Options

Vitalogy fillers

theskyiscrapetheskyiscrape Posts: 69
i was just wondering what you people think of the songs in vitalogy that many of us skip or don't really care about them. these would be pry to, aye davanita, stupid mop... and maybe bugs.

vitalogy is my favorite album and i love listening to the first 13 tracks, but for me the album ends with immortality. i've listened to foxymophandlemama many many times, it has a cool drum beat... but i don't really care about his spanking or she being pride of her cleaning habits.
em ot sselecirp si y c a v i r p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    i like it :D

Bugs and Hey Foxymophandlemama That Me are my favorites
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    I know what you mean, I think the album ends at Immortality, it's a great closing song (so to speak.) But songs like Aye Davanita and Pry To.... don't skip em! Lol, I love em, they add to the more experimental feel to the album... Hey foxymop is just a little too 'out there' for me though!
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    Originally posted by Inside|The|Well
    I know what you mean, I think the album ends at Immortality, it's a great closing song (so to speak.) But songs like Aye Davanita and Pry To.... don't skip em! Lol, I love em, they add to the more experimental feel to the album... Hey foxymop is just a little too 'out there' for me though!

I totally agree! I think i've only ever listened to Hey Foxymop... fully once since i bought Vitalogy! I can't tolerate it!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    i love it... :D
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    there all good, I personally only occasionally skip bugs, but pry, to and aye davanita both kind of connect the albu, and I personally think Hey foxymop........... is one of the best finishers ever, it's very wierd, but it is also just a sweet song.
    everything=3

2-1-0

4-3-2-1-0
    2---2--3---3--2----1

2-2-2-3-3-3-2-2-0

M
  • Options
    i like 'em.

vitalogy wouldnt be the same without them, adds to the charm of the album...and what an amazing album it is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Inside|The|Well

I incline to agree. While Pry To and Aye Davanita are good songs I just let the album end at Immortality. Stupid Mop is just way out there for me....I tried to listen to it and I tried to get into it, doesn't work for me, it's still good but it's really not a song...like a regular Pearl Jam song..but it's good
  • Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    i wouldn't at all consider these fillers... they were what pearl jam wanted us to hear at the time... granted there was the vitalogy length battle... and the origianl version had like 9 songs... then 11 then 13 then 11 and so on.... but it was the final track listing that pearl jam wanted

i can't imagine corduroy without hearing pry to first... it's like a nice interlude to the song....

and i totally think aye davanita totally stands alone, if not an intro before immortality....

as for foxhandlemama.... it's not for everyone (but no pearl jam songs are) but i truly believe the more you listen to it... the more you'll appreciate it....

you really have to put this album into perspective at the time... i like to look at this album as the kurt cobain suicide aftermath.... pearl jam responsibly put out this album... it dealth with death, life and living.. but it's conclusion is to stay alive... suicide is no way out... the mental inmate sound bytes on stupid mop confirm the point of the album... you'd have to be crazy to kill yourself...

do you ever think that you actually would kill yourself?

well, if i have thought about it real deep...
    yes, i believe i would...

spoken like a true crazy person

keep it to myselfkeep it to myselfkeep it to myselfkeep it to myselfkeep it to myselfkeep it to myselfkeep it to myselfkeep it to myselfkeep it to myselfkeep it to myselfkeep it to myselfkeep it to myself
  • Options
    I GOT BUGS...............................................IN THER WAY. I FEEL. ABOUT YOU.....................................................................................NOW THE QUESTIONS...........

WHat utter genius. I`m gonna be crucified but bugs is definately in my pj top ten
    Woo..
    I'm ahead, I'm a man
    I'm the first mammal to wear my curdory pants, yeah
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby
  • Options
    bugs is a song with nice lyrics... pry to is pretty cool, and aye davanita is a really catchy tune...
    the only filler i usually don't listen to is stupid mop.
    em ot sselecirp si y c a v i r p
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    They BELONG there.... and don't ditch Aye Davanita. It makes me happy. :D
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    Bugs might just be the greatest song ever that directs attention to the very real distancing from reality that the vast majority participate in all the time... Covered in critters everyone of us is, and I believe that this song draws attention to the fact that a battle against nature, no matter how intensely fought is a guaranteed loss. WE ALL GOT BUGS!!! But it's ok... Ok as life and death, as ok as blood, truth, and innocence. No reason to run from the real...
    And are all the Goddesses, Witchs? And are all the Queens, Dancers...?
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Originally posted by Demian Greye
    Bugs might just be the greatest song ever that directs attention to the very real distancing from reality that the vast majority participate in all the time... Covered in critters everyone of us is, and I believe that this song draws attention to the fact that a battle against nature, no matter how intensely fought is a guaranteed loss. WE ALL GOT BUGS!!! But it's ok... Ok as life and death, as ok as blood, truth, and innocence. No reason to run from the real...
    Wow... well said..
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    PJ17MKDPJ17MKD Posts: 136
    A little info for all of you off of an old thread :

Credits by mookeywrench :
    "the interviews are clipping from a show that eddie
    saw many years ago about how the government quit funding on an
    insane asylum and now all those voices you hear are people who
    are actually loose on the streets due to the governments
    decision. The song is meant to freak you out and be in shock
    that they would actually let people like that loose"

this is from theskyiscrape :

1. "I had taped something off the tv when I was maybe 17 or
    something and I think it was people who had mental problems
    who were being let out of the hospitals early because the
    states were taking away funding for mental hospitals so they
    were setting these folks out without the necessary care but it
    was still very intriguing the way their mind worked and what
    they would say and we experimented and tried to incorporate it
    into what to date is our most emotional and moving song." -
    Vedder

and vedhead011 said :
    "we watched this video my junior year of highschool.
    vitalogy had been out for a couple of years at this point, and
    when i heard the person on the video say "my spanking, it's
    the only thing i want so much" and all of the other stuff, i
    almost freaked out. don't know how to get a copy of this
    program though."

i think all this info is very interesting ...

later
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    If you play pry to backwards on a record player, it says.."
    oh Pete Townshend how you saved my life."
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    Originally posted by Vedd Hedd
    If you play pry to backwards on a record player, it says.."
    oh Pete Townshend how you saved my life."

or burn in into a wav and flip it backwards.... much eaiser for me.....
  • Options
    I usually skip the fillers
    If I knew where it was I'd take you there
  • Options
    I love Stupid Mop. It's really scary when you're listening to it on the way home and it's dark and stuff, creepy...
    "I have wished for so long, how I wish for you today"--Long Road
  • Options
    I have tried really hard to appreciate the artistry of Bugs,but I can't.I hate that song;the other fillers I don't mind.
    once you know
    you can never go back...
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheGreatBelow
    I usually skip the fillers

I can't believe people skip em! LOL, Pry, To leads perfectly into Corduroy and Aye Davanita is perfect between Betterman and Immortality!
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

• Options
    Don't listen to stupid mop, that kids voice is disturbing :p

I don't mind the others but can't help thinking how Bugs made it onto a studio album and Sad didn't ~shrugs~

Vitalogy is a great album though, I worship Corduroy and Nothingman. :)
    Dear God, save me from your followers

Avocados have a big Stone
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lanfear
    Vitalogy is a great album though, I worship Corduroy and Nothingman. :)

Not forgettin Tremor Christ!