Options

Thankfully, no Fenway snoozer for me

13»

Comments

• Options
    I'm 36. First show was in 96. Been a hardcore fan since the MTV awards performance in 92. I've done my fair share of rocking. I chose the Fenway show precisely because it was reserved seating and ends early. I'm old. Who gives a shit. I'm seeing a band whose members I admire and respect. Couldn't care less if they do all acoustic performance or not. In fact didn't they open all acoustic back in 2003 before Sleater-Kinney came on in Boston? That would be great to see. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I would love an opening acoustic set... 
  • Options
    dnlbauerdnlbauer Posts: 11
    edited February 2018
    Fenway and Pearl Jam will always have a special place in my heart.  Went to Boston with 10 club seats for the Boston 2, 2016 show and none for the first show.  My wife, daughter and I decided to walk to Fenway to sit outside and hear the first few songs of the first show.  We were with a small group (a couple had chairs) listening to Release when a gentleman approached the group and asked us if we’d like to go in.  He handed the eight of us tickets and said with a smile “he’d kill us if we sold them”.  The seats were complimentary and in the first row behind the first base dugout.  We had an unforgettable experience and it was an awesome show - every bit as good or better than the first time we same PJ in 1998.
    Post edited by dnlbauer on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,777
    dnlbauer said:
    Fenway and Pearl Jam will always have a special place in my heart.  Went to Boston with 10 club seats for the Boston 2, 2016 show and none for the first show.  My wife, daughter and I decided to walk to Fenway to sit outside and hear the first few songs of the first show.  We were with a small group (a couple had chairs) listening to Release when a gentleman approached the group and asked us if we’d like to go in.  He handed the eight of us tickets and said with a smile “he’d kill us if we sold them”.  The seats were complimentary and in the first row behind the first base dugout.  We had an unforgettable experience and it was an awesome show - very bit as good or better than the first time we same PJ in 1998.
    Wow that is awesome! If anything this thread backfired pretty bad and there are some great stories coming out of the 2016 shows. 
  • Options
    I went to the first night at fenway and it was my all time favorite concert.  
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RITFW on night 2 at Fenway was probably the happiest I've ever seen the band onstage.
    was ed having a catch during that song?
    I think so. Mike handed his guitar off to Matt's son and joined Matt on drums. He may have even taken Jeff's bass at one point. It's not my favorite cover they play but that night it was awesome!
    J Mascis...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    RITFW on night 2 at Fenway was probably the happiest I've ever seen the band onstage.
    was ed having a catch during that song?
    I think so. Mike handed his guitar off to Matt's son and joined Matt on drums. He may have even taken Jeff's bass at one point. It's not my favorite cover they play but that night it was awesome!
    J Mascis...
    Yep, him too. Although I will admit I had no idea who he was at the time.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Fenway 2016 night 2 was amazing, and I was outside the building! Night 1, Eddie had told a story about sneaking into Fenway back in the day, so I'm out there just wishing I could get in somehow!
    Night 1 opened with Eddie saying we were "Going to church"  while the opening notes of Release began. Took my breath away, not for the first time that night. A favorite memory was during Black. Eddie asked us to light the place up, and the young man next to me took delight in the fact that I used my lighter, saying, "wow, old school, I love it" and filmed my hand holding up the flame! It was a beautiful night, and I remember Eddie going, "Ah! wow!" as he looked around.
    I would have loved to have heard Red Mosquito. I read that it and, I think Betterman, had been on the setlist for night 1, but were not played, perhaps due to a curfew. But how can anyone complain, the setlist was so long and varied. The only song they did where I wasn't happy that night was "Sleeping by Myself" and that's because I'm a widow due to suicide. At that point it hadn't been a year yet, and I don't need any reminders, lol. 
    I'm in for Fenway N2 this year! If I can't find anyone who's looking for a +1 for N1, I'll be right outside again! 

• Options
    If you thought Fenway night 2 was a snoozer, you need to get your head examined. 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,879
    my2hands said:
    I would love an opening acoustic set... 
    there were rumors of this last time. At least they start with a slow few tracks to ease into things. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,543

Another perfect time for a breather to send out some thank you's. 

Thank you India
    Thank you terror
    Thank you disillusionment
    Thank you frailty
    Thank you consequence
    Thank you thank you silence

• Options
    I am not proud of the posts that are getting me to 10,000.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I remember the first time I had a beer. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,233

Thank you India
    Thank you terror
    Thank you frailty
    Thank you consequence

Isn't that ironic, don'tcha think?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,879
    dankind said:
    Thank you dankind I literally laughed out loud reading this
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,898
    dankind said:
    Classic Dan!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    gordonstsggordonstsg Schenectady, NY Posts: 1
    Heading to Fenway with a lot of joy and excitement but I'm also a lame fan for a few key reasons outlined here in bullet form: 
    • This will only be my fourth Pearl Jam show (Grew up during in the Northeast Ticketmaster Battle Years, Limited Travel, plus other assorted excuses)
    • I'm a Red Sox fan hitting Fenway for the first time.
    • I'm bringing my wife to her first Pearl Jam show, an Opera singer who discovered them recently. Loves even the screamy stuff, which makes me love her even more.
    Can't wait to rage.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Thank you India
    Thank you terror
    Thank you frailty
    Thank you consequence

Isn't that ironic, don'tcha think?
    A little too ironic.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,870
    Heading to Fenway with a lot of joy and excitement but I'm also a lame fan for a few key reasons outlined here in bullet form: 
    • This will only be my fourth Pearl Jam show (Grew up during in the Northeast Ticketmaster Battle Years, Limited Travel, plus other assorted excuses)
    • I'm a Red Sox fan hitting Fenway for the first time.
    • I'm bringing my wife to her first Pearl Jam show, an Opera singer who discovered them recently. Loves even the screamy stuff, which makes me love her even more.
    Can't wait to rage.
    Not sure why any of this makes you lame. :confused:
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."