Options

anyone (over 21) attending both Seattle shows want to do a smoke out on the day in between the shows

2»

Comments

• Options
    JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    jeffbr said:
    drugs come in many forms/types
    alcohol, caffeine. thc, aspirin, sedatives, barbiturates and ativan etc
    one could even say sex and power are also types of drugs
    so let's face facts people we are all drug users.
    does that make it easier? or harder to accept?
    who here is not on drugs? 
    Yup, the prohibitionists and morality police on this board need to step back. Weed, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, sugar are all things that can be legally enjoyed here regardless of what people living in less enlightened states feel about it. Sorry for those of you who aren't experiencing the level of freedom we're afforded here. But please don't begrudge us. There is no difference between walking into a liquor store or walking into a pot shop here in WA. There is no difference between going home and night and relaxing with a beer or relaxing with a bowl. Both are  legal. Both are socially acceptable. Neither will hurt you in moderation (although alcohol has far more negative side effects, including a strong addiction component). Why the angst? Too many people apparently bought into Reefer Madness.  Modern day teetotalers still have the ability to abstain if they choose. But they no longer have the ability to limit my enjoyment of my choices.
    64% of Americans now support recreational legalization, including 51% of Republicans, so the people against us smoking weed are actually in the minority, and the minority is trying to determine the behavior for the rest of us, kind of pathetic actually
    It's the same as drinking to me...  and I am for national & federal legalization.  What I take issue with are those who consume and preach that weed is 100% positive without any negative side effects...  tons of good, but also some bad.  Oh and those who smoke & drive and claim it's fine.  I've seen plenty of awful stoner drivers...
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Jvollman said:
    jeffbr said:
    Yup, the prohibitionists and morality police on this board need to step back. Weed, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, sugar are all things that can be legally enjoyed here regardless of what people living in less enlightened states feel about it. Sorry for those of you who aren't experiencing the level of freedom we're afforded here. But please don't begrudge us. There is no difference between walking into a liquor store or walking into a pot shop here in WA. There is no difference between going home and night and relaxing with a beer or relaxing with a bowl. Both are  legal. Both are socially acceptable. Neither will hurt you in moderation (although alcohol has far more negative side effects, including a strong addiction component). Why the angst? Too many people apparently bought into Reefer Madness.  Modern day teetotalers still have the ability to abstain if they choose. But they no longer have the ability to limit my enjoyment of my choices.
    64% of Americans now support recreational legalization, including 51% of Republicans, so the people against us smoking weed are actually in the minority, and the minority is trying to determine the behavior for the rest of us, kind of pathetic actually
    It's the same as drinking to me...  and I am for national & federal legalization.  What I take issue with are those who consume and preach that weed is 100% positive without any negative side effects...  tons of good, but also some bad.  Oh and those who smoke & drive and claim it's fine.  I've seen plenty of awful stoner drivers...
    Agreed. Weed, alcohol, prescription drugs and lack of sleep can all alter reflexes and perception. Nobody should ever drive impaired. And with the use of any substance, including sugar, and fats, moderation should be a rule. Almost anything you consume for pleasure has potentially deleterious side effects. Just know the risks. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    jeffbr said:
    Jvollman said:
    jeffbr said:
    Agreed. Weed, alcohol, prescription drugs and lack of sleep can all alter reflexes and perception. Nobody should ever drive impaired. And with the use of any substance, including sugar, and fats, moderation should be a rule. Almost anything you consume for pleasure has potentially deleterious side effects. Just know the risks. 
    oh yeah I would never go taking bong rips and immediately go drive a vehicle, that's just dumb, and at least 30% of people who smoke weed don't like the way it makes them feel, so obviously it's not a cure all for everyone
This discussion has been closed.