Judd Apatow & Eddie Vedder Perform an Intimate Tribute to Garry Shandling at Bonnaroo: Exclusive Vid

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/rock/8261465/judd-apatow-eddie-vedder-garry-shandling-documentary-zen-diairies-video

The clip is bonus content from Apatow's new HBO documentary, 'The Zen Diaries of Garry Shandling.'

Judd Apatow will be honoring Garry Shandling with a new two-part HBO documentary, The Zen Diaries of Garry Shandling with the help of the late comedian's family and friends. In a clip not featured in the doc, Apatow recruits Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder to put some of Shandling's personal journals into a song.

It’s an intimate performance, prefaced by a longer meditation by Apatow on the undertaking of turning Shandling’s writings into a song. “There’s something nice and sharing our love for Gary, who was so kind to so many comedians, says Apatow onstage, his voice audibly cracking with emotion. “So, I’m going to sing this with Mr. Vedder.” The performance is intercut with Apatow cold-reading some of Shandling’s unused one-liners and bon mots, like “Some people say I have an intimacy problem. But they don’t really know me.”

Comments