Options

rockin in the free world

Hendrix83Hendrix83 Posts: 26
this whole song has brilliant lyrics, another Neil Young cover. however the verse "theres a girl of the night with a baby in her hands, under an old street light near a garbage can, now she put her kid away shes gone 2 get a hit, she hates her life and what shes done with it. thats one more kid that'll never go 2 school, never get 2 fall in love, never get 2 be cool." that 4 me is unbeleivable sent shivers down my spine. great song great lyrics better than great band.
well i woke up thismornen and i got myself a beer,
the futures uncertain and the end is always near.
jim morrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    indeed that's a great line off of a great song.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    RITFW is just the perfect song in every way, just as Yellow Ledbetter is.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    I simply love this song. It's definitely right up there with Alive, LBC, Off He Goes, Corduroy, Why Go, Jeremy, and a select few gems, a true masterpiece. Ed's vocals + Young lyrics = pure bliss.

The only thing better than Rockin' in the Free World is hearing Rocking' in the Free World live. Strongly recommend it :)
    this board is too crazy for me these days...
  • Options
    RITFW is overall a very awesome and powerful song.
    Tower Record Wristband holder #196
    19 hours 51min 2 sec = all worth it for a Irving ticket
  • Options
    Awesome song. Heard it played by a band the other night :)