Options

Lollapalooza Ar Solo Trip

Hello! I am from South Africa and going to Buenos Aires ON MY OWN to watch my absolute favourite band of all time and No. 1 Bucket list item. Never done anything like this before! SUPER EXCITED!! 
Posting here so I can make a friend or two before I go. Would be cool to meet some fellow Pearl Jam Fans! I am so beyond excited for this :) I am also feeling my way through this, have no idea where to go in BA - anyone else going / living there that can give a Saffa some tips?
See you there! :):) 

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,789
    Best of luck with your travels. You have more courage than I do! I would be far too afraid to do that on my own. Then again, I've never traveled outside the United States. 

I'm sure there will be some people on here that would like to meet up with you at a pre-show gathering of some sort. I don't know if they do it for Sout American shows, but if you see that the Wishlist Foundation is doing anything before the shows, but if they do, you may want to go to that. Just give it a little time and check your private messages. It has been pretty slow around here lately. 

Travel safe and enjoy the show. It is going to be awesome! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,040
    Bump for a meet up and safe travels to you!!!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    Good for you. Solo trips for music are intimidating but incredibly rewarding.  Hope you find some friends here to meet up with. 

Safe travels!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Reminds me of the movie hostel 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Have an amazing adventure!! I'm from the UK and doing euro shows solo plus Seattle! Although I've already found a lovely group of people to share this experience with. You only live once, find your happy.xx 
  • Options
    Wow! Not only the best band but the best fans too! <3 You lot are awesome!

So last year was by far the worst year of my life (sparing you the epic story due to depressing details) I realized I had nothing to look forward to so I made something happen that could get me up in the morning! I right then and there went online to plan the only thing that I refuse to die without having done! Booked the ticket on the spot because I had just received money for something so had a bit of funds and thought seriously what am I waiting for? If not now then when right? Argentina seems like the best place to get lost for 10 days and jam out to the best band ever! I have travelled the world mostly alone A LOT for work so not new to solo travelling but it can get extremely lonely, looking forward to meeting some people. Do not want this trip to be lonely! 

It is going to be worth every single penny I have spent on it. EEEEEEEEEKKKK CAN"T WAIT!

So if anyone that is going to Argentina Lollapalooza sees this... I am super keen to meet ANYONE new - any age, any gender etc. For a coffee, a tango, a steak - whatever! @Gingerlou77 I really have chosen to make my own happiness - ticking off bucket lists for a couple of years now. Enjoy your solo trips! Maybe sometime we will bump into each other. So glad I found this place! :):) 

Also @RoleModelsinBlood31 haha noooo!!!! Glory!! Thank you @darwinstheory - Great ideas!! @tempo_n_groove @given2fly23 are either of you in BA? 

My word, I am going to be like a kid in a toy store!!! :D:D:D

• Options
    I'm not, though your post has me wanting to book a flight!

I'm in Chicago, but have travelled a lot for PJ and other bands (live music, my greatest passion), some solo and some not. Headed to Barcelona and Seattle this year to see them (in addition to Chicago of course).

Have a great time!

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    edited March 2018
    You gonna have the best time of your life..BA is awesome and totally safe..Boca, Recoleta and Palermo are must see..
    don't forget to eat empanadas..enjoy your trip..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Spend a day or two to Colonia Del Sacramento in Uruguay!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,040
    I am not @LadyZeppelin, sorry!  I planned the North America trip this time around.  I do wish I was going because it would have been great to see someone from the other side of the globe coming to a PJ show!

Safe travels.

If there is something that I can assist in and I can let me know.

I'll be following this thread to see how much fun you have!!!
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    You gonna have the best time of your life..BA is awesome and totally safe..Boca, Recoleta and Palermo are must see..
    don't forget to eat empanadas..enjoy your trip..
    Thank you! Daymmmnn I can't wait!!! I am staying in Palermo Soho in a shweeet apartment with a rooftop pool overlooking the city. I am going to reeeelax up there to the max! Going to try ALL THE FOODS :D:D 
  • Options
    @given2fly23 I have been to Chicago around 5 years ago! Wish I had used this site then to make a few friends. It was a very lonely trip and my first one in another country on my own. Enjoyed one metal bar though... can't remember the name :/ and another I didn't enjoy but I think it was possibly the crowd that night :) 
  • Options
    @tempo_n_groove where are you situated? :) and thank you! Please do keep in touch x
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Sounds like you have the whole thing figure out. I used to go to shows by myself as well, but nothing outside of Ireland. Some of the acts that I'm into I would find it hard to get people motivated to come and watch with me, so I used to not let that stop me from seeing what I wanted to see. Anyway, be sure to post updates on this thread of how your trip goes. Someday I'd love to go to Buenos Aires myself, but not this year unfortunately.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    Sunday night at San Telmo square for tango!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    @ConorKavanagh Hahaha I don't have it figured out by any means. So nervous, feeling a bit old school with this online barcoded ticket (just doesn't feel like the real thing ;P)! I moved across to the west of our country to chase a career which I did very well but its landed me in a very conservative town and they don't speak my home language. So... I go on my own to plenty concerts and shows - get stoked if I know someone is going with me but I really cannot live my life waiting for other people to want to do the same things! I will be forever on my couch then! If I wait for someone to have the money and enthusiasm for an overseas trip to watch a band I will never go :) So live life to the full and all that!

I will so be posting on this thread :)@23scidoo I hope I can go tango solo... well I mean I hope there is a nice dude there to dance with me. Apparently the South American men can be a little... forward... So I will be careful :flushed:
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    @LadyZeppelin You will be fine once you just stick with the winners. By that, I mean, make some connections here and take care of safety matters! Also, I don't think any of us ever have the complete picture figured out. But this trip? You got this!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,789
    I'm sorry, I am not in Buenos Aires. I am in Indiana, USA (almost an hour south east of Chicago). If you had only chosen to come to the Wrigley shows, there's already a few people on this thread that will be there. Like @Tempo_n_groove said, I too will be following this thread to see how you enjoyed your trip. You're really going to live seeing this band, I promise. It will likely become an addiction for you. Who knows, maybe you'll even be so inspired to you'll come to one of the US cities later this summer!

Maybe you could look through the South America tour thread near the top of this message board and try to message some people through there? Most of them will likely be in South America for the tour I'd imagine. 

Please do be careful on your travels.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I don't have a car, but I live nearby Palermo, we can meet and go together, and I can give travel tips, Colonia is a must, haven't been on the boards for ages, don't even know if there's a pre party...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    @darwinstheory I have been to the US many times for work so I wanted a country I have never been to!
  • Options
    @javis el errante YeS please! Should I inbox you? Do you have a message app like WhatsApp?

i have no idea what I’m doing to BA yet and I have so many suggestions like seeing Uruguay for a day too apparently would be neat? Would so appreciate some travel tips and help when I’m there! I land late Tuesday. 

Going to be the best trip ever!
  • Options
    Hope you are fine..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Oh no :( Lolla March 18 cancelled due to weather conditions. 
  • Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    LadyZappelin we traveled to Buenos Aires from the United States for this show. We are heartbroken as I’m sure you are about the cancelation. If you want to meet up for some drinks to drown our sorrows with me and my girlfriend maybe we will find other sad PJ fans to join us. 
  • Options
    LadyZappelin we traveled to Buenos Aires from the United States for this show. We are heartbroken as I’m sure you are about the cancelation. If you want to meet up for some drinks to drown our sorrows with me and my girlfriend maybe we will find other sad PJ fans to join us. 
    Absolutely sobbed when I heard. Shame javis is showing me somewhere to drown my sorrows. Please tell us where you are and we can surely meet up for beers! That would be great! Xx
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I'm so sorry!!! Although I'm sure it has still been an epic trip for you though right Lady Zep?! This just means you need to come to the US in the fall and hang out at the Boston shows! In all seriousness, have fun tonight commiserating with fellow fans, be careful and safe travels. Peace Love n PJ :peace:
  • Options
    Doing what any other self respecting fan would do... eating bucket loads of food and drinking beer. I’m drowning my sorrows in beer and ice cream. I can’t stop tearing up. I could have used the money on a show to London
  • Options
    Eyes are sore from yesterday’s tears but life goes on
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    Eyes are sore from yesterday’s tears but life goes on
    good on you with the glass half full attitude!! being blessed to even be able to fly half way across the world to see a rock band is where it's really at   ;)
    And the wind keeps roaring. And the sky keeps turning grey.
    And the sun is set. The sun will rise another day.
  • Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    There are 3 shows in Italy...just sayin...