Options

Body Of War Dvd

Gonzo18Gonzo18 Posts: 12
edited October 2008 in The Porch
So I pre-ordered Body of War late last week, and recieved an email yesterday that it's not going to ship until mid Novemeber? Is the demand this high for the film? It's supposed to be a gift for my brother that is an Iraq war veteran which makes me mad he has to wait. Anyone else encounter this problem?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,917
    yep, i got the same thing.

NEW VIDEO (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:NewVideo@ordering.com">NewVideo@ordering.com</a><!-- e -->)

Thank you for your recent order! Unfortunately, due to inventory receipt issues we are unable to ship the following item to you until the date listed below.

We appreciate your patience while we prepare your item with the highest standards of quality and service you've come to expect! If this unforeseen delay is unacceptable, please call us toll-free at 1-800-314-8822 or reply to this email to cancel this item. Any payments made will be promptly refunded to you. Keep in mind that for orders paid by credit card, your card is not charged until your item is shipped.

If we do not hear from you, we will assume this delay is acceptable and will ship your merchandise as soon as it is available. Again, we thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Your friends at NEW VIDEO

Item#: NV136151 - BODY OF WAR DVD
    Order Date: 10/20/08
    Qty Ordered: 1
    Price each: $26.95
    Expected to ship on: 11/14/08
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I pre-ordered it off Amazon before the pre-order offer came up on the Ten Club website. Got an email that it shipped Thursday so I should be getting it by Monday. Sucks that the distributor is having problems. Hopefully it comes sooner than later.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,917
    I pre-ordered it off Amazon before the pre-order offer came up on the Ten Club website. Got an email that it shipped Thursday so I should be getting it by Monday. Sucks that the distributor is having problems. Hopefully it comes sooner than later.

say. you wouldn't mind if i call up amazon and have that package come my way this monday, and you wait for my package from the distributor!

j/k. or maybe ...
    hahah
  • Options
    What does everyone think of the film?
  • Options
    I got it on Netflix on Thursday. I thought it was an accurate portrayal of the realities of war. Tomas seemed like a normal guy who enlisted for what he felt was the right reason (if there is one) for war. He then realized that he (to quote Dylan) was "Only a pawn in their game." I am sure it takes a lot for him to just get out of bed in the morning and it really is tragic that the reasons for his injury seem in vain. As a nurse, I have already seen the physical and emotional cost of this war, and it will only get worse. It sickens me.

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
  • Options
    is your brother now against the war? the reason i ask is that the movie is very anti-war.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08