Options

Jimmy Dore Show thread-For progressives, not corporate warmongering Democrats-Feel The Bern!

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    brianlux said:
    Main stream media news is mostly a joke these days.  I don't watch any news on TV.  I check out The Guardian, BBC News and Democracy Now!  For earth related stuff I go mostly with realclimate.org, Wildlands Network, Sea Shepherd updates and Natural Resources Defense Council updates. 

And, of course, you can't beat The Onion.

I used to like Huffington Post but not as much these days. 

MSNBC, CNN, ABC/NBC/CBS?  LOL, the not news news!

Exactly, people watching that stuff don't understand that is made for the corporations to push their agenda, that's why any of the commentators who embarrass the sponsors, then they are usually gone. MSNBC canned Phil Donahue because he refused their pro-war agenda, even though he had the highest rated show on the Network at the time,
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    my2hands said:
    I have no problem with Hank posting anything he wants, someone needs to keep the neoliberals honest... 

I just like bringing up Hillary's emails...

I also think Americans  put too much value in liking a presidents personally, not everyone has to have the charm of Obama to be a good president... Hillary would have been a great POTUS, why do you think Putin dud everything he could to help defeat her?
    Exactly, neoliberalism is making it so there is little difference between the 2 parties, they both take massive money from military contractors, pharmaceutical companies, wall street, the big banks, private prison industry. And I don't believe Putin did anything to stop Hillary, Hillary stopped Hillary, she chose not to campaign at all in Wisconsin & Michigan and barely lost both States. I actually believe Putin would want the person in office who sold him half of our country's uranium supply.
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    NewJPage said:
    Calm down everyone. I, for one, think we should be valuing the opinions of 9/11 truthers and members of Russian state TV
    If you actually believe 9/11 that shows you haven't really researched or don't understand physics, to understand it was impossible, it violated many laws of physics & science. They have spent more on Mueller investigation, than they did for the entire 9/11 commission. Democrats never used to be so gullible to believe everything the government tells them, like the government never lies and always tells the truth, lol, you know how ridiculous it sounds saying "I trust everything the government & media tells me", it actually make you sound foolish. Cognitive Dissonance is a powerful thing, a very powerful thing, it makes people close their minds and be dismissive. These people are all experts in their fields (and far more qualified that the amateurs on the 9/11 commission), and they prove why 9/11 was impossible.

Architects and Engineers On 9/11! Excellent Must See

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYUYya6bPGw&t=1s

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    my2hands said:
    I have no problem with Hank posting anything he wants, someone needs to keep the neoliberals honest... 

I also think Americans  put too much value in liking a presidents personally, not everyone has to have the charm of Obama to be a good president... Hillary would have been a great POTUS, why do you think Putin dud everything he could to help defeat her?
    I'm a bit surprised to see you say you think HRC would have made a great POTUS.  That's OK, I like surprises!

Yeah, I agree, I think unless someone is outright trolling or attacking another poster, all opinions should be allowed and given due respect (respect not necessarily meaning agreement) here. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    This thread is for progressives, so if you are a moderate Republican pretending to be a Democrat, that means not you.
    ABOUT THE JIMMY DORE SHOW: The Jimmy Dore Show is a hilarious and irreverent take on news, politics and culture featuring Jimmy Dore, a professional stand up comedian, author and podcaster. With over 5 million downloads on iTunes, the show is also broadcast on KPFK stations throughout the country. It is part of the Young Turks Network-- the largest online news show in the world.
    There are only 6 major News Services in American that control virtually all the News you see, and they are pushing their agenda, there is nothing neutral or open about it, so if you immerse yourself in the trash that is mainstream media, your cognitive dissonance (brainwashing) will only cause you to get angry, so for your own health & blood pressure
    you should just avoid this thread.
    "you should just avoid this thread"

i should have heeded the warning.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Oh.... Oh wow

This is a special kind of crazy
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Ramblings of a madman
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    NewJPage said:
    Calm down everyone. I, for one, think we should be valuing the opinions of 9/11 truthers and members of Russian state TV
    If you actually believe 9/11 that shows you haven't really researched or don't understand physics, to understand it was impossible, it violated many laws of physics & science. They have spent more on Mueller investigation, than they did for the entire 9/11 commission. Democrats never used to be so gullible to believe everything the government tells them, like the government never lies and always tells the truth, lol, you know how ridiculous it sounds saying "I trust everything the government & media tells me", it actually make you sound foolish. Cognitive Dissonance is a powerful thing, a very powerful thing, it makes people close their minds and be dismissive. These people are all experts in their fields (and far more qualified that the amateurs on the 9/11 commission), and they prove why 9/11 was impossible.

Alex Jones alert.
    This shit has been proven insane over and over. Try Google for debunking articles, although you seem set in your "true progressive" ways (which, interestingly enough, seem closer to far right/Putin based on your posts). US government has done plenty of bad shit...no need to make up fake junk. 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    NewJPage said:
    NewJPage said:

Alex Jones alert.
    This shit has been proven insane over and over. Try Google for debunking articles, although you seem set in your "true progressive" ways (which, interestingly enough, seem closer to far right/Putin based on your posts). US government has done plenty of bad shit...no need to make up fake junk. 
    Is this where I should be posting The Holocaust never happened memes? 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    NewJPage said:
    NewJPage said:

Alex Jones alert.
    Is this where I should be posting The Holocaust never happened memes? 
    Mainstream media won't tell you that either!
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    brianlux said:
    my2hands said:

I'm a bit surprised to see you say you think HRC would have made a great POTUS.  That's OK, I like surprises!

Yeah, I agree, I think unless someone is outright trolling or attacking another poster, all opinions should be allowed and given due respect (respect not necessarily meaning agreement) here. 
    All opinions are allowed, but that doesn't mean I'm going to respect all opinions. If someone voices the opinion that non-whites are second class citizens, I'm not going to respect that. If someone posts that women are inferior to men, I'm not going to respect that. I think you get the idea. I'll respect their right to have an opinion but I don't feel any obligation to respect all opinions.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Haha, holy fuck!!

I want in too.

Image result for earth is flat meme
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Haha, holy fuck!!

I want in too.

Hmmm...interesting. wonder if a YouTube vid can verify though
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    NewJPage said:
    dignin said:
    Haha, holy fuck!!

I want in too.

Absolute proof.

Without a doubt.

If anyone believes different they are obviously corporate shills and suffering from cognitive dissonance. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyAh9OENJPU
  • Options
    dignin said:
    NewJPage said:
    dignin said:
    Haha, holy fuck!!

I want in too.

Absolute proof.

Without a doubt.

If anyone believes different they are obviously corporate shills and suffering from cognitive dissonance. 

Too lazy to insert mind blown gif, but OMFG
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    my2hands said:

All opinions are allowed, but that doesn't mean I'm going to respect all opinions. If someone voices the opinion that non-whites are second class citizens, I'm not going to respect that. If someone posts that women are inferior to men, I'm not going to respect that. I think you get the idea. I'll respect their right to have an opinion but I don't feel any obligation to respect all opinions.
    No, of course not.  Just respect the persons right to have their opinion.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
  • Options

Conan O'Brien EXPOSES our PHONY FAKE NEWS SCRIPTED MAINSTREAM Media. Notice how these are from all 4 networks, yet they are all reading the exact same scripts verbatim, so obviously somebody is writing all this shit, oh yeah and they would never lie to us, lol, sure whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLXQ0qbq6jY
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Bernie Sanders Schools Clueless News Anchor On Why Hillary Clinton Lost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krP7rqYKHxs

• Options
    edited February 2018

Conan O'Brien EXPOSES our PHONY FAKE NEWS SCRIPTED MAINSTREAM Media. Notice how these are from all 4 networks, yet they are all reading the exact same scripts verbatim, so obviously somebody is writing all this shit, oh yeah and they would never lie to us, lol, sure whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLXQ0qbq6jY
    Hmm, could it be more likely that plagiarism and stealing of content is more to blame here than some conspiracy about mainstream media? Besides the fact that these were mostly small town local affiliates and very generic common statements that no doubt could be stretched for just about any topic if you're going snip pieces.

And no, no, no, that is not what Conan was doing.
  • Options

Anonymous - Shocking Evidence that they Don't Want You To Know! (FAKE NEWS EXPOSED)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApiIrniUN0g

Just read the song title. The rest of the lyrics don't apply, but I like to share this song as much as possible.
    https://youtu.be/0esbbnY5Xvw
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    my2hands said:

It's a fine line between being a sign of mental health issues and an opinion that is supported by legitimate facts or critical thinking. Shouldn't we be trying to get people help who buy in to this type of bullshit because it's poison to our society and allows shit like Trump to happen.
  • Options
    I can't believe people buy into this shit. Have you ever worked in an industry where content was so similar that it gets rehashed or "canned" because it's a common occurrence? How many mass shooting or crime reports are probably framed the same way? It's not a fucking conspiracy! It's called lazy and borrowing of what already exists. Go out and read policies across industries and you will see that many will have the exact same wording. No need to reinvent the wheel people.
  • Options
    Here's an example of how major news media can put a bad face on a good story.  A few days ago, in the city of Stockton, California, a crime ridden, dangerous place as badly in need of a good story as any I know of in Northern CA, a group of students planned and carried out a peaceful protest asking for stricter gun controls.  Fox News covered the story and chose to focus on the small number of troublemakers who were not part of the original protest and published a photo that emphasizes violence rather than peaceful protest.  Gosh, can you imagine Faux news doing that?  Oh, but wait!  Down toward the bottom of the article they said, "Organizers said those kids were not part of their demonstration.“ We just want to protest. We weren’t going to steal anything," said Jordan Decasas. "We just came to protest. That’s it.”  Knowing full well, of course, that the haters were less likely to get that far having already been fed negative ideas through words and images about how the protest was violent.  Way to go Faux Fail News.

http://fox40.com/2018/02/23/hundreds-of-students-stand-up-for-gun-control-in-stockton/

• Options
    tbergs said:
    I can't believe people buy into this shit. Have you ever worked in an industry where content was so similar that it gets rehashed or "canned" because it's a common occurrence? How many mass shooting or crime reports are probably framed the same way? It's not a fucking conspiracy! It's called lazy and borrowing of what already exists. Go out and read policies across industries and you will see that many will have the exact same wording. No need to reinvent the wheel people.
    Absolutely, I don't understand how so many people are living in a total fantasy world believing the media cares about them more than the corporate sponsors who are paying for it. This is how real reporting is done, this report was done on Fox News and made both the intelligence agencies, the Bush administration and Israel all look bad, and Carl Cameron actually kept his job until he retired last year.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbkQddEDPs0
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Here's an example of how major news media can put a bad face on a good story.  A few days ago, in the city of Stockton, California, a crime ridden, dangerous place as badly in need of a good story as any I know of in Northern CA, a group of students planned and carried out a peaceful protest asking for stricter gun controls.  Fox News covered the story and chose to focus on the small number of troublemakers who were not part of the original protest and published a photo that emphasizes violence rather than peaceful protest.  Gosh, can you imagine Faux news doing that?  Oh, but wait!  Down toward the bottom of the article they said, "Organizers said those kids were not part of their demonstration.“ We just want to protest. We weren’t going to steal anything," said Jordan Decasas. "We just came to protest. That’s it.”  Knowing full well, of course, that the haters were less likely to get that far having already been fed negative ideas through words and images about how the protest was violent.  Way to go Faux Fail News.

http://fox40.com/2018/02/23/hundreds-of-students-stand-up-for-gun-control-in-stockton/

yeah Fox News pumps out just as much Fake News & Propaganda as CNN or MSNBC, so it's ironic they adopted that term
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    my2hands said:

It's a fine line between being a sign of mental health issues and an opinion that is supported by legitimate facts or critical thinking. Shouldn't we be trying to get people help who buy in to this type of bullshit because it's poison to our society and allows shit like Trump to happen.
    Trump Degrangement Syndrome is real, so many people are obsessed with him, and spend so much time thinking about him that the News stations run more stories about him for ratings, but because of this Trump got 6 billion dollars worth of free media exposure, whereas Clinton only got 3 billion, and this is the real reason Trump won, all that extra media attention, 3 billion dollars is a lot of fucking media exposure.
  • Options
    NewJPage said:
    NewJPage said:

Alex Jones alert.
    lol, Google, that is so fucking funny, Google is so fucking corrupt and works hand & hand with the government and eagerly gives all our information to them, sheep
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Haha, holy fuck!!

I want in too.

dignin said:
    NewJPage said:
    dignin said:
    Haha, holy fuck!!

I want in too.

Absolute proof.

Without a doubt.

this is the best proof, the North Star is supposedly 3.2 trillion miles away and that's in the center, this would not be possible if we were hurtling through the air at 67,000 miles per hour
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp6UkqIwVfk
  • Options
    dignin said:
    NewJPage said:
    dignin said:
    Haha, holy fuck!!

I want in too.

Absolute proof.

Without a doubt.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Evolution Debate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJDgVlv55Uw&t=1s

This discussion has been closed.