Options

Missoula 2018!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Saltzy23 said:
    Aaaaaaand after 13 hours at the airport and 7 hours sitting on a plane I'm heading right back home.  Flight is cancelled.

Was supposed to get in Saturday at 9PM.  Now I just hoping I can get in before the show on Monday.

Man, this fucking sucks my balls.
    Seriously? No other flights to Missoula from San Fran? I feel your pain.  Hopefully it gets worked out. On my way to airport now and hoping for no issues. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    jmug23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Aaaaaaand after 13 hours at the airport and 7 hours sitting on a plane I'm heading right back home.  Flight is cancelled.

Was supposed to get in Saturday at 9PM.  Now I just hoping I can get in before the show on Monday.

Seriously? No other flights to Missoula from San Fran? I feel your pain.  Hopefully it gets worked out. On my way to airport now and hoping for no issues. 
    I wish I was in San Fran.  After 13 hours in Newark, I had to go straight back home.  Tonight I try this all over again at 6AM.  God willing I get in at 1PM local time in Missoula, after a 9 hour flight, drop my shit off at my AirBNB, and run over to the show.

The shit I do for this band...
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,905
    Saltzy23 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I wish I was in San Fran.  After 13 hours in Newark, I had to go straight back home.  Tonight I try this all over again at 6AM.  God willing I get in at 1PM local time in Missoula, after a 9 hour flight, drop my shit off at my AirBNB, and run over to the show.

Why was everything delayed at newark?  Was it because of the rain?  (we didn't get much in central jersey)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Why was everything delayed at newark?  Was it because of the rain?  (we didn't get much in central jersey)
    Because United Airlines sucks cocks in hell.

Delays in the southeast resulted in late planes/crew members....then their fucking systems went down...then crews timed out and couldn't fly due to the fact that they would have been on shifts that were legally too long.

Never seen anything like it before.  If you had a flight on United out of Newark yesterday it was most likely cancelled.  Terminal C became one long line for customer service.  Literally just had bags piled on each other by the carousels.  People sleeping on benches and the ground all over the place.  No answers.  No management.  A complete and total clusterfuck of the highest order.

I've been told that my bag will be waiting for me in Montana, assuming I actually get there tomorrow, but I'll believe that when I see it.

If I wasnt going to Chicago from Missoula I would just say fuck it already, but I really wanna go to this show and I'm not letting these assholes take it away from me due to their goddamm incompetence.
  • Options
    Christ that sucks.  I hope your next fight goes smoothly.  
  • Options
    Look at this shit.  Literally just piling up everyone's luggage with no system or security because they ran out of room to put them anywhere else.

You could have walked off with like 20 and no one would have said a goddamn thing.

Just a total joke.

Go fuck yourself United Airlines.
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Alright Saltzy, hoping you make it fine.  Anyone else getting ready to travel?  Gonna start driving from the Sun Valley area soon.  Will check in to our Lolo based campsite, then go on to Missoula to check out the goings on.  Anyone have anything fun going on tonight in town?
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

what the heck?!  ugh
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Saturday was bad in north jersey with almost 5” of rain. Flooding etc. probably fucked everything up 

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Because United Airlines sucks cocks in hell.

Delays in the southeast resulted in late planes/crew members....then their fucking systems went down...then crews timed out and couldn't fly due to the fact that they would have been on shifts that were legally too long.

Never seen anything like it before.  If you had a flight on United out of Newark yesterday it was most likely cancelled.  Terminal C became one long line for customer service.  Literally just had bags piled on each other by the carousels.  People sleeping on benches and the ground all over the place.  No answers.  No management.  A complete and total clusterfuck of the highest order.

I've been told that my bag will be waiting for me in Montana, assuming I actually get there tomorrow, but I'll believe that when I see it.

If I wasnt going to Chicago from Missoula I would just say fuck it already, but I really wanna go to this show and I'm not letting these assholes take it away from me due to their goddamm incompetence.
    This is an awesome rant.  From beginning to end.  

You’ll get there!
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Wifey had the foresight and wanted nothing to do with flying right now. Still in Billings, but working our way there. Thinking the 16 hour drive is shorter.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    dinicondinicon Posts: 25
    edited August 2018
    We were sitting on the tarmac nearly two hours in Cleveland due to United outage. Barely made the connecting in Denver, pulled out of the gate and sat another 1.5 hours for mechanical issue.

Lucked out getting here based on other stories. Hiked the M to celebrate. Not sure about the merch line, seems like it would burn a lot of valuable time.
    Post edited by dinicon on
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Anyone know where the meet up is tonight in Missoula?
  • Options
    I cannot attend Missoula and my fan club GA tix for grabs.  Please PM or email me at mekeel13@yahoo
  • Options
    We are here!

• Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    Anyone have advice on parking?
  • Options
    nurse34nurse34 Posts: 17
    Could anyone do me a favor for Missoula merch..would LOVE to have the trout sticker and the St. Christopher keychain (failed to grab it in Seattle).
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    How about a merch update. Any show specific 4-eyed animal shirts sighted yet?
  • Options
    I made it!

Whoo hoo!!
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,653
    Drdeal said:
    How about a merch update. Any show specific 4-eyed animal shirts sighted yet?
    4 eyed griz
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 443
    Saltzy23 said:
    I made it!

Whoo hoo!!
    Enjoy the show!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    Saltzy23 said:
    I made it!

Whoo hoo!!
    Congrats! Maybe Ed can dedicate GTF for you ;)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Well that was awesome! Maybe not as long as Seattle shows reportedly were. But we got up close, had great people around us, and eddie’s voice and the guys were in fine form. Everyone else have fun?
  • Options
    What a great day.  I'm still coming down from it all.

Woke up at 4am EST on Monday, 9 hour flight out here, checked in, met up with Ryan who set up the rafting trip, a man amongst men, who went out of his way to get me something to smoke while I'm here and got me the Missoula bear shirt which I would have had zero shot at otherwise and then had an absolute blast in the 10C GA.

Cherry on top of it all, just as I was just about to walk over to the show the Controller of my company called me up and told me I'm being given a random spot bonus!

I want to do yesterday every day for the rest of my life....
  • Options
    sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 110
    edited August 2018
    Saltzy23 said:

Woke up at 4am EST on Monday, 9 hour flight out here, checked in, met up with Ryan who set up the rafting trip, a man amongst men, who went out of his way to get me something to smoke while I'm here and got me the Missoula bear shirt which I would have had zero shot at otherwise and then had an absolute blast in the 10C GA.

Cherry on top of it all, just as I was just about to walk over to the show the Controller of my company called me up and told me I'm being given a random spot bonus!

Awesome! I woke up at the Lolo Square Dance center where we camped, had a great mountain bike ride with my kid through some beautiful country, then the Rock2vote fest, then in line with great folks, then in to 10c GA about 10-15 back from the fence in front of Stone and Boom. Great folks there except for one woman who showed up late and eventually moved off. Had an amazing time with my kid who jumped up and down, sang along, and enjoyed the show greatly. An amazing day!

Post edited by sunvalleylaw on
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Awesome! I woke up at the Lolo Square Dance center where we camped, had a great mountain bike ride with my kid through some beautiful country, then the Rock2vote fest, then in line with great folks, then in to 10c GA about 10-15 back from the fence in front of Stone and Boom. Great folks there except for one woman who showed up late and eventually moved off. Had an amazing time with my kid who jumped up and down, sang along, and enjoyed the show greatly. An amazing day!

Pretty sure I saw you and your friend at some point.

How great was the little girl on her father's shoulders in the 10C GA?  Freaking adorable.

Loved when Eddie called her out and had the crowd pass her a tambourine.  Such good stuff.

• Options
    Ha!  That is my 18 year old kid who I have infected with PJ and other alt and rock bands.  He just graduated high school, and is moving off for a gap year and college, so what better way to celebrate but a road trip and first PJ show!  We had a great time.  And yeah, that was great about that kid, and that everyone passed that tambourine right back to her.  He got one to another young boy up to the right of me near the end of the show.  Great stuff!  Glad you made it in and had a great show!

Oh, PS, I also got the Missoula Grizzly shirt.  The more multi colored one rather than the more white one.  Love it!  Got some stickers to go on the camper, and guitar case too.

Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Pretty sure I saw you and your friend at some point.

How great was the little girl on her father's shoulders in the 10C GA?  Freaking adorable.

Loved when Eddie called her out and had the crowd pass her a tambourine.  Such good stuff.

• Options
    sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 110
    edited August 2018
    @Saltzy23 and any others, the Missoula show (my second one) provided again an opportunity to prove the Bike Snob correct.  From his book:

"Why other cyclists don't like them: The Mountain Biker will drive four hours to ride for one hour (Note: fortunately we live where we don't have to do this.  Nor when in Missoula); they listen to Pearl Jam; they have an Adam Sandler-esque approach to cycling attire; and they're the sort of people who have very large dogs and get really into barbecuing."

http://https//www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/oct/24/bike-snobs-guide-cycling-tribes  The cycling tribes.  :-D

The rest, other than the driving, pretty much fits.  ;)

Again, glad you made it in ok.  Safe travels home!  
    Post edited by sunvalleylaw on