed to hear the dedication and the song? Thank you Pearl Jam! Please, JUST BREATHE and/or a #FUCKALS for Joel

#myheromyson #TeamJoelyD #cureALS
    I loved that they played Oceans for Israel.
  • Options
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited July 2018
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but it brought to mind a few instances from my own life the last year I thought were relevant.  

My mom passed away unexpectedly last Sept 1st from issues arising from Parkinson's. I already had a trip planned to see Eddie play solo at the Bourbon & Beyond Festival in Louisville a few weeks later and needed to still go, just to get my mind straight.  It happened to fall on my birthday, and Eddie had the whole crowd sing Happy Birthday to Bruce, who's birthday falls on the same day (the 23rd).  I completely broke down.  

Few weeks ago I finally got to see the whole band at the Mad Cool show in Madrid, and after a long lead in about love and what it means, they played Just Breathe, which was the 1st time I heard it since my mom's passing.  One of the most emotional few minutes of my life.  I was completely out of body for the whole song.  Truly cathartic.  I'll remember it for the rest of my life.

I will also be at the show in Missoula and would love to hear it again, for myself, and Joel, and anyone else that has lost someone recently.

Boston Night #1 would be the 1 year anniversary, plus one day anniversary of my mom's death, so that would be pretty great too.

Finally, I reconnected with a long lost college friend of mine a few weeks ago who told me one of our old friends was just diagnosed with ALS too, which is just horrendous.  

Play it for my friend Jeremy as well.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but it brought to mind a few instances from my own life the last year I thought were relevant.  

My mom passed away unexpectedly last Sept 1st from issues arising from Parkinson's. I already had a trip planned to see Eddie play solo at the Bourbon & Beyond Festival in Louisville a few weeks later and needed to still go, just to get my mind straight.  It happened to fall on my birthday, and Eddie had the whole crowd sing Happy Birthday to Bruce, who's birthday falls on the same day (the 23rd).  I completely broke down.  

Few weeks ago I finally got to see the whole band at the Mad Cool show in Madrid, and after a long lead in about love and what it means, they played Just Breathe, which was the 1st time I heard it since my mom's passing.  One of the most emotional few minutes of my life.  I was completely out of body for the whole song.  Truly cathartic.  I'll remember it for the rest of my life.

I will also be at the show in Missoula and would love to hear it again, for myself, and Joel, and anyone else that has lost someone recently.

Boston Night #1 would be the 1 year anniversary, plus one day anniversary of my mom's death, so that would be pretty great too.

Finally, I reconnected with a long lost college friend of mine a few weeks ago who told me one of our old friends was just diagnosed with ALS too, which is just horrendous.  

Play it for my friend Jeremy as well.
    Accept my condolences on your mom's passing, and I'm so sorry to hear about Jeremy. 

The first time I heard Just Breathe, it brought on a flood of tears, and every time after that too. I had it on replay and when it wasn't playing, I was singing it to Joel in my head. I know that if it's played, I'm going to be bawling like a baby.

Here's hoping they play Just Breathe for Joel and Jeremy......and FUCK ALS!
  • Options
    Ms.MoonshadowMs.Moonshadow Posts: 55
    edited July 2018
    Over on Official I had a giveaway, with the winners choosing from posters that I had. In order to enter, a picture with Eddie flipping the bird and a FUCK ALS for Joel had to be posted. It was hard to choose a winner because they were all great! I took all the pictures posted and put them together on a flag template. I wish I had done it sooner so that it could be printed in time to take to the shows. At this late hour, I don't think it could happen.

What do you think?

Post edited by Ms.Moonshadow on
  • Options
    I like it. How long would it take to make a flag?
  • Options
    Nanou said:
    I like it. How long would it take to make a flag?
    Luck seems to be on my side...hopefully a banner will be delivered today. Now, to wait and see if my request is heard and granted.

• Options
    Cool! Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Nanou said:
    Cool! Fingers crossed!
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Ms.MoonshadowMs.Moonshadow Posts: 55
    edited August 2018

The banner was delivered yesterday. My son and I will be at the shows with it. If you see us, please feel free to shout out a FUCK ALS! Or JUST BREATHE FOR JOEL. We’d be happy to give Jammers a hug or a handshake so feel free to come up and say Hi!

#JustBreatheforJoel #FuckALS #PearlJam #TheHomeShows
  • Options
    On my way to Seattle....see ya’ll there!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,146
    Hope you get the songs & that you are seeking your own help to process your grief.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Hope you get the songs & that you are seeking your own help to process your grief.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Just Breathe wasn’t played last night. Hoping that Pearl Jam has seen my request and plays on Friday or in Missoula. Steve Gleason was there last night with his family. I was as excited to see him as I was to see the band. 
  • Options

• Options
    Up
  • Options
  • Options
    Missoula , tomorrow will be the last show I’ll attend for this tour. PLEASE, PLEASE play Just Breathe for Joel and or a Fuck ALS! If that isn’t done, it’s my hope my posts have raised a little bit of ALS awareness.

#myheromyson #TeamJoelyD #cureALS #FuckALS #PearlJam #MissoulaHomeShow
  • Options
    Fuck ALS!

I hope you get both Just Breathe and ALS, and lots of happiness at MIssoula 
  • Options