New Album Soon... TBA - Still Waiting a Year later

Comments

• droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,327
    Any chance they drop the full album as a surprise release at some point over the next few months? I know it's popular trend amongst artists these days.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    PJNB said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ has released a badass new song, will be dropping an album, and will be touring a minimum of 3 continents including all 4 major USA time zones,  and people still want to complain lol
    People complaining that they are worried about the album based on one song, I assume you are the same people buying books based on the cover?
    Is the cover of a book part of the book or just a cover? Is the first single part of the album? Come on man. Terrible analogy. Of course you can project what album will be like based off of a song from said album. 
    Especially a lead single. Usually sets the tone for the album. 
    Did MYM, The Fixer, or Life Wasted really set the tone for those albums? Not really imo. 

The Fixer yes...
  • TWHoltTWHolt Moncton, NB Posts: 401
    I was okay with Cant Deny Me as a random/holiday single.........as the first single from a new album? I'm a little worried....
    Are you worried there may be no saxophone?
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Gtilley8 said:
    Anyone else think that this is probably a clip of another song on the album, that Matt posted a couple weeks ago?

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/2018/02/new-pearl-jam-music.html?m=1
    that sounds awesome.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Nami said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    Anyone else think that this is probably a clip of another song on the album, that Matt posted a couple weeks ago?

that sounds awesome.
    Yeah. That sounds GREAT!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • my2hands said:
    PJ has released a badass new song, will be dropping an album, and will be touring a minimum of 3 continents including all 4 major USA time zones,  and people still want to complain lol
    People complaining that they are worried about the album based on one song, I assume you are the same people buying books based on the cover?
    Is the cover of a book part of the book or just a cover? Is the first single part of the album? Come on man. Terrible analogy. Of course you can project what album will be like based off of a song from said album. 
    Actually it is. It’s your first impression of the piece as a whole. MYM was in no way a representation of what Lightning Bolt was, but keep going about how everything sucks upon first listen. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    mfc2006 said:
    Nami said:
    Gtilley8 said:

that sounds awesome.
    Yeah. That sounds GREAT!!!
    Yeah, I really like the trend for the new album if that's where they're going.  I think the buzz a couple weeks ago was that it was going to be a Matt solo tune.  But since announcing a new record, I think it makes more sense that it's a PJ song.  Totally digging the vibe on that one.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    my2hands said:
    Why buy a book? I get the gist of it by just reading the back cover. Good enough.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Gtilley8 said:

I sure hope so!
    edited March 2018
    tbergs said:
    I knew the apologist brigade would be here in no time to shout down any critical post. Keep up the good work guys!
    Apologists? Your post came off as whiny, not ciritical. As a perk to being a 10c member you received an early release rough mix of the lead single off the new album and thought that you deserved a better version and something not labeled as a 2017 annual single. Entitled much? 
    How ridiculous. I didn’t criticize the song at all. It’s not a rough mix we got, just a crappy sounding low bit rate mp3 of a song the general public got a mere 3 days later. I stand by my comment that it’s super lame if this is in fact the 2017 single. For more than 20 years we have gotten a unique single that is not an album track. Entitlement? We pay for this single. Looking forward to
    more new music as always. 
    Kind of my thoughts. As much as I complained about the last single be over a year late, I;d rather it be a year late that just a 3-day head start on a single everyone else gets for $1. And I don't think it was even 3 days, I think it was just 2.
    But all that is overshadowed by a new album! So good planning in their part, short us on the single, but then say "hey look, new album!" because I'm not even irritated anymore with a new album coming!
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • smobeesmobee Valparaiso Indiana Posts: 178
    New album! Can't wait!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Gtilley8 said:

That sound awesome!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    Hopefully there will be a version sold that has audience clapping/cheering inbetween tracks for those who seemingly only crave new bootlegs.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Deadman said:
    Hopefully there will be a version sold that has audience clapping/cheering inbetween tracks for those who seemingly only crave new bootlegs.
    And want everything to sound like the arena cock rock of the early 90's
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    facebook page got an update today
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    kramer73 said:
    facebook page got an update today
    new album name: Graffiti (joke)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Gtilley8 said:

I sure hope so!
    This sounds awesome. Really hope it’s another song from the album. The first single has grown on me a bit but still think it doesn’t sound right. 
    NYPJ
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    It is exciting!! Plus new album = album tour! In the fall? Hopefully! Canadian tour? :prayer:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    What kind of timeline we looking at here?  Any idea of when the album might be released? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    JojoRice said:
    What kind of timeline we looking at here?  Any idea of when the album might be released? 
    your guess is as good as anyone's
    JojoRice said:
    Nope. But if they've released the first single, it couldn't be THAT long. Since we have no idea where they are in the process, or if they've even finished recording or what, it's impossible to say. IF they are all done recording but haven't started production, production usually takes at least 6 months these days... But who knows. Maybe they've already gotten into the production process too. They've gone fairly low under the radar with this one.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I would assume within a few months of the single, mid-summer or sooner maybe?
    I just can't imagine anyone releasing the first single when the album is still months away from completion. If we're talking 6+ months the whole excitement of a new song would have well worn off by then. Unless they plan to just keep releasing it song by song every few months, but I con't see that either.
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    No idea. Everything we're posting on here is just our own personal theories. Hopefully it comes out soon. I'm itching to hear the rest of this thing.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    It is exciting!! Plus new album = album tour! In the fall? Hopefully! Canadian tour? :prayer:
    my daughter is crossing her fingers. 

much to the chagrine of many adults on this board. :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    my daughter is crossing her fingers. 

much to the chagrine of many adults on this board. :lol:
    Uh oh. How old is your daughter? :lol:
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    I think it was about 3 months when Lightning Bolt got released after NYM dropped.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    PJ_Soul said:

My thoughts exactly regarding an Australian Tour ;) hehe
    edited March 2018
    RP112579 said:
    I think it was about 3 months when Lightning Bolt got released after NYM dropped.
    But we all knew the album was coming long before that. I think we simply heard two songs from the album for the time about 3 months before the album was actually released (first heard them at Wrigley in mid-July, album was released in mid-October). But it's not like Wrigley 2013 was when we first found out officially that there was a new album on the way. I think that happened earlier.... But maybe you're right. I mean, the fact that they actually released a single does suggest they are further along than anyone really thought! I think the official release of MYM and LB was in what? August or something? Maybe even later? Perhaps the new album will be out before the ballpark shows! ... I wonder what that will mean for a real tour though? Makes me worry that they're going to really skimp on more shows in North America because of them.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    RP112579 said:
    I think that sounds right, MYM came out right before the Wrigley 13 show. 
    NYPJ