GA/Pit advice

Hi everyone!

I was lucky enough to get GA tickets for the 2nd Seattle show and was wondering what to expect as far as the crowd in there. My wife and I are going together, we're late 30s -- not as aggressive as we used to be, and don't really want to be battling for a view all night, but I'll probably be tempted to get as close as I can. I guess I just want to start to get a feel for expectations of how easy/hard it will be to get a decent view in there and if people are generally elbowing for position all night or more laid back.

My last PJ show was Santa Barbara in 2003, with reserved seats, so a pretty different experience.

Thanks and looking forward to the show!

Comments

• Hi there. I guess the best thing I can say is, hold your spots, don't move and be happy where you are. People are pretty easy going about coming and going for bathroom and beers. If you want good spots, get there early even it means waiting all day. Trust me it is worth waiting all day. Hope this helps.
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    They’re some of the biggest circle pits you’ve ever seen.  Oh wait, that’s Lamb of God.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,681
    Be tall
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    At Wrigley 16 it was pretty cordial.  The pit's big but were all older now.  No moshing and mostly first come first serve.   Most people are cool, some poeple trying cram their way up front, but most people are cool, and go on first come first serve.

We showed up around 4pm, and were about 12 to 15 people away centre stage.

Dehydration is key.  Drink lots of fluids all day, then stop an hour before doors.   The pits are huge and it's horrible trying to make your way back.   Plus lots of people trying to get up front saying they have a friend or had to go for piss, so nobody believes you anymore by the time you get back.
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    If you are up front, and have to leave momentarily for the bathroom etc, take a good selfie showing your shirt and the people around you and the stage backdrop before you go. Just in case anyone does give you a hard time about getting back up front, you can show them the evidence..
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Drunk girls pushing you in the back or falling down to get out 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Zod said:
    At Wrigley 16 it was pretty cordial.  The pit's big but were all older now.  No moshing and mostly first come first serve.   Most people are cool, some poeple trying cram their way up front, but most people are cool, and go on first come first serve.

Dehydration is key.  Drink lots of fluids all day, then stop an hour before doors.   The pits are huge and it's horrible trying to make your way back.   Plus lots of people trying to get up front saying they have a friend or had to go for piss, so nobody believes you anymore by the time you get back.
    This is the part that sucks. Drinking fluids all day to stay hydrated is key, but obviously leads to a couple bathroom stops during the show. And I personally like to have some beers before the show and maybe a couple during. It’s like you almost have to make the sacrifice of not drinking anything if you want to avoid getting dirty looks as you make your way back to your spot. For that reason I’ll plan on hanging closer to the sides and/or further back. It’s just easier. 
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    If you are trying to get as close as you can, you have to pace yourself in the GA line. I’ve seen some guys party a little too hard and then they never even make it inside or they have to go to the bathroom/ beer line so often they can’t get back to where they were. I may have a beer before in line and one once inside and I get my place established and the lights are still on. Easier to find your way back. Don’t leave once the show starts. 

Best advice is is to get to know everyone around you in the line. You will have a better time beforehand and they will recognize you when you come back from the bathroom. You can also work together when the assholes who showed up 20 minutes before the gate opens and expect to push up to the front ahead of everyone that waited 10 hours. It happens every show but if you know everyone around you who you hung out with it’s pretty easy. 

If you cant handle the tight fit and the assholes that try to cut in, hang in the back. It’s more laid back, more room and still a better view than most seats. 

• buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    oh yeah, and don't be a dick......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    oh yeah, and don't be a dick......
    This 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    edited March 2018
    bbiggs said:
    Zod said:

This is the part that sucks. Drinking fluids all day to stay hydrated is key, but obviously leads to a couple bathroom stops during the show. And I personally like to have some beers before the show and maybe a couple during. It’s like you almost have to make the sacrifice of not drinking anything if you want to avoid getting dirty looks as you make your way back to your spot. For that reason I’ll plan on hanging closer to the sides and/or further back. It’s just easier. 
    Yah, I slow down my fluid intake when I get line... I pretty much don't go to the washroom between when I enter the venue and the show is over.    I avoid beer at all costs, because it goes right through me (I would totally have a beer if I were in the seats).    At least I'll be at the Seattle shows, in which case edibles are good alternative to beers :)

Only problem is at the end the show I can't find a gatorade fast enough :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Pearl jam cathaders will be available through the ten club this summer...
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert