Options

do the evolution

2ndhandriot2ndhandriot Posts: 9
i love do the evolution so much. it was the first song i got stoned to and will always be in my mind the best pearl jam song ever!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    grooveamaticgrooveamatic Posts: 1,374
    It's a freakin' awesome song! But it doesn't seem like a getting stoned song to me...but to each their own!
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    it almost seemed like that do the evolution gave PJ back some of hte energy they had early on in their career. the vidoe rocks too!
    peace
  • Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    one of my fav songs ever...

lyrics so great, so true...am gonna post em once again.. :D

Do the Evolution

Woo..
    I'm ahead, I'm a man
    I'm the first mammal to wear pants, yeah
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

I'm at piece, I'm the man
    Buying stocks on the day of the crash
    On the loose, I'm a truck
    All the rolling hills, I'll flatten 'em out, yeah
    It's herd behavior, uh huh
    It's evolution, baby

Admire me, admire my home
    Admire my son, he's my clone
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    This land is mine, this land is free
    I'll do what I want but irresponsibly
    It's evolution, baby

I'm a thief, I'm a liar
    There's my church, I sing in the choir:
    (hallelujah, hallelujah)

Admire me, admire my home
    Admire my son, admire my clones
    'Cause we know, appetite for a nightly feast
    Those ignorant Indians got nothin' on me
    Nothin', why?
    Because... it's evolution, baby!

I am ahead, I am advanced
    I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
    I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
    2010, watch it go to fire
    It's evolution, baby
    Do the evolution
    Come on, come on, come on
  • Options
    yeah, it's agreat song espacially the guitars at the beginnig
    and then the WOOOoooooooooo Ooo

and the video is just fuckin' awesome too
    BANZÄÄÄ

When he was six, he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact, no trade-backs
    So this is what it's like to be an adult?
    If he only knew now what he knew then
  • Options
    Do the evolution-kinda picks me up and gets me going-a blast from the past kinda gogo style pearl jam- i adore it !
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • Options
    Easily Stones one of Stones best riff with Alive and Even Flow...
    How good is this live? Just ignites! the scream at the start and BOOM (no pun intended) ur away! Fuck, I love it and it just goes to show no matter what anyone says, PJ can still and will always be able to rock hard like the crazy ass mofos they are!
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    OK I'm here... praising the shit out of this song!
    This was the first rockin PJ song I heard that drove me insane and still does to this day!
    I just hear the opening and I'm shaking with excitment!
    This song kicks my ass as well as rockin my socks off (any Tenacious D fans notice what I did there?)
    Anyways... to sum up... this song kicks ass!
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    OMG!!!! I can be soooo tired and in the worst mood ever, but as soon as i hear the opening riff i go completely, clincally insane. This song possesses me and makes me a wild man!! I cannot control myself! I'm on my feet, jumping all over the place, growling and just dancing my ass off!!!!!

The lyrics are brilliant!!! ED SINGS THEM WITH SUCH VENOM AND INTENSITY. It's obvious that the band loves playing this one.

So, there you have it...DTE: MY favourite rockin' PJ song!!!!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    first song i ever heard by PJ...

i loved since the first time...

one of my fav PJ song...

best off Yield
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    Currently one of the most played songs in my living room..
    WOOOOHOOO, do the evolution!:D
    Drunken Butterfly
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    Hell yeah I'm gettin ready to rawk out to this tonight at a party... hope I can get them to play Go as well... new appreciation for this song. It kicks my ass!
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    Haha..what a coincendence...I'm listening to MSG 1 and it just came on..

Gotta love DTE!
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    WernyWerny Posts: 63
    I remember seeing this video at the age of 11 or so, late on Rage, and it SCARED THE LIVING SHIT OUTTA ME! It is the most impacting film clip I've ever seen, and it still gives me chills to this day. Kudos to McFarlane.

And then one day I was on the bloke's site and on the list of music videos (which also includes Korn's freak on a leash) and I saw this and the name of the artist... Pearl Jam!? To that day I had only heard Daughter, Betterman and Last Kiss so I was like WHAT THE HELL!? SOMEONE'S MISTAKEN!

Then my Mum's b/f got me into Pearl Jam and I brought Yield... Ah the day.
    This puke stinks like beer, and everybody's here, so come on come on come on, let's lay waste to this Century...
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    great lyrics and awesome guitar riffs!! this songs lyrics are stuck in my mind for good!
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    This song just EXPLODES live! (kinda like grievance, too!)

I, too, am all over the place when i hear it. It kicks your ass, steals your girl, then halfway thru you have to stop and 'sing like a choir'. How freakin awesome is that part! Then you get into Stone's second funky little solo that just makes me, you're probably gonna laugh, wanna hop across the room on on one foot playing air guitar like they do in so many cheesy 80s videos!

And how powerful are the 'Come on! Come on!'s at the end of the song. There I'm totally punching the air with my fist on each one.

If i'm not totally beat after this song on a bootleg, then something's wrong!
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Originally posted by MotorCityMike
    This song just EXPLODES live! (kinda like grievance, too!)

I, too, am all over the place when i hear it. It kicks your ass, steals your girl, then halfway thru you have to stop and 'sing like a choir'. How freakin awesome is that part! Then you get into Stone's second funky little solo that just makes me, you're probably gonna laugh, wanna hop across the room on on one foot playing air guitar like they do in so many cheesy 80s videos!

And how powerful are the 'Come on! Come on!'s at the end of the song. There I'm totally punching the air with my fist on each one.

If i'm not totally beat after this song on a bootleg, then something's wrong!

hahahah i love it
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    i love the way u can put different lyrics in this, i went thru a phase of singin 'buying socks on the day of the crash' or 'having sex on the day of the crash'
    also, 'i'm the first man to wet my pants' was funny for a while too :D
    ~If You Should Die Before Me, Ask If You Could Bring A Friend~
  • Options
    this is a song that pearl jam will always be able to put all their energy into
    ...please stand by the shore