Options

Pearl Jam and Ex Boyfriends

ccjackccjack Posts: 134
Does anyone have a song or many songs by PJ that remind them of only good times with an ex?

I do, mine is Nothingman.

Reminds me of my highschool sweet heart who I spent almost 4 years with. I hadn't talked to him in over a year and gave him a call just over a week ago ( I caved, I was getting all sentimental listening to Lost Dogs) It was nice to hear his voice.
"Push me and I will resist"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    "She once believed in every story he had to tell,
    But one day she stiffened and took the other side"

Is that the line that reminds you of your ex? Because mine is the male perspective of that song. When we just broke up and I was pissed off with the world, I used to play Animal. It gets the anger out of your system.

"Why would you want to hurt me"
    "She once believed in every story he had to tell" - Nothingman
  • Options
    that is a great line...as is :

"empty stares, from each corner of a shared prison cell..."
    that always sends shivers up my spine!

I don't hold any anger towards him, my time with him was very special and happy. I often think about him and wonder what if...
  • Options
    k. now you're getting me here. my ex was the one who introduced me to Pearl Jam and took me to a Pearl Jam concert not long after my Mom passed away. To this day - I STILL LOVE PEARL JAM. Luckily, my ex and I are like best friends and share everything with each other. :p
  • Options
    this is a ghost post...LOL

maybe I should've changed the subject to read...Nothingman...or songs and ex loves....
  • Options
    Originally posted by ccjack
    Does anyone have a song or many songs by PJ that remind them of only good times with an ex?

I do, mine is Nothingman.

Reminds me of my highschool sweet heart who I spent almost 4 years with. I hadn't talked to him in over a year and gave him a call just over a week ago ( I caved, I was getting all sentimental listening to Lost Dogs) It was nice to hear his voice.

Most Pearl Jam songs remind me of one particular ex. He introduced me to Pearl Jam..yada, yada, yada. We don't speak anymore (probably a good thing). Sometimes I think about calling him but my better judgement doesn't allow me that option. It never ends well. I hope he's happy and at peace with himself.
    I got a plan
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    I don't have any one song that reminds me of good times or bad with my ex. PJ songs remind me of all that we had, all that we wanted but knew would never happen, the insanity of being in love with him, the emotional ride we were on....the painful end to it. He was...well, still is...the love of my life, THE one.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    Betterman ran through my head as I tried to decide if I should ask my husband for a divorce. Eventually, I did. Not that the song made me do it, but I definately could describe myself at that time as "she dreams in color, she dreams in red." I just decided that I wanted to LIVE in color, too.
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    Originally posted by eddie's grrl
    Betterman ran through my head as I tried to decide if I should ask my husband for a divorce. Eventually, I did. Not that the song made me do it, but I definately could describe myself at that time as "she dreams in color, she dreams in red." I just decided that I wanted to LIVE in color, too.

That takes serious courage!!
  • Options
    I have one ex back when I was in Highschool that the entire album Vitology reminds me of him. The boy put me through so much and the cd was played over and over again for 3 months straight!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lovelyrita
    That takes serious courage!!

Thanks- it really did. Scary shit, lemme tell ya.
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    Originally posted by tattooedeverything
    Most Pearl Jam songs remind me of one particular ex. He introduced me to Pearl Jam..yada, yada, yada. We don't speak anymore (probably a good thing). Sometimes I think about calling him but my better judgement doesn't allow me that option. It never ends well. I hope he's happy and at peace with himself.

i was just going to post saying EXACTLY the same thing : )
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    SunaSuna Posts: 1
    hmmmm, hi there, im suna from peru, i think the song that reminds me my ex is Corduroy, when it says "the waiting drove me mad, youre finally here and im a mess..." it just reminds me when i was waiting for him, and we had a sad end, anyways, corduroy makes me feel better after all :)
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    i can't be free with what's locked inside of me
    if there was a key, you took it in your hand

My exboyfriend seemed to take all the happiness I had with him...and the key to getting that happiness back. I lost everything when I lost him.

i smile, but who am i kidding?
    i'm just walking the miles, every once in a while i'll get a ride
    i'm thumbing my way back to heaven

And I tried so hard to be happy, but it just wouldn't work. I could pretend all I wanted, but it wouldn't help. Some little things would help me get through the day or week, but like a hitchhiker, I always got dropped off somewhere again.

no matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead

But, there is always a springtime, and I think that I've finally found it. :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009