Options

Eddie. To you to me

I was trying to explain to somone the other day how i feel about eddie.When you hear good bands like metallica and iron maiden the music is being played and you can hear it but PEARLJAM. It seems like eddie is singing to you not to an audience unlike any other band. Just wanted the peeps oppinion.

I just want to scream hello,
My god it's been too long,
never dreamed you'd re-turn.
Fuck me if i say somthing you dont want to hear,
Fuck me if you only hear whats in your head.
Fuck me if you can, coz im not leaving here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree and i know how you feel. I was telling someone yesterday how i describe the way their music makes me feel as "uplifting." Eddie is truly special and i feel so priveledged to have such a connection with PJ and their music. Theyve changed the way i think about life and view others around me.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why
    why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine
  • Options
    i am so glad i saw this post. i don't have any friends that even like pearl jam except my brother. we talk about pj sometimes but i don't talk about how they make me feel because i've always felt like i was being silly thinking that their music and performance can really have such a strong effect on me. but it's true. there's something about the way they put everything together so perfectly, and especially eddie's incredible vocal technique and passion. (if i have any fellow radiohead fans, you can relate to this.) eddie is the only musician i've ever felt that i know personally without having met. i've seen their live performance on mtv unplugged and live at the garden but i've never actually been there. but i can still say that they have a great power over me. i strongly recommend listening to them after smoking marijuana. i listened to binaural and cried by the time "thin air" was on. but anyway, i'm a little afraid no one will ever have this kind of effect on me, musically speaking. it just seems like this is the best it can possibly be. but i suppose that's a good thing as well.
    peace.
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    I so understand how you feel about Ed. When I'm low about how people are, all superficial and shit, I come home and watch Eddie and boys. Most of all I listen to what they have to say, and watch the truth that is expressed by this beautiful man. I am pleased and proud to be a fan.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    totally agree with you.
    A lot of pearl jams music and lyrics seem to leave me with a feeling that i am understood,at least by one person.
    I'm sure that a lot of you will be listening to whole pj albums before realising you are in a room full of people having a conversation whilst you are staring into space,just feeling the words and emotions of the music.
    This is why anyone with half a brain can tell that pop music is shit.No-one has put any feeling apart from thirst for money into the music and that is exactly why it has no depth to it,no real emotion.I don't care what kind of music people play as long as they EXPRESS themselves
    "why on earth are we here?,
    surely not to live in pain and fear"-John Lennon
  • Options
    daniel, it's funny what you said about staring off into space when listening to them because i do that constantly...not when people are around, because i usually listen to pearl jam alone, but nonetheless, i always sit on my floor and try to do homework and i'll tell myself, i'm just going to listen to Nothing as it Seems, or some other song, and then when the cd is over, i jump back to reality and realize i've been sitting there in a daze for an hour. this is precisely why i haven't been able to get anything done lately. but i kinda love when that happens. it gives me a sense of comfort. but then i have to work and that pisses me off. that reminds me of something i wrote about yesterday that's been on my mind a lot lately. music can be just like drugs: we use it for temporary pleasure, distance from reality, and/or enlightenment, and when it's over, reality sucks, but we can take our experience and get insight from it even when it's over. so why, friends, are hallucinogens illegal? sorry if i offended anyone with this subject. just something to ponder.
  • Options
    RoxyRoxy Posts: 3
    I feel the same way. PJ's lyrics along with his voice makes a believer out of everyone. It's a voice that's undescrible. He touches u inside and searches for that something that needed to get out and without any actions, he pulls it and says it for u. He's incredible. To have that gift must be rewarding.
    Too bad he doesn't read these awesome messages we say.
    Roxy :)
  • Options
    I get all of those feelings from listening to PJ, and what's worst is that I too, usually listen to them alone (and all the time, which pisses non-fans off, so...). Most annoying is my boyfriend who hates Pearl Jam and always gives me shit for listening to them, and he hates Eddie Vedder because he doesn't understand him...

Dont you wish you had a bunch of PJ buddies? So you could have secret meetings where you listen to Riot Act on vinyl underneath a blanket, with a flashlight, eating cheetos? Wouldnt that be the life!

Anyone in the Atlanta area want to have a PJ sleepover?
    BeeGurl ;)

10/04/96 09/07/98 08/03/00 08/07/00 04/19/03
  • Options
    ugh sure i live in atlanta! lol. Most of my friend like Ttritt, i'm sure you know who that is.

I just want to say that Pearl jams words and music do speak to me in the best way possible. i have always been very musically inclined. I have NEVER had a group make me feel the way they do.
  • Options
    i have loved pj for as long as i can remember and im a second generation fan but the real turning point for me was seeing the jeremy filmclip ( yes i know ive been living under a rock ) it was sent to me through the mail on cd by a friend im guessing of my dads after he died...it had no return address on it...the other film clips it had on it were a live recording or Stairway to heaven ( zepplin ) , a live recording of Riders on the Storm ( doors ) and a few others by the chilis and nirvana....

I dont know i guess i just realised the real substance that this band has and how much their music really meant to me....that was just over 3 yrs ago and eversince ive worshipped the very existance that eddie vedder and pj have on this earth...

For those who dont love them ...u just need to open ur eyes and start really listening itll just come to you and the feeling it gives u will be unexplanable....

Thanks for reading happy posting tc !!!
    3:30 in the afternoon
    an affluent suburb
    64 degrees and cloudy
  • Options
    JesterTGameJesterTGame Posts: 109
    Originally posted by Roxy
    I feel the same way. PJ's lyrics along with his voice makes a believer out of everyone. It's a voice that's undescrible. He touches u inside and searches for that something that needed to get out and without any actions, he pulls it and says it for u. He's incredible. To have that gift must be rewarding.
    Too bad he doesn't read these awesome messages we say.

Oh i bet he reads some of them. the mans a god and gods listen to their follewers.has he ever put a post down. I bet he is a ghost on at the moment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Stormjess
    i have loved pj for as long as i can remember and im a second generation fan but the real turning point for me was seeing the jeremy filmclip ( yes i know ive been living under a rock ) it was sent to me through the mail on cd by a friend im guessing of my dads after he died...it had no return address on it...the other film clips it had on it were a live recording or Stairway to heaven ( zepplin ) , a live recording of Riders on the Storm ( doors ) and a few others by the chilis and nirvana....

I dont know i guess i just realised the real substance that this band has and how much their music really meant to me....that was just over 3 yrs ago and eversince ive worshipped the very existance that eddie vedder and pj have on this earth...

For those who dont love them ...u just need to open ur eyes and start really listening itll just come to you and the feeling it gives u will be unexplanable....

Thanks for reading happy posting tc !!!

That was touching man. I tried to explain it that way but it came out completely different. I got a freind that hated pearljam.everytime i would put it on i would get whats this shit turn it off and stick some good music on. I couldnt understand this. After some time he began to sing some of the lyrics when i put it on and after he said "who was that" i said it was pearl jam and from then on he is hooked as me. Its good being able to have a really deep conversation about lyrics and enterpritations of pearljam. ok cheers peeps. Im gonna make a poll
  • Options
    StormjessStormjess Posts: 14
    Nah thats heaps cool that u got someone to open their ears and finally listen ...there are too many ppl out there that arnt listening to pj on a regular basis and although that is their decision entirely i just think that maybe a few ppl would be better off listening to them .....i love them and i will nevere stop lovin them ....i listen to them for me not for the sake of others...btu its always nice to know that others love tham as much as me ....

Its good to know that i can come here and write bout how much i love them also ....

Glad to hear ya stuff ...

TC and happy posting
    an affluent suburb
    64 degrees and cloudy
  • Options
    I don't know what it is about them, but PJ are definitly something special. Maybe it's the lyrics, but I definitly know what you guys mean when you say that it makes you feel like at least one other person understands you.
    www.blastwave.org.uk - rock and metal new, reviews and promotions
  • Options
    Wow, I was thinking about this the other day. I got into a couple bad fights with my parents and went down into my room, threw on a PearlJam CD and it did have a cathardic (I spell that right?) effect. The 'up-lifting' comment made earlier took the words right out of my mouth. It's quite nice to see all the other people who feel the same way. My family and friends think that I am odd or insane with the way I talk about PJ's music.

Kristofer_White
  • Options
    i dont think there is a person alive today that isnt insane at least if only a little bit. reach in side and you'll find it.
  • Options
    UnleashedUnleashed Posts: 261
    I totally agree with this, there are a lot of great bands out there and a lot of great singers. No one's voice moves me like Eddie Vedder's. It can be a mellow, slow song to an ass kickin' song like Go, I am so moved by his voice. In so many songs you can just feel what he is feeling when he belts the words out. He is amazing to me. I love Pearl Jam's music, so many moods, so many different feelings, experiences, I could go on and on. Call me a freak, psycho, unbalanced whatever, I don't give a shit, I love this band and they make getting through each day a little easier whether it be during good times, bad times, fun times or whatever ~ MUCH MUCH LOVE TO THIS BAND!!!!!!!!!!

I love you guys!!!!
    I will feel alive as long as I am free
  • Options
    StormjessStormjess Posts: 14
    I totally understand how pj has the effect on all of u the way they do.....i mean it happens to me all the time and now i think that if i have a stressed out day ori have afight with my folks that i can just go and listen to pj and i know that they will help me no matter wat .......because they are so genuine i know that i can count on them anytime i need them ....its a pretty good feeling to know that....

Thanks happy posting
    an affluent suburb
    64 degrees and cloudy