too many tickets (seriously)

TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 535
I foolishly tried for both nights in Seattle and won both. I really stupidly didn't consider winning both nights. We just had our first baby and didn't think through how we would manage two shows. Is there really no way for me to sell a pair of ten club tickets without being at the venue right before the show? I think I know the answer but I'm just hoping there is some way. Anyone else run into this problem?
Your light made us stars

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,851
    That's a tough one. I think only your guest ticket is transferable via your phone.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    No, you can't even sell a pair of tickets if you are at the venue before the show.  Only 1 of each pair is transferrable.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,680
    As the previous posters stated, and what was in the ticket purchase info provided by the Tenclub. ...
    No
    Transfer of only one ticket per pair

Good luck
  • TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 535
    ...there's got to be a loop hole! I guess the result of my bad decision is that not only am I out $250 but there will be two empty seats at Safeco field. Tough decisions to make. 
    Your light made us stars
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894
    edited March 2018
    TheGhost said:
    ...there's got to be a loop hole! I guess the result of my bad decision is that not only am I out $250 but there will be two empty seats at Safeco field. Tough decisions to make. 
    there is no loop hole that gets you your money back. That is why they were so clear about all this before you entered the lottery... But please don't let the tickets go to waste! You can still contact the 10C and let them know that neither of your tickets will be used, and 10C will reassign those tickets to a good cause. You won't get your money back, but there won't be two empty seats either. Nothing worse than empty seats while people who wanted to go were shut out!!
    But ideally.. you'll find a way to attend both shows. :) Surely there is a way!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Congrats on your baby! I would find out with the 10c if there are any rules against you selling your tickets (at face value of course) day of show, and scan your phone at the door for entry to the person(s) that bought the tickets from you. 
    No point in asking 10C that. They have already clearly stated that you are not allowed to sell a full pair of tickets at any time. They've stated it over and over again.
    If the ticket holder can make it to the door to scan in other people, I would hope for his sake that he could just tack a 3 hours onto that trip to the stadium and see the show! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,272
    You go to night 1, wife goes to night 2, and you sell your +1 for each night.
    That's your "loop hole."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,324
    I’m in the same boat. I honestly don’t care about the money. So if contact 10c they reassign them or donate them? That’s be awesome 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,014
    I'm sick of these threads. 
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    Sell one ticket at face value and you’re only out half. 
    NYPJ
    mace1229 said:
    You go to night 1, wife goes to night 2, and you sell your +1 for each night.
    That's your "loop hole."
    Or he and wife go to night one, wife stays with baby for night 2 and he finds some other fan to go with (or vice versa).
    PJ_Soul said:
    TheGhost said:
    there is no loop hole that gets you your money back. That is why they were so clear about all this before you entered the lottery... But please don't let the tickets go to waste! You can still contact the 10C and let them know that neither of your tickets will be used, and 10C will reassign those tickets to a good cause. You won't get your money back, but there won't be two empty seats either. Nothing worse than empty seats while people who wanted to go were shut out!!
    But ideally.. you'll find a way to attend both shows. :) Surely there is a way!!
    Good to know! Thank you!
    Your light made us stars
    Thanks everybody! We might be able to afford both nights (lodging, child care, etc.) It's just highly irresponsible! I could be out $250 instead of $500 plus...
    Your light made us stars
    edited March 2018

Your light made us stars
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m in the same boat. I honestly don’t care about the money. So if contact 10c they reassign them or donate them? That’s be awesome 
    What's happened, Nick? Why can't you attend your show(s)?
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    It's tough.   There was a lot of ticket trading going on before.  Lot's of people who enter the lotto and get tickets they didn't need, and then trade them for other shows.   Not horribly bad when it's between 10c members, but if you buy tickets you don't plan to use, and someone else loses out on the lotto because you bought them, it sucks to be the person who lost out on the lotto.    The new 10c changes seem geared at trying to prevent people from buying tickets they don't need, so other people who are entering the lotto have a better chance at getting them.   I like the changes.

The other system wasn't much better on family emergencies.  You still had to be there to pick them to sell/trade to another fan.    Basically the new system really tries to discourage you from buying tickets you can't use.
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    if you have 2 friends who want to go sell them the tix and lend them your phone so they can use the tickets
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
    rummy said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nothing lol. My wife and I both won for one of the shows so I have an extra pair 
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    nicknyr15 said:
    rummy said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nothing lol. My wife and I both won for one of the shows so I have an extra pair 
    Ah, I see. Good to hear! You just need to find another couple to go with you.

(I wish my wife was a Pearl Jam fan!)
  • silvasilva Posts: 44
    Hey @nicknyr15. I'm looking for 2 GA tickets for night 1 Seattle. Just thought it might work for you if you had 2 pairs for that day. I just PM'd you. Let me know.

thanks.

Wembley London - 10/29/96
    Reading Festival - 08/27/06
    Wembley London - 06/18/07
    Milton Keynes - 07/11/14
    My extras are fir Fenway. Sorry for the confusion and Good Luck!