Playing Incuya Festival in Cleveland 08/25-26?

TauranTauran Posts: 90
edited April 2018 in The Porch
I have a conspiracy theory that I hope comes true, since I live in Northeast Ohio.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and AEG have partnered for a new music festival in downtown Cleveland that is scheduled for August 25-26.  The lineup and details have not been announced, but all of the press out of this new fest has stated that this is to be a "major music festival".

Here is why I am thinking that this could happen:

-These dates are squarely between their shows in Chicago and Boston and Cleveland is basically on the way to Boston.
-Pearl Jam love the Rock Hall and have supported it for years.
-Pearl Jam have played the inaugural year of festivals before (Made in America in 2012)

The main reason that I could argue that they might not play is because this show would go against their 'Home and Away' baseball/stadium show format by inserting a festival show in the mix.

I would personally love to go straight from those Wrigley shows back home to another show in Cleveland.

What do you guys think?
Cleveland '03 -Columbus '03 -Toledo '04 -Cleveland '06 -Pittsburgh '06 -Cincinnati '06 - Chicago '07 - Columbus '10 - Cleveland '10 - Pittsburgh '13 - Cincinnati '14 - Detroit '14 - Lexington '16 - Wrigley '16 - Wrigley '18
Post edited by Tauran on

Comments

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    I'm not a fan of festivals, but I would love if the boys returned to CLE.
  • Its good to dream.  I dont believe “Cleveland being on the way to Boston” is going to play a factor, unless they are walking from Chicago to Boston

never know how big a fest will go in year 1. Expectations were really high for the Grandoozy lineup in denver and they were not met.  Pearl Jam would be a massive get and exclusive. 
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I'm in NEO and would appreciate a local show.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • TauranTauran Posts: 90
    Its good to dream.  I dont believe “Cleveland being on the way to Boston” is going to play a factor, unless they are walking from Chicago to Boston

never know how big a fest will go in year 1. Expectations were really high for the Grandoozy lineup in denver and they were not met.  Pearl Jam would be a massive get and exclusive. 
    They likely move some of their equipment via tractor trailer between cities.  You have to drive past Cleveland to get from Chicago to Boston.  Logistically, it would make sense.

The home/away tour is moving west to east and has a two week break right when a rock festival with an unannounced lineup is to take place and directly in that west to east path.

It’s all circumstantial.

I don’t have any real evidence.  As you said, I’m just dreaming.
    Cleveland '03 -Columbus '03 -Toledo '04 -Cleveland '06 -Pittsburgh '06 -Cincinnati '06 - Chicago '07 - Columbus '10 - Cleveland '10 - Pittsburgh '13 - Cincinnati '14 - Detroit '14 - Lexington '16 - Wrigley '16 - Wrigley '18
  • Any idea what day the lineup is announced?
  • TauranTauran Posts: 90
    Any idea what day the lineup is announced?
    Not exactly.  One article said that more info would be coming sometime in April.
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    I know this is just conjecture but in years past they have specifically said “only US dates for the year” or something to that effect. No such announcement was made this year.