Options

*** Lollapalooza Pearl Jam night CANCELLED - Info about REFUNDS ***

13»

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    FP259059 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ wouldn't play festivals JUST for the money. I get the impression that 1) they like that it's a way to reach music fans who aren't familiar with them already, 2) they like to meet all the other artists there, hang with them, maybe get ideas off of them, etc, and 3) it sometimes even allows them to play places that they would not otherwise play because they don't feel like the market justifies their own show - they don't feel confident about ticket sales there, and/or 4) It is a cheaper and easier way to play a big, hyped up show for their fans.
    So I'm going to have to disagree with your overall assessment of festivals. I personally can't stand festivals and will likely never attend another one, but I still think it's good for the band to play one every once in a while for the reasons above.
    OK, im not saying Festivals around the world, im only saying festivals in Argentina. They can put 30k, 35k easily every night they play in here (the last solo night 07/11/15, they put 45k at least). I don´t  see the need to play in a festival with that kind of audience. Maybe it's not clear that i meant only in Argentina. I been in chile and brazil and feel the same, but I don´t know how chileans or brazilians felt about this.
    And I don´t saying that PJ its playing for money (of course they have earnings), I´m talking about what´s lolla became. A Festival for earn tons of money without care about the art nor the music. And I´m talking about the people behind the brand of "Lollapalooza".
    But again, I´ts just my opinion.

Perry Farrell is just out for the almighty $$$$$ or peso!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,313
    PP193448 said:
    My first PJ show would have been Cincinnati 2003, but Riverbend venue flooded because of constant rain that week, so it got cancelled.  Feel your pain.  Stay safe.  Peace.
    I had tix to this show as well.  Bummer.  This then was a major factor to the F*** Cincy 2006 threads and that infamous concert.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    I drove to New Orleans from New Jersey in 96...show was canceled.
    I ended up having the best time ive ever had in my life in a city, and to this day New Orleans is my favorite city.
    Try to enjoy your trip, the memories truly last a lifetime.
    I love New Orleans! Visited there in 2009, and can't wait to go back again!
    "A beacon on dry land"