Options

The Otherside/Andy Wood connection

elusive_oneelusive_one Posts: 117
I was just reading the lyrics to Otherside and the thing that was written about it in LD...
Jeff:....Over the couple of years that I wrote and reworked it, it turned into me and P. Partnerships are hard, lifelong ones are just absolutely mind blowing.

Does anyone else think that there's a possibility that "P" is Andy Wood... I believe Andy's middle name was Patrick... and if you read the lyrics... a couple of lines particularly make sense:

"playin' ain't the same without you here"... playing music? playing live? Reminds me of what Ed says after Crown of Thorns on L@TG about Andy.

"your fading melodies can't beat my need"

Any thoughts about this?
"...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I think the P stands for Jeff's longtime girlfriend, I beleive her name is Pandora.
  • Options
    Originally posted by neutron baum
    I think the P stands for Jeff's longtime girlfriend, I beleive her name is Pandora.

But is she dead? Cos to me it sounds like Jeff's singing about someone who's died... plus, Ed says: If life is a cruise ship and death is to embark to another shore, then this song is what it's like to be on the land while your partner remains out at sea.

I didn't know Jeff had a g/f! I'm crushed... hehe ;)
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Options
    interpret it however you want - that's all that matters - what it means to you -

to me - it's about love and that love object in your life not being there - whatever it may be

dominic
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours