Question about Espresso Beans

mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,272
Probably a very dumb question, but hoping someone could help me out.
Never used EB before, but scrolling through it it is pretty awesome. I have a couple questions if anyone can help.
One, are the 6-month average prices accurate and fair? Some I would jump on at that price, and some seem way more than what I've seen sell on eBay.
Two- How do you conduct trades/buy? Do I Just make an account and message a person with an offer if they have a poster? Is it that simple?
Thanks!

Comments

• The 6 month average has not been updating for a good while, you need to use the sales history in order to get an accurate picture
  • kr472211kr472211 Posts: 210
    To your second question yes you make an account. If someone has a poster you want just send them a message with an offer or to.inquire about availability. Messages in your outbox have not been read. If it's in your sent box it has been read. 
  • As for conducting trades/sales, yes, you just have to contact the trader/seller and hope they even bother to reply to you.  The process is not much different than on Lost Dogs here, other than where this forum is a tight-knit group for the most part & everyone keeps their word, you may have no clue who you're dealing with over there.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,272
    Thanks guys. Makes sense about the 6 month average being out of date with some other listings I've seen.
    Yes always pay goods and services. That being said I've only had pleasant dealing's on ebeans and have had many of them!
  • ski-bumski-bum Posts: 1,012
    They are in the process of updating their site. We'll have to see how that goes.
    I've only purchased one poster from there, but it was my grail and I got it for a great price.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • I've had 4 positive purchase experiences over at Beans. Two Sperry Black Keys posters, one 1998 Kansas City Pearl Jam poster and a few Sperry handbills. I almost sold both those Sperry's over there and found positive interactions with other members interested in buying. I have had lots of inquiries on posters go unnoticed though, which is frustrating, especially if someone has a poster listed for a decent price.
    www.cluthelee.com
    I've had 4 positive purchase experiences over at Beans. Two Sperry Black Keys posters, one 1998 Kansas City Pearl Jam poster and a few Sperry handbills. I almost sold both those Sperry's over there and found positive interactions with other members interested in buying. I have had lots of inquiries on posters go unnoticed though, which is frustrating, especially if someone has a poster listed for a decent price.
    yea the most annoying thing are when people read your message and cant take two seconds to respond
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,016
    kr472211 said:
    I've had 4 positive purchase experiences over at Beans. Two Sperry Black Keys posters, one 1998 Kansas City Pearl Jam poster and a few Sperry handbills. I almost sold both those Sperry's over there and found positive interactions with other members interested in buying. I have had lots of inquiries on posters go unnoticed though, which is frustrating, especially if someone has a poster listed for a decent price.
    yea the most annoying thing are when people read your message and cant take two seconds to respond
    I think the people who want to make a lopsided by hundreds of dollars trade are more annoying.