Options

Untitled Lyric Change (from MSG 2)

ACCBootlegGoddessACCBootlegGoddess Posts: 4,184
Ok I had to make mention of this version of Untitled cause Ed made a lyric change that really moved me.

I'm gonna try and type out all the lyrics for that song and take a stab at putting the ones that moved me in another colour.

I got a car
I got some gas
lets get the fuck out of here
get out of here fast
everyone's confused
I don't blame them I am too
I wanna go, but I don't want to go alone

Johnny I hope you get the messages
ohh you're not home
I'll see you in a month or so
and I ain't gonna pack no bags
you always got it for me there
I wanna go and I don't want to go alone

cause I'm reading the papers and watching the news
and I'm trying to consolidate information
so much information
feel so small
but your love is big
lets go where we can be alone
with you I could never be alone
I love you...I won't let you be alone.

I just found that sooo moving. I think if a guy sang something like that to me (and actually meant it) that I'd be choked up.
Not too many guys out there like Ed though.
"Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    YES Mel! I agree with everything you said (touching lyric change and Ed being one of a kind ;) ) haha. Anyways, I was listening to MSG 2 a lot yesterday and this version of Untitled always gets to me. Ed just sounds sooooo into it and soooo sincere. I love it!

"I love you...I won't let you be alone."

So pretty!!! I thought he also said something like "I won't let you down". Well whatever the case, very deep and moving. I especially love when he says....

"feel so small....but your love is big"

Ahh the power of love. Eddie so knows about it...and he sure knows how to dish it out non-stop. It's fuckin beautiful! :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    MayaMaya Posts: 14
    I'm getting MSG 2 for xmas since I didn't buy it on time at the website. I can't wait to hear that.
    04: 9/28, 9/29 03: 7/11, 7/9, 7/8, 7/6, 7/5, 7/3, 7/2, 7/1, 6/29, 6/03, 6/02, 6/01, 4/29. 02: 12/09, 12/08, 12/06. 00: 10/05, 10/04, 8/30. 98: 08/20
  • Options
    bump
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz